Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Peak oil and the Aramco/SABIC petrochemical project

How to save energy through both societal and individual actions.

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 03 Dec 2017, 00:13:20

THERE is an important connection between this week’s announcement by Saudi Aramco and SABIC of an MoU for a direct oil-to-chemicals complex and the Tesla Semi electric truck, which is being trialled by DHL and other logistics companies. To fully understand this link, let’s first consider the wider context behind the Tesla truck story. This story tells us is that it is not only the electrification of passenger vehicles that is a major threat to oil demand. Why not electrification of the transportation of goods as well? Right now, conventional wisdom suggests that this won’t happen, resulting in the standard view of continued strong growth in diesel consumption. But today’s technologies never stand still. Just look at US shale oil and gas as an example that most of us can relate to. And in general terms, one very likely scenario is where electrification of

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to Conservation & Efficiency