Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Vast UFO Cover-Up

What's on your mind?
General interest discussions, not necessarily related to depletion.

Re: The UFO phenomenon

Unread postby Gsearch » Fri 16 Oct 2015, 17:48:40

Cog wrote:Aliens may well be bound by speed of light limits in the same way us humans are. Which is why no definitive proof has been established that we are being visited now or have ever been visited. The universe is a very large place and the distances involved between star systems make exploration problematic unless you can somehow exceed speed of light limitations. See Fermi's paradox.

There is a wealth of evidence of flying objects breaking the "laws" of physics and performing the extraordinary, in the way that vox-mundi described. Anyone who continues to deny that the technology exists at this point is simply retarded, and anyone who actually believed that concepts like FSL were impossible in the first place was obviously extremely close minded. It's already publicly acknowledged that radio waves can travel faster than the speed of light.
Gsearch
Permanently Banned

Unread postby onlooker » Fri 16 Oct 2015, 18:00:15

By the way Gsearch, just offering you a warm welcome as I see you just now registered. This site is very good and interesting offering a wide menu of topics to discuss. It is also well managed in terms of behavior of posters. Let us see if we can keep the UFO discussions going to gain some more opinions about this subject as it does fascinate me and certainly as you said it profoundly affected you and your thinking
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Fri 16 Oct 2015, 18:57:08

Gsearch wrote:
Cog wrote:Aliens may well be bound by speed of light limits in the same way us humans are. Which is why no definitive proof has been established that we are being visited now or have ever been visited. The universe is a very large place and the distances involved between star systems make exploration problematic unless you can somehow exceed speed of light limitations. See Fermi's paradox.

There is a wealth of evidence of flying objects breaking the "laws" of physics and performing the extraordinary, in the way that vox-mundi described. Anyone who continues to deny that the technology exists at this point is simply retarded, and anyone who actually believed that concepts like FSL were impossible in the first place was obviously extremely close minded. It's already publicly acknowledged that radio waves can travel faster than the speed of light.

Where may I examine these flying objects? Is there one in the Smithsonian? By the way, Do radio waves have mass? I will assume that aliens and their ship do have mass and are bound by Einstein's Special theory of relativity unless you can prove otherwise.

True believers in aliens ships visiting our planet are amazing people. With the wide spread advent of cell phone video and cameras, the actual amount of UFO video and photographs has actually decreased from the grainy videos and photos of a few decades ago. One would think it would be the opposite case but it is not.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Gsearch » Fri 16 Oct 2015, 19:29:32

"Einstein's" theory can be forgotten because it's nonsense and the craft are real, regardless of how they work. There are several high quality photos and videos of them and people and the environment have suffered acute radiation poisoning and various other effects after witnessing these objects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49bF5ZXoeCQ
Gsearch
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Gsearch » Fri 16 Oct 2015, 19:47:28

onlooker wrote:By the way Gsearch, just offering you a warm welcome as I see you just now registered. This site is very good and interesting offering a wide menu of topics to discuss. It is also well managed in terms of boehavior of posters. Let us see if we can keep the UFO discussions going to gain some more opinions about this subject as it does fascinate me and certainly as you said it profoundly affected you and your thinking

Thanks. Check this out.

http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/pr ... 63/1.57718
Gsearch
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Fri 16 Oct 2015, 20:34:17

Gsearch wrote:It's already publicly acknowledged that radio waves can travel faster than the speed of light.
No. Read the paper:
http://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0405062v1.pdf
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Gsearch » Fri 16 Oct 2015, 20:44:01

This thread is about UFOs so I encourage everyone not to let McClary derail the thread as he always tries to do with his ignorance, even though something predatory inside of us always kicks in when we see him.
Gsearch
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cog » Fri 16 Oct 2015, 23:20:06

Gsearch wrote:This thread is about UFOs so I encourage everyone not to let McClary derail the thread as he always tries to do with his ignorance, even though something predatory inside of us always kicks in when we see him.

It doesn't work that way chief. You bring up an topic about radio waves and McClary responds to it with a link to the actual paper and NOW you don't want to talk about it.

This is problem I have with UFO true believers. They don't want their beliefs challenged with science.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby WildRose » Sat 17 Oct 2015, 00:07:54

In mid-August this year, hubby and I were coming home from a movie about midnight and were just pulling into our neighborhood when we saw four bright, yellow-orange objects in the night sky. My first thought was that they were helicopters, as they were at about the height that helicopters usually fly. We quickly realized they weren't though, they did not move like helicopters and when we parked and got out of our vehicle, we didn't hear noise coming from them. Two of them were to the north of our area and two to the south, they moved in a circular fashion very quickly, and all of a sudden moved so fast they were gone from sight within a second or two. It was a very clear, beautiful night. We stayed outside for a while hoping to see them again, but instead we saw satellites high up in the sky.
WildRose
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Is fast crash likely? Pt. 7

Unread postby Yoshua » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 03:10:03

Pentagon has decided to disclose the U.F.O phenomena. They have even provided the first official USG approved video of an encounter by a fighter jet with an U.F.O.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/u ... mn06mtRGUt

The end is nigh.
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 03:39:55

Yoshua wrote:Pentagon has decided to disclose the U.F.O phenomena. They have even provided the first official USG approved video of an encounter by a fighter jet with an U.F.O.

The end is nigh.

From your linked story:

While not addressing the merits of the program, Sara Seager, an astrophysicist at M.I.T., cautioned that not knowing the origin of an object does not mean that it is from another planet or galaxy. “When people claim to observe truly unusual phenomena, sometimes it’s worth investigating seriously,” she said. But, she added, “what people sometimes don’t get about science is that we often have phenomena that remain unexplained.”

James E. Oberg, a former NASA space shuttle engineer and the author of 10 books on spaceflight who often debunks U.F.O. sightings, was also doubtful. “There are plenty of prosaic events and human perceptual traits that can account for these stories,” Mr. Oberg said. “Lots of people are active in the air and don’t want others to know about it. They are happy to lurk unrecognized in the noise, or even to stir it up as camouflage.”

Red font mine, for emphasis.

So not "the end is nigh", but more braying that the unknown is little green men -- without meaningful evidence.

This reminds me of certain distorted misinformation called ETP, and plenty of braying that it means TEOTWAWKI real soon now. :roll:
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Yoshua » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 04:56:06

Un ounce of skepticisms is healthy...so I leave the skepticism to you. When Pentagon opens up on UFO's and technology that seems to defy the laws of physics as we understand them, then they are saying: In the name of the mighty Satan, there will be some fucking blood!
:)
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 11:20:01

Pentagon has decided to disclose the U.F.O phenomena. They have even provided the first official USG approved video of an encounter by a fighter jet with an U.F.O.

Bigelow has spent $10 of millions researching paranormal phenomena over the years. I have to agree with him; most of the unexplained phenomena witnessed is not the result of alien visitors! They are time travelers from our own future. Of course, that is science that we do not yet possess, so we simply dismiss it.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 14:30:09

Yoshua wrote:Un ounce of skepticisms is healthy...so I leave the skepticism to you. When Pentagon opens up on UFO's and technology that seems to defy the laws of physics as we understand them, then they are saying: In the name of the mighty Satan, there will be some fucking blood!
:)

When that happens, and there is credible physical evidence, and new science and products are being made due to that new evidence/information, be SURE and get back to us.

Until then, there's a product you might enjoy for your speculative science bent. It's called science fiction.

You seem to be mixing delusion, religion, and paranoia in there a bit. Why does raving about Satan, blood, etc. fit into claims that UFO's are real? (If you're trying to appear reasonable, that isn't helping your case).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 14:57:22

shortonoil wrote:

Bigelow has spent $10 of millions researching paranormal phenomena over the years. I have to agree with him; most of the unexplained phenomena witnessed is not the result of alien visitors! They are time travelers from our own future. Of course, that is science that we do not yet possess, so we simply dismiss it.

Of course, the fact that science relies on EVIDENCE would have NOTHING to do with such ideas gaining no traction in the realm of mainstream science. :roll:

I find it interesting how the purveyers of ETP and the apparent inclination to believe in UFO's, etc. correlate so well. The common thread being delusion, perhaps?
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Yoshua » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 15:32:25

Pentagon studied the UFO phenomenon and provided official USG approved video evidence of technology in US air space that is beyond our understanding of science and technology. What more do you want?

The UFO phenomenon has a higher security clearance than the Manhattan Project did. US military officers in command of nuclear missiles have come forward and told about incidences were UFO's have taken control over the missiles, activated them for launch and then shut them down.

When Pentagon discloses the UFO phenomenon then there must be a very good reason for it.

My take on it that they see an energy collapse coming and that we are running out of time. (The movie: There will be blood)
Yoshua
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 16:27:08

At this point I do not think we as a species can salvage much of anything worthwhile so I hope and yes pray that indications that Aliens exist and are here are true. They are the only ones who may help us extricate ourselves from this mess. Maybe we should start a UFO thread
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby shortonoil » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 16:40:48

Of course, the fact that science relies on EVIDENCE would have NOTHING to do with such ideas gaining no traction in the realm of mainstream science.

I find it interesting how the purveyers of ETP and the apparent inclination to believe in UFO's, etc. correlate so well. The common thread being delusion, perhaps?

That is why people like Bigelow, who is a billionaire genius, is worth listening to, and worthless internet do nothing bums like you aren't.

When Pentagon discloses the UFO phenomenon then there must be a very good reason for it.

I must admit that an official release after so many years of such information is certainly strange. It goes along with the comments of a Presidential Security Adviser, Kevin Harrington who is a physicists, that came out with a statement which included energy apocalypse. But it is not unknown for the government to perpetuate psych ops on the population. Let's not run in circles, and scream and shout until more is revealed. We should know the truth behind it all soon enough!
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 20:44:52

It's only a matter of time before traditional nuttery polluted this thread.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Cog » Sun 17 Dec 2017, 21:31:04

Wow this thread really ran off the rails. Aliens now? LOL
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic Discussion