Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Every major monthly US government economic report

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: Every major monthly US government economic report

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 13:15:31

it is noteworthy that the linked article refers to the fact that it is scorned by Economists. Those same who work under the umbrella of Corporations, Universities and Government who are NOT interested in the truth coming out of how dire our situation is so as to not fan the flames of change and disintegration. But then you Rockdoc are a creature who comes from the bowels of these orthdox institutions and those same allowed you to make a good living for many years and not surprising then you vouch for the authenticity of their claims.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 13:26:13

OK: the economic indicators put out by various sources are not correct. And those sources have been doing this for a very long time. So the situation has been this bad for decades.

OK then: we're still here trying to carry on BAU. IOW the economic situation, as unimproved as it might be, has carried us forward for a longtime.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby marmico » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 13:47:46

Says the august Mr. Marmico, who knows little about little :lol:

You are a fookenstoopidretard ETP Bozo Club clown.

The shadowstat bozos can keep a straight face and unconditionally believe that the purchasing power of median household income has declined by 75% since Nixon was elected in 1967.
marmico
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 14:09:39

marmico wrote:The shadowstat bozos can keep a straight face and unconditionally believe that the purchasing power of median household income has declined by 75% since Nixon was elected in 1967.

Yup. And discuss it on their powerful smart phones, fancy tablet computers, very cheap and powerful modern Windows laptops, etc. And drive home in their more powerful, more reliable, much fully featured cars which can be had for a little over $20,000 if they dicker a bit. (My 2017 Camry SE which has everything I want including a tilt/sliding sunroof cost me only $21,000. I probably chose too high an initial offer since the dealer took it via email in a couple of hours, but I was pretty happy about getting 20 percent off without having to even go to the dealer). Or that the value of their home, in real dollars, has on average, held up just fine over 50 years if it has been properly maintained.

So when you consider the quality and efficiency and choice and comfort of what you can have in the US for X$, yeah, it doesn't take a genius or even an economics expert to see that cumulatively, Shadowstats is WAY off.

But don't take my word for it. The excellent book, "Myths of Rich and Poor in America" has this concept well documented by a couple of economists, as of 2000. Lots of good examples and statistics.

https://www.amazon.com/Myths-Rich-Poor- ... 0465047831

Of course, if the meme is economic doom no matter what the facts -- data and logic are discarded if they don't fit the meme. So Shadowstats, ETP, etc. says what the doomers want to hear, and thus their popularity -- despite the evidence on the ground.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 14:46:13

But then you Rockdoc are a creature who comes from the bowels of these orthdox institutions and those same allowed you to make a good living for many years and not surprising then you vouch for the authenticity of their claims

Sorry I didn't come from the "bowels of othdox institutions" whatever that is supposed to mean. Whatever my background is what I do have is an education that is well founded in the maths with an ability to read critically and a lot of experience in business analysis. That is pretty much all you need to understand who is closer to the truth on these matters.Whether I am wealthy or a pauper it doesn't change that analysis.

You don't like Economists because you think they are "the man" who have been plotting to hold you down. This strikes me as the general complaint amongst a lot of people who find themselves not having done OK for themselves and then needing to find someone to blame. It's the fault of the banks, big oil, climate deniers and now economists according to that cry.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance