Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

One Belt, One Road

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: One Belt, One Road

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 14 Jan 2018, 06:54:54

Russian friends of mine reckon no way is Russia ever going to let unfettered access happen from any direction. It's to this day among the most difficult countries to get a visa for & travel restrictions are heavier by far than for any of it's neighbors bar North Korea. Maybe you hand the keys to your truck to a Russian driver, fly to the other end or have another driver pick up whatever is left at the other side, yeah right.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby dissident » Sun 14 Jan 2018, 09:56:09

SeaGypsy wrote:Russian friends of mine reckon no way is Russia ever going to let unfettered access happen from any direction. It's to this day among the most difficult countries to get a visa for & travel restrictions are heavier by far than for any of it's neighbors bar North Korea. Maybe you hand the keys to your truck to a Russian driver, fly to the other end or have another driver pick up whatever is left at the other side, yeah right.

Containers don't need visas. Global shipping is done with containers. There is nothing limiting about having a land route as opposed to a sea route. I guess you are thinking that the same truck driver, driving the same truck is going to go from Asia to Europe. That is not how it happens now and nothing will change in this regard.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 14 Jan 2018, 16:49:40

Diss, the subtext is China building out these routes with not just rail, but high volume roads (as they are already doing into their SE Asian neighborhood). Rail- sure, easy enough to retain Russian sovereignty over rail transit. But in a pile of articles I've read this marked difference to other transit routes is not mentioned. Like we are all meant to believe Chinese benevolence will win an open Russia. My post & your comment are to suggest not.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sun 14 Jan 2018, 18:54:19

Road route is mainly through China through middle East heading to Europe, with a branch North to Moscow from Turkey and from Moscow on to Eastern Europe (this road probably already exists and will just be up graded).

Its all about trade so Im sure everyone connected will be getting an advantage .
Their importance as a trade bridge will need to be protected from outside threats by the eager customers and exporters all along the line.
It makes China and Russia stronger and more in-bedded into European economies and gives them more influence
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Sun 13 May 2018, 15:16:53

I saw a new documentary about this massive project today:

https://youtu.be/PbQqjdEBXqM?t=2s

Strange that we don't hear more about it.
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby pstarr » Sun 13 May 2018, 16:37:02

Rod_Cloutier wrote:I saw a new documentary about this massive project today:

https://youtu.be/PbQqjdEBXqM?t=2s

Strange that we don't hear more about it.

The Russian are oligarchs. The Chinese are slave people. Progress anywhere around the world is anti-American :x We are the only smart ones.

We made facebook. Our very own Hillary beat Donald fair and square.
November 2016
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Sun 13 May 2018, 17:03:16

pstarr wrote:-snip-

We made facebook. Our very own Hillary beat Donald fair and square.

I will probably regret asking, but what do you mean by that?

If you are talking about the popular versus electoral college vote totals, that has happened multiple times, because that is the way the system was designed, for good reasons.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics