Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The War On Trees

Re: The War On Trees

Unread postby asg70 » Fri 18 May 2018, 08:30:35

pstarr wrote:This dumb-@ss comment is from two bozo's who wouldn't know the difference between a healthy forest and a limp d#ck.

Well there you go. If a thread is started about moralizing over man's relationship to nature then it works at either a corporate or personal level. Your post directed at Revi started dragging the thread down into Spanish Inquisition territory so you're really no better than Adam when it comes to that sort of thing. Always quick to judge and not keen to take your own medicine.
“If and when the oil price skewers for 6 months or more substantially above the MAP, then I will concede the Etp is inherently flawed"
--Onlooker, 1/1/2018
asg70
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby pstarr » Fri 18 May 2018, 12:15:03

asg70 wrote:
pstarr wrote:This dumb-@ss comment is from two bozo's who wouldn't know the difference between a healthy forest and a limp d#ck.

Well there you go. If a thread is started about moralizing over man's relationship to nature then it works at either a corporate or personal level. Your post directed at Revi started dragging the thread down into Spanish Inquisition territory so you're really no better than Adam when it comes to that sort of thing. Always quick to judge and not keen to take your own medicine.

Idiot. I was commenting on Revi's description of those small trees as a "wood lot". He corrected me. The big trees are in the back.

Revi is one of the few non-idiots here. He is living a good life, closer to the earth and Gaia. That is why he is so kind to losers like yourself. I am not as close to Gaia. She is making me impatient and I get angry.
November 2016
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 18 May 2018, 15:22:41

ASG and PSTARR.....

YOU ARE MAKING ME TURN AROUND!
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dohboi » Sat 09 Jun 2018, 12:14:26

"Something to think about:

The Earth is 4.6 billion years old.

Let's scale that to 46 years.

We have been here for 4 hours.

Our industrial revolution began 1 minute ago.

In that time, we have destroyed 50% of the world's forests.

This isn't sustainable."

-Vala Afshar.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Revi » Mon 11 Jun 2018, 08:19:59

pstarr wrote:
Revi wrote:The trees are in the pic, behind the Tree Farm sign. We are logging next winter, so there may be a few less.

The trees I see are no more than 6 inches in diameter. That is hardly a forest. Here in the Humboldt, the typical timber harvest rotation on any given plot of land is 40 years and the average cut tree size is probably 20 inches . . . still tragically small :cry:

We have about 500 tappable maples, and all sorts of other species on that lot. I agree that the trees aren't the size of the ones in Humbolt County, since they are some of the largest trees in the world. We do have three or 4 maples that are way bigger than a 24 inch diameter, and we put three taps in them. We use the smaller "ecolo taps" and don't use vacuum, so we just take what the trees give.

http://www.msad54.org/sahs/appliedarts/ ... /index.htm
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:20:27

Are small trees somehow inferior to large trees?
Cog
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Revi » Mon 11 Jun 2018, 13:33:11

You can't tap a maple until it's got a 10 inch diameter, so I guess they are just the future forest. They are growing in. I like the maples we have because they are growing vigorously and are making more sap each year.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 11 Jun 2018, 15:08:35

Ancient Baobab trees dying off in Africa---Climate change is blamed

die-off-africa-oldest-baobabs

Darn....the Baobabs can't be dying off already. I haven't gotten to Madagascar to see them yet. I'm going to have to speed up my end-of-the-world tour to see all the things that are going to disappear due to climate change. I never dreamed the Baobab trees would start dying off before I even get there. I'm heading down there next summer (2019) and should be able to see them before they get totally wiped out.

If you want to see the ancient Baobab trees before they disappear you've got to go now...the die off has begun.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate