Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Syria Thread Pt. 3 (merged)

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: THE Syria Thread Pt. 2 (merged)

Unread postby AgentR11 » Tue 20 Jun 2017, 16:27:16

I do not post for Cog to read.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: All Syrian men fleeing Syria are Chickens!

Unread postby M_B_S » Wed 16 Aug 2017, 07:32:01

600,000 Syrians return home, majority to Aleppo
By Andrew Illingworth - 14/08/2017

According to a study by the International Organization for Migration (a United Nations body), some 602,759 displaced Syrians have been returned to their homes of which about two-thirds of that number specifically resettled in Aleppo Governorate.

The period of time the study accounts for is from January to June 2017.

Of the 602,759 returned Syrians, approximately 84 percent were internally displaced and the remaining sixteen percent were displaced in Lebanon, Iraq, Turkey and Jordan....

Syrian refugees in Europe what are you waiting for?

The Jihad Terrorists are mostly dead now build you country new GO HOME to help your people.

Go to Rojava=SDF+RUS or to New Syria under SAA+RUS protection :idea: :!:

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: All Syrian men fleeing Syria are Chickens!

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sun 20 Aug 2017, 17:17:51

I doubt, they will go back to Syria.
Here in Europe they can at least blow themselves up in airport or drive a lorry into crowded market.
It is far better job than chopping off heads of fellow jihadists from competing factions.
Before doing that they can still walk around railstation and touch German women underneath at whim.
Police is watching and pretending not to see anything. Such a nice police...
Plenty of money in benefits, plenty of goods to steal, plenty of women to rape and even if on very rare occassion one get caught, the prison looks like nice holliday resort with SPA.
No going home.
They are staying in Germany and Ms Merckel will invite more, so even more German women could get touched somewhere.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Kirkuk crisis just beginning

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 20:46:07

Reports emerged Monday that ISIS had been defeated in Raqqa, the Syrian city it claims as its capital, signaling a major victory in the years-long battle against the militant group and the near end to its self-declared caliphate. But already there are signs the post-ISIS battles are only beginning: In neighboring Iraq, government forces have recaptured Kirkuk, an oil-rich province that has been under Kurdish control since 2014, after beginning to move on the disputed region over the weekend. Iraqi government forces had retreated from Kirkuk in 2014 amid what seemed at the time to be ISIS’s unstoppable advance in northern Iraq. Kurdish forces known as the peshmerga quickly filled the void, taking control of the region that both the Kurdish government based in Erbil and the Iraqi national government based in Baghdad claim is rightfully theirs. (The Kurdistan Regional Government, .

Kirkuk crisis just beginning
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

US-allied forces take Syria’s largest oil field from Islamic

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 23 Oct 2017, 10:04:24

US-allied forces have captured Syria's largest oil field from the Islamic State group. The Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), who are in a race with Russian-backed Syrian government forces to seize parts of the oil-rich Deir el-Zour province, said they are in full control of the Al-Omar field. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said pro-government forces have retreated from the area around the oil field after coming under heavy fire from Islamic State militants. The SDF says government forces are two miles away from the oil fields. The Islamic State group has lost most of the territory it once held in Syria and neighbouring Iraq. Earlier this month, pro-government forces seized the town of Mayadeen, just across the Euphrates River. IS captured Al-Omar in 2014, when the group swept across large areas in Syria and neighbouring Iraq. The field was estimated to produce around 9,000 barrels

US Backed Forces take Syria's largest oil field
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Russia Is Taking Over Syria’s Oil And Gas

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 17 Feb 2018, 21:00:58

It finally happened… In accordance with an energy cooperation framework agreement signed in late January, Russia will have exclusive rights to produce oil and gas in Syria. The agreement goes significantly beyond that, stipulating the modalities of the rehabilitation of damaged rigs and infrastructure, energy advisory support, and training a new generation of Syrian oilmen. Still, the main international aspect and the key piece of this move is the final and unconditional consolidation of Russian interests in the Middle East. Before the onset of the blood-drenched Civil War, Syrian oil production wavered around 380,000 barrels per day. It has declined for some time then, since its all-time peak production rate of 677,000 barrels per day in 2002. Although the Islamic State was allegedly driven underground, the current output still stands at a devastating 14–15,000 barrels per day. As for gas, the production decline proved

Russia Is Taking Over Syria’s Oil And Gas

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby dissident » Sun 18 Feb 2018, 09:09:55

But US backed elements are taking over the gas and oil east of the Euphrates River.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dissident » Wed 21 Feb 2018, 19:54:29

The western fake stream media is back to its bloody libel BS about genocide of civilians in Syria. But the clowns can't even get the basic facts straight.

Even the same drivel as in the case of Aleppo is being peddled again: hospital bombings. Because there are supposedly no military targets (e.g. terrorists) in these enclaves. Only innocent children, cat shelters and hospitals.
dissident
Expert
Expert

The Syrian quagmire

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 06 Mar 2018, 10:45:41

The world was horrified yet again by gruesome images of Syrian children being torn to shreds by indiscriminate shelling and international media seems to have focused once again on the tragedy that is Syria. The conflict has intensified after Turkey launched Operation Olive Branch in the Kurdish-controlled Afrin district in Northern Syria. The operation began as Ankara fears the formation of a Kurdish corridor along its border. The war in Syria has raged on since 2011 and has claimed the lives of hundreds of thousands of civilians, with nearly half the country’s population displaced. The recent Turkish ground and air offensive has widespread implications for Syria and for what has become a terminally unstable region. At the frontline in Northern Syria, the US and Turkey are heading into a tense face-off. A general in the US army commanding the coalition said,

The Syrian quagmire

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Kunstler: Syriasly

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 02 Apr 2018, 16:33:15

“Peace with Honor” was President Nixon’s anodyne phrase for futzing around as long as possible in Vietnam to conceal the reality that the US military was getting its ass kicked by what we had initially thought was a 98-pound weakling of a Third World country. That was a half-century ago and I remember it now at age 106 thanks to my diet of kale and pepperoni sticks. Not ironically, the long struggle finally ended a few years after Nixon quit the scene, with the last straggling American evacuees waiting desperately for helicopter airlifts off the US embassy roof. And now, of course, Vietnam is a tourism hot-spot. And so just the other day, the latest POTUS declared (in his usual way) that “we’ll be coming out of Syria, like, very soon. Let the other people take care of it now.” The

Kunstler: Syriasly

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Peace in Syria is LITERALLY a pipe dream

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Sun 08 Apr 2018, 09:51:24

Wait 5,000 years...we'll have peace in Syria
Rod_Cloutier
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 08 Apr 2018, 11:32:23

"overcooked story of Vladimir Putin personally moving to poison the Russian/British double agent Skripal"

"problems that are sure to spread around other regions of the world in the years ahead. Nature’s way of correcting those imbalances is very ugly, and easily mistaken for mere politics."

Funny that in the same breath Kunstler both engages in and chides "mere politics". He really has a schizoid way of blogging these days.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 08 Apr 2018, 13:04:54

I don't think you can practically separate interactions among different players on the world stage and the natural instigators of stress ie. Limits to growth factors. They are intricately interwoven in all the venues where people and nations interact given their fundamental importance to human welfare and well being
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 08 Apr 2018, 20:49:27

CNN reports that Syrians say Obama lied to them about removing chemical weapons from the Syrian regime

chemical-weapons-attack-survivor-blames-obama

"I would just like to ask first before anything else, President Obama to apologize to the Syrian people and to the American people because he lied t0 our faces back in 2014 when he said he took out Assad’s chemical weapons,” Eid said on CNN’s New Day.

More than 100 chemical attacks happened since 2014 until now. More than 100 attacks. So president Obama owes us an apology,” he added.

----------------------------
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Attack on Syria imminent

Unread postby Cog » Wed 11 Apr 2018, 08:01:33

From Trump twitter:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 5440747520

Russia vows to shoot down any and all missiles fired at Syria. Get ready Russia, because they will be coming, nice and new and “smart!” You shouldn’t be partners with a Gas Killing Animal who kills his people and enjoys it!
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Re: Attack on Syria imminent

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 11 Apr 2018, 11:24:58

Syria is basically a proxy war now.

Putin is backing the Syrian Regime.

The USA is backing the Kurds.

Putin has put Russian troops into Syria to work with the Assad regime.

The USA has 2000 troops with the Kurds.

But Iran has also put troops into Syria to work with the Assad regime.

And Turkey has also put troops into Syria to fight the Kurds.

On the ground its the Assad regime + Russia + Iran + Turkey versus the Kurds + the USA.

I don't quite see what the goal here is for the USA.

Is our goal to help the Kurds militarily defeat the Assad regime + Russia + Iran + Turkey? Thats not going to happen.

Is our goal to slap the Assad regime (and the Russians) on the wrist for using chemical WMDs and then to continue helping the Kurds to fight the Turks and carve out homeland?

Is our goal to pull out of Syria as Trump said two weeks ago?

What is the plan? :?: :?: :?:
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 11 Apr 2018, 12:25:55

pstarr wrote:The point is to destabilize the country, sell weapons to the new owners, and get a little crude ta boot

That sounds reasonable, but it doesn't fit the facts on the ground.

Syria was already destabilized, it has almost no oil so nobody is getting any significant amount of crude, and the Kurds in Syria have no money to buy weapons.

So what is the point of the US war in Syria?
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Wed 11 Apr 2018, 12:40:13

Plantagenet wrote:

Perhaps it is something along the lines of "If you have a hammer, everything is a nail!".
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 11 Apr 2018, 14:05:32

yellowcanoe wrote:
Plantagenet wrote:

Perhaps it is something along the lines of "If you have a hammer, everything is a nail!".

Well, Obama took the US into the war into in Syria, and I like to think he was a little more sophisticated in his thinking then that.

I suspect Obama felt guilty about abandoning the Syrians after he gave them so much encouragement to start their rebellion against the Assad regime, so he made a half-hearted effort (or half-assed depending on how you look at it) effort to intervene militarily for humanitarian reasons and to defeat ISIS and to help the rebellion against Assad. However, being Obama he said the right things but didn't carry through to completion on any of those goals.

But at least Obama had goals. What in heck are Trump's goals?

Just two weeks ago Trump said he was pulling the US out of Syria. However, Trump seems to be genuinely outraged when Assad uses WMDs, so now he is going to bomb the Assad regime again just like a year ago.

OK. Thats not unreasonable. But what comes after that?

Is Trump still going to pull out all US troops from Syria after he bombs Assad, or does this mark a total reversal of the policy Trump outlined two weeks ago and perhaps even an expansion of direct US troop involvement in Syria?

Cheers!
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby asg70 » Wed 11 Apr 2018, 17:53:26

According to Plant, it's an Obama forum and will always be one.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Asia Discussion