Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 2

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 1

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 20 Sep 2017, 05:54:42

Any reaction here to Trumps UN address?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Rod_Cloutier » Sat 23 Sep 2017, 19:00:15

Trump is to the establishment what 'The Mule' was to the social engineers of Issac Asimov's Foundation series of novels.

Unexpected, unanticipated, and totally maverick. All of the social plans of the establishment, the NWO, Carlyle group, the Fed, ect, have been thrown into chaos by this event.

They probably have a plan on how to get thing back on track once he's gone.
Rod_Cloutier
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 1

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sat 23 Sep 2017, 19:05:06

Newfie wrote:Any reaction here to Trumps UN address?

I hope there is more to his plan to deal with North Korea then just calling Kim insulting names.

Cheers!

"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
"Il bel far niente"
---traditional Italian saying
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 23 Sep 2017, 19:27:26

Plant,

I hear you, I'm hoping the same thing.

I thought it was interesting there was so little, no, comment on this board.

I get the impression that there are a bunch of us who are just kind of watching this mess thinking "I sure hope he knows what he is doing."

ATM I'm in no mood to criticize him. He was dealt a very poor hand by previous admins. I just hope he sorts a way thorough this mess.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 2

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 23 Sep 2017, 20:17:16

It's pretty clear he doesn't know what he's doing. Clearly he's painting himself into a corner, regarding responding to any attack on US or Allies by glassing NK. Who really wants to think about what that would really mean? Aside from the civilian population essentially innocent, wiping out millions to get one despot- the moral implications are pretty terrible, then the inevitable & unquantifiable repercussions for SK, Japan & the physical & political fallout throughout the region... Even if it didn't tip over into a major powers war, there would be a crisis in confidence which would make the GFC look like a banker's picnic.

I think most of us are basically aware of all that & hoping that better minds with quieter mouths are making the real decisions.

The big worries- how crazy is 'Rocket Man'? & How big is his arsenal? Nobody can give a straight answer to either.
SeaGypsy
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 24 Sep 2017, 06:05:48

Right, my HOPE is that Trump is pushing China to take action. And perhaps providing them with some domestic cover.

"Dear Comrades, was necessary for China to occupy NK to avoid an unprovoked attack ordered by Mr Trump."

Some days I hope a lot.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AgentR11 » Mon 25 Sep 2017, 16:53:33

Newfie wrote:"Dear Comrades, was necessary for China to occupy NK to avoid an unprovoked attack ordered by Mr Trump."

China is a much softer target for NK nukes than is SK or Japan; so I'd expect no such thing. China's already made it clear they'll do what it takes to prevent regime change in NK, and I think they mean it.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Mon 25 Sep 2017, 20:43:52

Agent,

You may be right. If so then Trump's position is much tougher.

But.....I don't put excessive weight in what is reported as being said. May be true, may not be. IMHO only time will tell.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 25 Sep 2017, 22:24:51

Agent - "China's already made it clear they'll do what it takes to prevent regime change in NK." And why wouldn't China be glad to see a less hostile regime take control of NK? Right now NK is not much of trading partner compared to other countries. It certain doesn't care to see a US military build up in the region. And I doubt it welcomes Japan modifying its constitution allowing a switch to aggressor capabilities of its military from the strictly self defense structure it has had for decades.

I can't think of one positive aspect for China having Rocket Boy running NK.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 25 Sep 2017, 23:29:55

ROCKMAN wrote:I can't think of one positive aspect for China having Rocket Boy running NK.

Communist dogma teaches that Communism will eventually win everywhere.

China supported North Vietnam in its decades long struggle to reunite Vietnam---and eventually the north expelled France and then expelled the USA and won. Today Vietnam is ruled by the communist party of Vietnam.

Why shouldn't China see North Korea's struggle to reunite Korea exactly the same way they saw Vietnam's struggle? China probably thinks North Korea will eventually expel the USA and reunite Korea under communist control. They probably think an eventual communist victory in Korea by "Rocket Man" or one of his successors is inevitable. There is no way China is going to support the USA on this since they think the USA is bound to give up and leave Korea in the long run.

Cheers!

"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
"Il bel far niente"
---traditional Italian saying
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Tanada » Tue 26 Sep 2017, 09:12:39

ROCKMAN wrote:Agent - "China's already made it clear they'll do what it takes to prevent regime change in NK." And why wouldn't China be glad to see a less hostile regime take control of NK? Right now NK is not much of trading partner compared to other countries. It certain doesn't care to see a US military build up in the region. And I doubt it welcomes Japan modifying its constitution allowing a switch to aggressor capabilities of its military from the strictly self defense structure it has had for decades.

I can't think of one positive aspect for China having Rocket Boy running NK.

Ah you are suffering from missing data. Almost half of the rare earth metals that China puts in products that it sells on the world market come from Chinese owned mines operated with cheap North Korean labor inside North Korea. They get these rare earth metals at a massive discount because North Korea is a captive exporter, they have nobody else to sell them to. With those cheap rare earth metals China keeps its massive advantage in a wide range of high tech exports from iPhones to the headset ear buds that go with them. All it cost China is to keep the Kim family in charge and happy enough. What it cost the average North Korean is something else entirely. But so long as Americans keep showing up for over priced and under used consumer goods full of rare earth metals and refuse to allow American companies to mine those same metals for 'environmental' concerns the situation will stay the way it is. It might be 50 years before our tech base moves to some alternate technology that doesn't use so much rare earth metal, or we might get some brains in Congress and remove the restrictions on mining them here, or I suppose the mines in North Korea might peak out before that. Until one of those three happen however China has no desire for regime change in North Korea. When things started heating up in this round N.K. stopped shipping out rare earths to China and within a few days they started making statements in support of Kim publicly. Then magically the 'transport problems' were cleared right up and the shipments resumed.

As investors and economists worry about global spillover effects on commodities by a slowing Chinese economy, one key resource is bubbling under the radar—stockpiles of rare earth metals in neighboring North Korea.

The category of minerals called rare earth is a misnomer. The chemical elements are available throughout the world, and have tongue-twisting names such as cerium and lanthanum. But rare earth minerals are key to everyday tech gadgets and growing innovations, such as smartphones, high definition TVs, hybrid cars, missiles—even the extraction of natural gas known as fracking.

Rare earth metals have had a low profile compared to other metals and commodities like crude oil. But more recently, demand for mobile technology, smartphones—and minerals needed to manufacture those goods—has been rising. China, meanwhile, is a leading producer and consumer of electronic goods. And Chinese leaders want to secure a steady supply of rare earth elements—including stockpiles in North Korea, which largely has been isolated for 60 years, and is being used in addition to its own vast supplies.

That North Korea even houses any strategic resource may be surprising. But underneath the barren landscape lies metric tons of valuable elements, desired by China and other tech-consuming nations.
I should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, design a building, write, balance accounts, build a wall, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, pitch manure, program a computer, cook, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Ibon » Tue 26 Sep 2017, 11:04:41

Tanada, the Chinese did the exact same thing supporting the military regime in Burma during decades as they exploited the gold mines, developed hydro electric projects and denuded vast forests in northern Burma (Mayanmar). This is a familiar strategy.

During the previous military regime, the ruling generals were tarnished by mounting human rights abuses. So, they made bargains for their security by allowing ravenous China into the country’s natural resources domain via badly unbalanced Memorandum of Understanding agreements. Actually, the generals scandalously exploit the country’s resources selling to China for their safety and continuation of power. They were safeguarded from domestic and international condemnations by China’s veto power in the UN Security Council.

https://www.mmbiztoday.com/articles/mya ... nipulation

China is the planets new global empire with an appetite for resources that is 1.5 billion strong.

The Great Biotic Exchange on STEROIDS.

While Trump postures and blusters with empty pockets the Chinese, flush with trade surpluses are quietly plowing and mowing down the planet.
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon

Unread postby Zarquon » Thu 28 Sep 2017, 00:02:21

Tanada wrote:
ROCKMAN wrote:I can't think of one positive aspect for China having Rocket Boy running NK.

Ah you are suffering from missing data. Almost half of the rare earth metals that China puts in products that it sells on the world market come from Chinese owned mines operated with cheap North Korean labor inside North Korea.

AFAIK the Chinese policy towards NK hasn't really changed since 1950: they don't particularly like the regime but if the alternatives are either collapse of NK and/or a potentially aggressive US empire on their doorstep, they prefer the status quo. All that predates rare earths or any other potential NK exports by decades.
Zarquon
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 28 Sep 2017, 02:55:28

North Korea is a non Event

Nobody could win a penny going to war with or against North Korea

Nor would KIM got to war.

Give them grain+ oil payed by South Korea so North Korean People could survive the winter.

Send some Trans Hures together with Dennis Rodmnn to Kim so he has some fun with his dig and not forced to mastrubate while starting rockets and come when his H bomb "explodes".....

Maybe Dennis is enough :twisted:

M_B_S

Music on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZkXmgUjOD0
M_B_S
Fission
Fission

American Kakistocracy

Unread postby vox_mundi » Tue 07 Nov 2017, 11:14:39

A kakistocracy (English pronunciation: /kækɪsˈtɑkɹəsi/) is a system of government which is run by the worst, least qualified, or most unscrupulous citizens. The word was coined as early as the 17th century. It was also used by English author Thomas Love Peacock in 1829, but gained significant usage in the 21st century.

American Kakistocracy

Kakistocracy is back, and we are experiencing it firsthand in America.

Kakistocracy is a term that was first used in the 17th century; derived from a Greek word, it means, literally, government by the worst and most unscrupulous people among us. More broadly, it can mean the most inept and cringeworthy kind of government.

... A competent and honest Congress would be all over these issues, with hearings and efforts to clean up the system. The number of hearings on any of these issues of absence of ethics, abuse of power, and misuse of taxpayer money: zero.

Awful as the grifterish mentality and behavior may be, worse is the other part of kakistocracy—inept, corrupt, and disruptive governance. Impulsive, stream-of-consciousness communications from the president by tweet are one thing. Examples like a budget that aims to knock out our weather satellites and cut our ability to respond to a pandemic, along with the Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) removing from its website information about the disastrous conditions in Puerto Rico while pumping up the good news, are another.

... Donald Trump campaigned by promising to run government like a business. Unfortunately, that business is Trump University. There are 602 key policy positions in the executive requiring Senate confirmation. Almost nine months into the Trump presidency, only 142—less than a quarter—have been filled, and nearly half, 289, have not even had a nominee chosen. ... A slew of key ambassadorships remain vacant, including sensitive spots like South Korea, Congo, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey and Venezuela[/b]—none of which even have a nominee!

... EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt has filled his schedule almost exclusively with meetings and fancy dinners with coal-mining and chemical companies and others EPA regulates—often followed by moves to deregulate them—while scheduling almost no meetings with environmental groups. Pruitt has also spent $25,000 in taxpayer money to put a soundproof phone booth in his office, raising red flags about why this was necessary.

Government Claims No Records System for Mar-a-Lago Visitors

There is no system for keeping track of Presidential visitors at Mar-a-Lago,” according to the government’s October 4, 2017, court filing in response to a National Security Archive Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit. The suit, Doyle v. DHS, brought together with the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University and the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), seeks the Secret Service's White House visitor logs covering Inauguration Day through March 8, along with Secret Service records of presidential visitors at other Trump properties.

The implication of the government’s latest claim that there is no system for tracking visitors outside of the White House complex is, as CREW’s director Noah Bookbinder notes:
“... everyone from lobbyists to foreign agents can buy secret access to the president – without accountability or even a simple record – by paying his personal business.”

Such an arrangement undercuts not only the mission of the Secret Service, but undermines key transparency laws. ...
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late.
vox_mundi
Fission
Fission

Re: Re: D. J. Trump Administration Geopolitics Pt. 2

Unread postby Cog » Tue 07 Nov 2017, 19:00:17

Oh-my-God Mar A Laro has no visitor logs. The world is ending. Where was the visitor log when Attorney General Lynch met former president Bill Clinton on an airport tarmac, while his wife Hillary was under federal investigation? The one the FBI denied having any knowledge about until their records were obtained under a FOIA. I guess that didn't matter because they were Democrats.

In three years you can vote for Hillary again Vox mundi.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Cog » Tue 07 Nov 2017, 23:17:22

Trump declares November 7th as a day of remembrance for the victims of communism. Can't wait for the MSM reaction to this one. Here you go.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of ... -communism

National Day for the Victims of Communism

Today, the National Day for the Victims of Communism, marks 100 years since the Bolshevik Revolution took place in Russia. The Bolshevik Revolution gave rise to the Soviet Union and its dark decades of oppressive communism, a political philosophy incompatible with liberty, prosperity, and the dignity of human life.

Over the past century, communist totalitarian regimes around the world have killed more than 100 million people and subjected countless more to exploitation, violence, and untold devastation. These movements, under the false pretense of liberation, systematically robbed innocent people of their God-given rights of free worship, freedom of association, and countless other rights we hold sacrosanct. Citizens yearning for freedom were subjugated by the state through the use of coercion, violence, and fear.

Today, we remember those who have died and all who continue to suffer under communism. In their memory and in honor of the indomitable spirit of those who have fought courageously to spread freedom and opportunity around the world, our Nation reaffirms its steadfast resolve to shine the light of liberty for all who yearn for a brighter, freer future.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby dissident » Wed 08 Nov 2017, 20:04:20

The Guardian and other western media are brow-beating Russia that it does not have enough respect for its Soviet past:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... -centenary

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/11 ... -sky-news/

The theme here is that Russia is always wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. This sort of revisionist shit makes me sick. Trotsky was a butcher and not some saint. The Red Terror during the civil war after the Bolshevik coup in 1917 was one of the most deprave events in human history.

http://russia-insider.com/en/bolshevik- ... dy/ri21396

I recall endless bleating in the western media about how Russia is not showing enough contrition for the crimes of the Soviet commies. F*ck you, blood libeler scum, Russians were the biggest victims in absolute numbers and per capita in the USSR. Now that we have:

http://russia-insider.com/en/putin-unve ... ms/ri21453

Russians are now supposedly not showing enough respect to the commies. What is that you want, you depraved western media whores.

http://www.pravmir.com/moscow-authoriti ... -lubyanka/
https://intmassmedia.com/2017/05/29/the ... n-russian/
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Thu 09 Nov 2017, 02:49:38

Cog wrote:Trump declares November 7th as a day of remembrance for the victims of communism. Can't wait for the MSM reaction to this one.

Never even heard about it. :lol:

I guess because I don't watch Faux News.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Fusion
Fusion

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics