Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Extinction Of Humanity pt. 3

Re: The Extinction Of Humanity pt. 3

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 14 Oct 2017, 19:34:52

pstarr wrote:
onlooker wrote:Yup, G and P. That is why I appreciate this site so much. Guys like you are so realistic. A skillset is the best you can do and financially manuevering away from obligations within the System. After that we are at the mercy of events and the Powers that be to a large degree. A temporary glitch is a different animal. Just have some food, water, flashlight and charged communication device will just about cover it. haha.

"Many of the world's elite, including hedge fund managers, sports stars and tech executives (Bill Gates is rumored to have bunkers at all his properties) have chosen to design their own secret shelters to house their families and staff."

Their staff will eat the elite. :? It seems the brightest among us are not all that brilliant outside their own chosen field.

I think it is much more nuanced than that. Those who treat staff as valued employees and respect them for doing their jobs and show it will have the loyalty of that same staff. Those who treat the staff/guards as disposable furniture will be in for an unpleasant awakening if TSHTF for real.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Extinction Of Humanity pt. 3

Unread postby dohboi » Sun 15 Oct 2017, 19:39:40

Beautifully written, Ibon!
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Extinction Anxiety

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 20 Jan 2018, 18:27:14

(Address for “Psyche and the Spirit of the Times: Psychoanalyzing Trumpism” given at Antioch University Seattle.) In order to talk about extinction anxiety I first need to address epistemological anxiety, otherwise, you won’t know if what I am saying to you is a bunch of ‘fake news’ served up by yet another privileged white male. Epistemology is that branch of philosophy concerned with how we come to have knowledge about anything at all. In the age of Trumpism, this is a question about truth and lies. Like the negative space on a painter’s canvas, Trump’s compulsive lying (averaging about five a day since he became President, according to the New York Times) brings into stark relief the question of what truth is and how we come to know it. It raises the question of our own critical thinking skills in assessing

Extinction Anxiety
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate