Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Mexico Thread Pt. 2 (merged)

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: Mexico - Failed State?

Unread postby Cog » Sat 13 Jan 2018, 10:02:31

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sat 13 Jan 2018, 11:28:23

GASMON wrote:Are they Trumps nuclear buttons Cog ?

Biggest Shithole in the Americas is Trumps mouth.

Gas

Sorry your girl lost. How is that London Muslim mayor working out for you guys?

Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby dissident » Sat 13 Jan 2018, 11:39:00

So much love for drug mafia run Mexico. Americans really do live in a bubble of delusion totally cut off from reality.

Cog, you retard, it was one of my friends that got murdered in Mexico.

I wonder why the mighty US does not fight the drug runners in Mexico. It tries to foist regime change on Russia and other countries. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the American elite is a full participant in the drug running. This would be consistent with the re-appearance of heroin production after the US intervention in Afghanistan.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 13 Jan 2018, 11:43:38

dissident wrote:So much love for drug mafia run Mexico. Americans really do live in a bubble of delusion totally cut off from reality.

Cog, you retard, it was one of my friends that got murdered in Mexico.

I wonder why the mighty US does not fight the drug runners in Mexico. It tries to foist regime change on Russia and other countries. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the American elite is a full participant in the drug running. This would be consistent with the re-appearance of heroin production after the US intervention in Afghanistan.

I have zero idea what you are talking about. Mexico is a *hithole as President Trump has alluded to. I am agreeing with you. Perhaps you meant someone else in your response.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sat 13 Jan 2018, 12:11:09

The difference Gasmon, is our president is calling out *hithole countries for what they are. Your politicians are inviting them in and arresting anyone who disagrees on a hate speech crime. Enjoy your Muslim overlords. May Sharia law rest lightly on you and your women.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Sat 13 Jan 2018, 17:58:08

There are two possibilities here pstarr.

1) They are not *hithole countries and therefore there is no reason for them to leave and come here

2) They are *hithole countries in which case we don't want their people coming here.

Pick one. CNN is having problems with this and doesn't know how to respond. I figured a world traveler like yourself could clear this up for me.

Oh and Muslim isn't a race by the way.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 19 Jan 2018, 21:22:25

IM GETTING TIRED OF THIS CHILDISH NAME CALLING.

NOW IVE GOT TWO THREADS TO MONITOR. IM SUPPOSED TO BE RETIRED.

PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL BE DELETED, NO WARNING, NO APOLOGIES.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: THE Mexico Thread Pt. 2 (merged)

Unread postby Tanada » Sun 03 Feb 2019, 18:45:30

Remittances hit a new record high of $33 billion in 2018
Increase attributed to US President Trump's stance on illegal immigration and a strong economy

Saturday, February 2, 2019

The fear of deportation fed by United States President Donald Trump’s hardline rhetoric on immigration and a strong U.S. labor market and economy drove remittances from Mexicans outside the country to an all-time high in 2018.

Mexicans working abroad, mainly in the United States, sent US $33.48 billion to Mexico last year, an increase of 10.5% over the 2017 figure, according to the Bank of México (Banxico).

The remittances were sent in 103.9 million separate transactions, a 6% increase on the 2017 figure, and each one was on average $322 compared to $309 the year before, Banxico data shows.

Almost 98% of remittances were sent by electronic means and just over 94% came from the United States.

The total dollar amount sent to Mexico made remittances the country’s second largest foreign currency earner after auto exports, which totaled around $142 billion.

Just seven states received half of all remittances sent.

Michoacán took in just under $3.4 billion followed by Jalisco, with almost $3.3 billion; Guanajuato, with just over $3 billion; México state, with $1.9 billion; Oaxaca, with $1.7 billion; Puebla, with $1.7 billion; and Guerrero, with $1.6 billion.

Financial analysts say that Trump’s tough stance on illegal immigration has encouraged Mexicans in the United States to send more money home.

The Mexican government estimates that around 12 million Mexicans live in the United States and about half that number are there illegally.

Analysts at the Mexican bank Banorte say they expect the flow of remittances from the United States to remain strong in 2019 because the fundamentals of the U.S. economy are strong.

However, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is predicting growth in that country will slow to 2.5% this year compared to 2.9% in 2018, which could slow the growth of remittances to below the double-digit spike seen in 2018.

But anti-immigration rhetoric is likely to continue to encourage remittances, Banorte said, provided that no measures are taken to limit them.

While a candidate for president, Trump threatened to cut off remittances to Mexico, proclaiming that such a move would pressure the Mexican government to cough up “a one-time payment of $5-$10 billion” for his border wall.

However, the United States government has never tried to put the plan into place and, according to a migration expert, it would likely backfire on the U.S. president.

“My first reaction was, ‘That sounds counterproductive,’” Andrew Selee, president of the Migration Policy Institute, told The Washington Post last month.

“Mexican migration [to the United States] is dropping in part because Mexican migrants are sending money home so more Mexicans can have a dignified life,” he said.

Cutting off remittances would potentially disrupt lives in Mexico and result in more migration to the United States, Selee added.

Source: Milenio (sp)

Link
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Revi » Wed 06 Mar 2019, 11:23:55

Pobre Mexico. Tan lejos de dios, y tan cerca a los Estados Unidos.

We think of ourselves as much more stable than Mexico, but it may not work out so well for us.

Mexico is a big place. I could see parts of it collapsing, but there are parts that are pretty stable.

A lot of people grow their own food and live in village economies. They have made it through many economic hard times already, so they may weather this one better than a lot of places.

Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby theluckycountry » Thu 21 Dec 2023, 19:46:26

Southern border hits highest number of illegal immigrant encounters, thanks to Biden’s CBP that gives illegals $5,000 Visa gift cards
https://naturalnews.com/2023-12-19-cbp- ... -card.html

So what's to stop mexicans already living in the US from going back down, assuming a false identity, and then coming back into the US to collect the $5k? Sounds like a simple operation to me? How many mex go back across for a visit with the relos, a perfect opportunity.
The agency expects that for fiscal year 2023, the encounters will exceed 2.4 million once the figures are finalized. CBP's forecast is to surpass 2022's record of 2.3 million.

Nasty bit of work!
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Thu 21 Dec 2023, 21:32:05

theluckycountry wrote:
Southern border hits highest number of illegal immigrant encounters, thanks to Biden’s CBP that gives illegals $5,000 Visa gift cards
https://naturalnews.com/2023-12-19-cbp- ... -card.html

So what's to stop mexicans already living in the US from going back down, assuming a false identity, and then coming back into the US to collect the $5k? Sounds like a simple operation to me? How many mex go back across for a visit with the relos, a perfect opportunity.
The agency expects that for fiscal year 2023, the encounters will exceed 2.4 million once the figures are finalized. CBP's forecast is to surpass 2022's record of 2.3 million.

Nasty bit of work!

The idea that illegal immigrants are given a $5000 visa gift card doesn't pass the smell test. Sure enough, there is no truth to this claim. https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... -who-cros/
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby theluckycountry » Fri 22 Dec 2023, 06:26:04

yellowcanoe wrote:https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2023/dec/19/mark-lamb/no-the-us-government-is-not-giving-people-who-cros/

lol. well regardles of whether that particular sorry is exaggerated, that site is supposed to be no-bias, but a quick perusal of a search or two proves it's a Democratic lap dog

Search results for "HUNTER BIDEN" https://www.politifact.com/search/?q=HUNTER+BIDEN
Search results for "TRUMP" https://www.politifact.com/search/?q=TRUMP

Yes, hunter is a saint and Trump is Evil.
après moi le déluge
theluckycountry
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to North America Discussion