Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Earth in 2100 Thread (merged)

Re: THE Earth in 2100 Thread (merged)

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 04 Jul 2018, 05:13:59

You are so young. In your 40's, but compared to me. I got to live a full life. I don't envy you. It's hard enough growing old. To have to go through what's coming...
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 04 Jul 2018, 05:30:24

Cid,

I’m just a wee bit younger than you but I have similar thoughts. It’s frustrating to not be able to communicate better our future state to my kids. I see them caught in the whole slave wage consummerisim trap. Not unlike I was at their age. If I could communicate better I would urge them to prepare more. I’ll try to leave them something if value, if they can recognize that value.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby onlooker » Wed 04 Jul 2018, 08:31:20

And what about Dr James Hanson, already a very accomplished scientist in the 80's warning about CC before Congress, Or even before the prestigious limits to growth study of the 70's. And in the 60's Prof. Erlich warning of out of control population. So we had ample sufficient warning. Those in position to understand the full ramifications and who could have communicated it to the masses and marshaled and led an effective response chose to ignore the warnings. Now our species will be reduced to a shadow of its former self if in fact we can avoid extinction. I have come to accept this, the way, I accept my eventual death
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 04 Jul 2018, 17:50:33

I’ve said it before, it all feels like the opening of a bad 1950’s B sci-fi horror flick.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby onlooker » Wed 04 Jul 2018, 17:57:08

Newfie wrote:I’ve said it before, it all feels like the opening of a bad 1950’s B sci-fi horror flick.

:lol:
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Thu 05 Jul 2018, 05:41:28

Newfie wrote:Cid,

I’m just a wee bit younger than you but I have similar thoughts. It’s frustrating to not be able to communicate better our future state to my kids. I see them caught in the whole slave wage consummerisim trap. Not unlike I was at their age. If I could communicate better I would urge them to prepare more. I’ll try to leave them something if value, if they can recognize that value.

I wish I could provide a link to Star Trek Next Generation: Inner Light Episode. It shows exactly where I am with this. They deserve to have a full life, but they won't, and it's a hard knowledge to possess.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 05 Jul 2018, 06:31:03

Hi Cid
this film comes to my mind:

Maybe in future the carussell is running in reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSnLU9nyFSA

Logan's Run
I watched it and was afraid that it will come to reality in the future... but must learn that tiny archipels in the pacific had practised exact an equal ritual.
I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Thu 05 Jul 2018, 23:26:04

There was some dystopian movie back in the '60's, I can't recall the name, but the US passed a law that at age 60, you became ineligible for medication or medical treatment. It was pretty good, but I can't remember what the name was. It may have been a made for TV movie.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ozcad » Sat 07 Jul 2018, 04:16:09

Picard flute solo (with invisible piano):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE1Zo5Ljws0

Orchestrated version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS98MygfoOE
ozcad
Peat
Peat