Exploring Hydrocarbon Depletion
NEW! Members Only Forums!
Access more articles, news & discussion by becoming a PeakOil.com Member.
Terran wrote:Anyone though about kick scooters? those scooters were popular a few years ago,especially the razor ones. I remember in middle school almost everyone had one. Those scooters are pretty cheap, at least right now the price range is from $20-$60. Kick scooters are powered by human power.They're made of aircraft grade aluminium, so corrosion wouldn't be an issue. They don't seem to have that much in terms of replacment parts, except the wheels which needs to be replaced after it's worn down. This seems viable when good roads remain intact for short distance travel.
Skateboards are the same, very few parts. The base is made of wood, it seems good for short transport on good roads. I personally have a skateboard that I used when I were in 8th grade in middle school back in 2001. Again, the wheels needs to be replaced after some time, and the bearings needs to be greased. Viable to people?
That said, I still think they are the most fun you can have with your underwear on. Cars shield you from the world - motorcycles make you a part of it.
eastbay wrote:I do 80% of my commuting on San Francisco Bay Area freeways on my motorcycle. The other 20% is on lousy weather days in my Civic which gets better gas mileage than the motorcycle. Maybe some day nice freeway capable bikes will be made that get much better mileage than the best cars.
But I am really amazed how few people commute on motorcycles. Some days I see zero others on my wonderful 3am ride home. The bridge is free during commute hours, the parking is almost free and the kick is unreal.
Car people are really missing out.
eastbay wrote:but it's too dangerous around here.
I think that's the big reason so few ride regularly. Fear. It seems like every other day someone gets squished while riding.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests