Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Climate Chaos Is Here Pt. 4

Re: Climate Chaos Is Here Pt. 4

Unread postby Plantagenet » Tue 14 Nov 2017, 18:45:13

Newfie wrote:
dohboi wrote:Why would I want to survive the bottle neck?

Sometimes I feel sorry for you.

My heartfelt condolences. :cry:

The reason to survive the bottleneck is to be one of the last breeding pairs of humans.

After the bottleneck we few survivors will have a duty to breed night and day to try to repopulate the earth and ensure the survival of the human race. I don't know about you, but I'm willing to undertake the job of breeding to make sure our species doesn't go extinct.

If necessary I'll make long dangerous journeys from my doomstead on the shore of the Arctic Ocean back to the ruins of civilization to find one or more women willing to breed for the good of humanity. I'm planning to do whatever it takes to help our species survive after the bottleneck.

Its for the survival of of our species
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 14 Nov 2017, 21:08:44

Always helpful eh Plant? Strange talk for a bachelor.

I would think the simple joy of life would be enough to keep one going. For your family and loved ones but for your own self if that’s all there is.

There may come a day when I’ve had enough and bow out. That will be a sad day and I will weep. Until then life itself is sufficient joy to continue.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby baha » Wed 15 Nov 2017, 05:20:00

Has anyone ever tried to just lay down and die? It ain't easy. Unless you're willing to put yourself down you will continue to fight until your last breath. If you are killed by events then you don't have to choose. You don't get to choose...

My Dad used to say he would rather not survive the crash. Lots of people say that...but you won't get the choice. And if you do survive human nature says you will do whatever it takes to continue surviving.

The truth is we aren't really living now...We stay in our climate controlled boxes with our noses stuck in a video screen. We need opioids to dull the pain of our boring existence. There are too many people and not enough meaningful things to do...

Real life begins after the crash...and I will do my part to procreate :)
A Solar fuel spill is otherwise known as a sunny day!
The energy density of a tank of FF's doesn't matter if it's empty.

https://monitoringpublic.solaredge.com/solaredge-web/p/kiosk?guid=19844186-d749-40d6-b848-191e899b37db
baha
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Tanada » Wed 15 Nov 2017, 08:12:43

baha wrote:The truth is we aren't really living now...We stay in our climate controlled boxes with our noses stuck in a video screen.

In all fairness if there is an actual real crash easy birth control will disappear right along with it and the practice of procreation will resume in all the 'advanced' countries where Children are currently considered an inconvenience very quickly. People have always enjoyed sex and procreation comes as a consequence unless there is intervention. Take away safe sterilization and latex condoms and birth control pills/shots/devices and there will be more procreating going on than you can shake a stick at in cities all over the "First World" that would have never happened with easy birth control being available.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Cog » Wed 15 Nov 2017, 10:42:59

baha wrote:Has anyone ever tried to just lay down and die? It ain't easy. Unless you're willing to put yourself down you will continue to fight until your last breath. If you are killed by events then you don't have to choose. You don't get to choose...

My Dad used to say he would rather not survive the crash. Lots of people say that...but you won't get the choice. And if you do survive human nature says you will do whatever it takes to continue surviving.

The truth is we aren't really living now...We stay in our climate controlled boxes with our noses stuck in a video screen. We need opioids to dull the pain of our boring existence. There are too many people and not enough meaningful things to do...

I like climate controlled environments and flush toilets. Nothing is stopping you from moving to India and living in a slum except youself. Go forth and do so and give me a range report on how its so much better.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby GHung » Wed 15 Nov 2017, 10:43:41

Tanada wrote:
baha wrote:The truth is we aren't really living now...We stay in our climate controlled boxes with our noses stuck in a video screen.

In all fairness if there is an actual real crash easy birth control will disappear right along with it and the practice of procreation will resume in all the 'advanced' countries where Children are currently considered an inconvenience very quickly. People have always enjoyed sex and procreation comes as a consequence unless there is intervention. Take away safe sterilization and latex condoms and birth control pills/shots/devices and there will be more procreating going on than you can shake a stick at in cities all over the "First World" that would have never happened with easy birth control being available.

This, of course, was a prediction made by Limits to Growth. Dotted lines were projected, solid lines are actual:

Looks like we're ahead of schedule so far. How it plays out is another matter, but I consider it a pretty good guess that if the death rate has fallen faster than expected, and population is rising faster, then other projections will likely occur sooner. Depends very much on rates of resource extraction and overall social stability. The latter seems to be an accelerating problem,, but maybe it's just me.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby baha » Wed 15 Nov 2017, 15:17:28

Tanada, I was thinking about that today. If Plantagenet and I go around spreading our seed we are relegating all females to being pregnant :) So many things have changed in 100 years. Everything is planned and controlled. Where does natural selection come in? Babies with genetic deformities used to be left to die...the Matrix is making us soft and genetically weak.

Cog, nothing can stop me :) I already moved to where I want to be. Yes, I like my comforts but I try hard to go outside as much as possible and limit my time on-line. I enjoy our conversations but I would enjoy them more face to face. I can read so many things from a person's eyes and face that I see this media as somewhat hollow. I am afraid people will get so deep into the matrix they will forget how to have personal interactions. There are some people who get so lost they just go shoot people, just like in their video game...

Ghung, that is one of the reason's I don't trust 20 year projections. TPTB are projecting infinite growth. I think 10 years will be long enough to destroy that myth.
A Solar fuel spill is otherwise known as a sunny day!
The energy density of a tank of FF's doesn't matter if it's empty.

https://monitoringpublic.solaredge.com/solaredge-web/p/kiosk?guid=19844186-d749-40d6-b848-191e899b37db
baha
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dohboi » Wed 15 Nov 2017, 19:57:01

Some people are still grasping, it seems.

Detachment is the way to go! :lol:
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby jedrider » Thu 16 Nov 2017, 13:55:48

Cog wrote:
baha wrote:Has anyone ever tried to just lay down and die? It ain't easy. Unless you're willing to put yourself down you will continue to fight until your last breath. If you are killed by events then you don't have to choose. You don't get to choose...

I like climate controlled environments and flush toilets. Nothing is stopping you from moving to India and living in a slum except youself. Go forth and do so and give me a range report on how its so much better.

Yes, we don't get much choice. We subdue mother nature and all we are left with are our video devices to watch someone else enjoy mother nature.
jedrider
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate