Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Syria Thread Pt. 3 (merged)

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Attack on Syria imminent

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 12 Apr 2018, 22:16:57

KaiserJeep wrote:Well, thank you for your opinion, vt. But Clinton WAS impeached, and IMHO Trump never will be, because he has lawyers smarter than HRC, who barely kept her husband out of jail. Had he been anybody but the POTUS, he would have served time for obstructing justice, because he was guilty of that. Which is a criminal activity that the POTUS can commit with impunity, because of executive priviledge. I said that some politicians were more equal than others. Obstructing justice has taken out mere Senators before, because they didn't have executive priviledge. So Trump walks, just like Bill Clinton.

I am not the only one that shares my view. Avoiding being impeached and convicted won't save him from the voters in Iowa.
“I’ll tell you what. If people didn’t get the message from that race in southwestern Pennsylvania, well they’ll never get a message,” retiring Rep. Charlie Dent (R-PA) told The Daily Beast. “If you live in a swing or marginal district, if a member represents a swing or marginal district, he or she knows that they have to run the hardest, most serious campaign in their lives.
“This is a toxic and challenging political environment for Republicans. It’s a perilous environment. Let’s be honest,” Dent said. “We shouldn’t be kidding ourselves about this: Big wave coming—get off the beach.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/exiting-h ... n?ref=home
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Thu 12 Apr 2018, 23:01:36

We don't even need to discuss this. The congressional mid-term election is coming in 208 days, and we'll know then. But unless the D's make some major gains, there won't be an impechment because they won't have the votes. There is not much that can be done to keep a serving POTUS from running for a second term, either.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Thu 12 Apr 2018, 23:11:59

KaiserJeep wrote:There is not much that can be done to keep a serving POTUS from running for a second term, either.

You should have told that to LBJ.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 13 Apr 2018, 07:08:06

I kinda think being crazy is part of being President. Really, who in their right mind would want that job.

Reading bios of past Presidents does seem to support that theory. If not outright crazy then severely out of touch with the world.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 13 Apr 2018, 13:06:11

USA Today article quoting Russian general stating there was no gas attack.

Wow to support an independent review.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/wor ... 514039002/

Most anyone can make gas given the right mixture of household chemicals.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Peace in Syria is LITERALLY a pipe dream

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 13 Apr 2018, 13:57:05

The details are emerging of a new secret and quite stupid Saudi-US deal on Syria and the so-called ISIS. It involves oil and gas control of the entire region and the weakening of Russia and Iran by Saudi Arabian flooding the world market with cheap oil. Details were concluded in the September meeting by US Secretary of State John Kerry and the Saudi King. The unintended consequence will be to push Russia even faster to turn east to China and Eurasia.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/the-secre ... ia/5410130
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 13 Apr 2018, 14:04:14

That's about all we need to say on that subject. I found myself deleting an explicit statement about how to make copious amounts of gaseous chlorine with chemicals anybody can buy at a local hardware store or home center. Sure, there is huge amounts of information on the network, but we don't want to add to it. Just like when myself and another member voluntarily refrained from getting too explicit about how to make a WMD from an LNG tanker.

Sometimes I thank my own diety that so many members of that other religion never study basic chemistry, science, and mathematics. Having them study a holy book and a prophet instead is diverting a lot of violence IMHO. But there is always somebody bright enough to find the information on the network. Not to mention people whose opinions differ from my own, such as that group of European scientists that published the details of nuclear warhead engineering.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 13 Apr 2018, 15:31:54

Same question I’ve asked before: why all the hype about a gas attack? Does anyone think a child doesn’t suffer a horrible death from shrapnel ripping its gut open? An estimated 10,000 civilians were killed in 2017 with 2,300 being children. No one in the US talked about retaliating against the Syrian army over those deaths. So now killing 30+ children by an alternative method is unacceptable? Yeah, yeah, choking to death from chlorine gas isn’t nice. But neither is choking to death on your own blood from a chest wound.

So we need a chemical attack on children to justify attacking Syrian forces but killing 100X as many with HE gives the Syrian army a pass? IMHO another example of the f*cked up logic that rules much of the world.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Fri 13 Apr 2018, 16:31:42

ROCKMAN wrote:Same question I’ve asked before: why all the hype about a gas attack? Does anyone think a child doesn’t suffer a horrible death from shrapnel ripping its gut open? An estimated 10,000 civilians were killed in 2017 with 2,300 being children. No one in the US talked about retaliating against the Syrian army over those deaths. So now killing 30+ children by an alternative method is unacceptable? Yeah, yeah, choking to death from chlorine gas isn’t nice. But neither is choking to death on your own blood from a chest wound.

So we need a chemical attack on children to justify attacking Syrian forces but killing 100X as many with HE gives the Syrian army a pass? IMHO another example of the f*cked up logic that rules much of the world.

How many innocent children has the US killed since 2001? I'd be willing to bet it is more than Assad. Oh wait, I forgot, we are the good guys.....

Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 13 Apr 2018, 16:33:48

You would have to be crazy to want to be a leader in such f#%^ed up world.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Fri 13 Apr 2018, 16:55:54

ROCKMAN wrote:Same question I’ve asked before: why all the hype about a gas attack? Does anyone think a child doesn’t suffer a horrible death from shrapnel ripping its gut open? An estimated 10,000 civilians were killed in 2017 with 2,300 being children. No one in the US talked about retaliating against the Syrian army over those deaths. So now killing 30+ children by an alternative method is unacceptable? Yeah, yeah, choking to death from chlorine gas isn’t nice. But neither is choking to death on your own blood from a chest wound.

There you go again, being all rational, and data driven, and all.

You (and I) will just NEVER make a good politician without willingness to lie and exaggerate a lot more.

The idea of a "political science major" is, literally, one of very few things I've ever literally sneered at.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby dissident » Fri 13 Apr 2018, 19:35:37

Looks like backroom dealing is happening between the USA and Russia as to which targets will be hit. This way both get to save face.

I suppose all the Trump haters will see this is as proof of Trump being Putin's agent. You know, in spite of the fact that the chemical "weapon" attack is such a brazen fraud:

1) The density of Douma is very high: 130,000 people crammed into 8 square kilometers. So if an actual chemical munition was used, as opposed to a controlled release, we would have around a thousand casualties. Nobody makes chemical weapons that have tiny dispersal areas since they defeat the purpose of having such weapons in the first place. So a disc with a 250 meter radius would have had lethal and near lethal exposure levels. This translates into 0.25 km x 0.25 km = 0.0625 km^2 or 16,250 people/km^2 x 0.0625 km^2 = 1015 people. But only 40 dead are claimed. It is hard to hide 975 injured people. There is only one functional hospital in Douma and they would have clustered in and around it. Otherwise they would be dying on the streets and in their homes.

2) What is the point of using a weapon that kills less than 100 people on 3 notable occasions in the last 7 years? I know some clowns claim that Assad staged over 50 attacks. If that was true there would have been more than 3 crisis points since we see how quickly the US and its minions jump into action. Basically each one of those 50+ attacks would have killed dozens of innocents. And 50 attacks over 7 years is still a joke for a weapon. Morons can call this a weapon of mass destruction all they want, but if it does not even kill 1000 people, then it is clearly no such thing. A conventional artillery barrage can kill thousands of civilians in a place like Douma. Why is Assad killing small numbers of civilians (yes, by war standards these are small numbers) with useless chemical "weapons" when he can butcher vastly more with conventional weapons. I do not hear any hysteria from the US and NATO MSM about these thousands of civilian victims from conventional weapons assaults.

3) The US is forming a coalition with Saudi Arabia to attack Syria over this hoax.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/12/ ... 25534.html

Where is the concern for these Yemeni civilians. If you are going to claim chemical weapons are special, then you are an idiot. Assad never killed 70,000 civilians with chemical weapons attacks. Since they never happened. The Saudis are basically killing millions of Yemeni civilians through both bombing and starvation:

https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/09/middleea ... index.html

The above is from CNN so f*ck off with any attempt to shoot the messenger.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 13 Apr 2018, 19:55:35

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05- ... dent-assad

Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US "Created" ISIS As A "Tool" To Overthrow Syria's President Assad
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sun 15 Apr 2018, 13:04:11

Silly thread title. Peace in Syria is getting closer every day. Once Assad has finished killing or forcing out all oppositions Syria will be one of the most peaceful countries in the ME..
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 15 Apr 2018, 13:36:29

onlooker wrote:https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-23/secret-pentagon-report-reveals-us-created-isis-tool-overthrow-syrias-president-assad

Secret Pentagon Report Reveals US "Created" ISIS As A "Tool" To Overthrow Syria's President Assad

two for two on the tinfoil clickbait front. Some things never change here on peakoil.com.

CIA funds finding their way to ISIS was an accident, not by design. The problem is that rebel groups in the middle east tend to be led by extremists so it's very hard to bolster moderate voices if they are the minority component (and shrinking).

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 15 Apr 2018, 14:31:40

asg70 wrote:
onlooker wrote:https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-23/secret-pentagon-report-reveals-us-created-isis-tool-overthrow-syrias-president-assad

two for two on the tinfoil clickbait front. Some things never change here on peakoil.com.

CIA funds finding their way to ISIS was an accident, not by design. The problem is that rebel groups in the middle east tend to be led by extremists so it's very hard to bolster moderate voices if they are the minority component (and shrinking).

It is one thing doubting the opinion of site contributors another doubting a paper produced by official military sources. Have to agree some things never change on this site :lol:
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby dissident » Mon 16 Apr 2018, 14:24:51

onlooker wrote:
asg70 wrote:

It is one thing doubting the opinion of site contributors another doubting a paper produced by official military sources. Have to agree some things never change on this site :lol:

Deluded cherry pickers will keep on cherry picking. Nothing could ever change their minds, by definition. Another term for such people is zealots. Only their opinion is valid and they will never change their opinion. So why bother with such trash?
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Mon 16 Apr 2018, 16:24:48

23 March 2018 OPCW report (section 11):

the second round of inspections at the Barzah and Jamrayah facilities of the SSRC was concluded on 22 November 2017. ...The analysis of samples taken during the inspections did not indicate the presence of scheduled chemicals in the samples, and the inspection team did not observe any activities inconsistent with obligations under the Convention during the second round of inspections at the Barzah and Jamrayah facilities.

https://www.opcw.org/fileadmin/OPCW/EC/ ... g01_e_.pdf

Bazrah is the "chemical weapon facility" they bombed. It's actually a pharmaceutical research and manufacturing facility.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dissident » Mon 16 Apr 2018, 19:10:38

https://www.rt.com/news/424228-syria-st ... -facility/

The average western fake stream media consumer sap does not have the education to understand this show stopping detail. A bombing of an actual chemical weapons factory would have released a plume of nerve agent or other poison to kill thousands in this densely populated area. That the interview can be held at the bombed out site without any protection (even three days after the event) demonstrates the absence of any chemical weapons precursors or products.

For some reason western lemmings think that all governments not approved by NATO are totally insane and do not have to deal with similar political aspects like in the so-called NATO utopia. As if the people in these countries are all genetically inferior or something. Hmmm, where have I heard that before...oh I remeber: "white man's burden" and its derivative eugenics which forms of the heart of the Nazi ideology.

The self-anointed "exceptional" west trying to rule the world for the last 1000 years with no indication of stopping.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 16 Apr 2018, 20:48:06

I’m wading through a History of Modern Europe 1798 - 1878 or thereabouts. It was written by a Brit shortly after the close of the period. It’s a tough read because he is writing in the very wordy and indirect style of the day.

To the point: it is full of petty intrigues where the populace was ordered or aroused by the government or the press or both to attack some other country for the aggrandizement of the royalty. And rise and fight they did. Time after time after time....... it makes me wonder what back door dealings are taking place now; who is promising what to whom.

The politicians are ugly, dirty, and only concern themselves with we us when they need to throw another cord of humanity upon some burning ambition. Best to be an invisible hermit and enjoy life.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Asia Discussion