Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Energy market disruption is underway

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

The Future Of Crude Oil

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 07 Nov 2017, 14:47:58

Summary In the long term Electric Vehicles will impact the price of crude oil but it’s unlikely to hit rock bottom as is popularly believed. Estimates of the time required for Electric vehicles to achieve cost parity with traditional cars are probably underestimated. In the short term a tug of war between Saudi Arabia and China will be a key determinant of the price of crude oil. China is stockpiling crude oil which could be used to check surge in oil price which will favor China in negotiating Aramco deal with Saudi. Long-Term Many now talk about crude oil heading to $10 a barrel. Such ideas stem from projections of technological changes favoring other sources of energy for economic or environmental reasons, in particular the evolution of Electric Vehicles (EV). It's no secret that the biggest source of demand for crude oil is its use as

The Future Of Crude Oil
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 10 Nov 2017, 21:41:19

An unprecedented wave of disruptions is facing energy and mining commodity markets. We have already seen environmental policy, socioeconomic changes and technological innovation kick off a major transition to low- or zero-carbon technologies. With the Paris Agreement targets set, governments are reinforcing their focus on meeting their greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction goals. This comes at a time when structural changes have lead to slower demand growth for hydrocarbons and several base metals compared with recent growth in supply. Many questions surround expectations for recovery from the resultant supply glut. Renewable technology costs are falling, and as battery storage capabilities and economics improve, renewable energy will become more reliable and competitive — potentially further displacing demand for oil, coal and natural gas in the power sector. This raises major questions about the imminence of peak oil demand, the role of gas as a

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Energy market disruption is underway

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 10 Nov 2017, 21:42:36

Can anyone else say...Tony Seba has already explained all of this, and his presentation proving it is in my sig line?

WOO HOO!! Go Tony!!
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 10 Nov 2017, 23:48:41

AdamB wrote:With the Paris Agreement targets set, governments are reinforcing their focus on meeting their greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction goals.

Dream on.

There is no global greenhouse (GHG) reduction goal in the Paris Accords. Most nations at Paris committed to INCREASING their CO2 emissions, and the increase in global CO2 emissions projected to occur under the Paris accords is well above levels that might limit global T increases to 2° C

The Paris Accords are a fraud and a farce----the Paris accords includes commitments for large INCREASES in CO2 emissions. The claims of Obama and others that this will limit global T increase to only 2° C are damnable lies.

The Paris Accords call for INCREASING CO2 emissions on a global basis. Obviously this will result in increased global warming to increasingly higher levels.

Cheers!

"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
"Il bel far niente"
---traditional Italian saying
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Subjectivist » Sat 11 Nov 2017, 06:28:33

AdamB wrote:Can anyone else say...Tony Seba has already explained all of this, and his presentation proving it is in my sig line?

WOO HOO!! Go Tony!!

Your boosting of Tony Seba is taking on the aura of fanatacism not any different from the ETP accolates except yours is corny and theirs is doomy.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Fusion
Fusion

Return to Peak Oil Discussion