Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE Saudi Arabia Thread pt 6

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: What is happening in KSA

Unread postby Cog » Thu 22 Jun 2017, 17:01:08

If it makes the price of oil go up its a win for me.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby evilgenius » Sat 24 Jun 2017, 12:39:57

I've been wondering about this too, right smack in the middle of this thing with Qatar. The call for support requires choosing sides. The needed rhetoric has made the choosing rather monolithic. Those who feel truly wronged don't have a place to go, except into the other side's camp.
evilgenius
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 24 Jun 2017, 12:46:14

dirtyharry wrote:What is happening in KSA ? Any POV ? Is it trouble ?

They are quite unhappy at having lost control of the oil market because of an oil producing resurgence in the worst place possible for them....one of, if not the best, cut throat free oil markets on the planet. AMERICUH!!!!!
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: THE Saudi Arabia Thread pt 5 (merged)

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 21 Oct 2017, 10:57:02

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... k-for-2018
Saudi Oil Minister Says Full Aramco IPO Is on Track for 2018
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Tanada » Fri 27 Oct 2017, 10:24:07

KSA is about to begin building a new city intended as an international business and tourist destination. It is called the NEOM project and will be located along the Gulf of Aquaba, the waterway that separates the Sinai Peninsula from Jordon and Saudi Arabia. Because Jordon owns a lot of the territory along with KSA it is being promoted as a 'joint' project, but Jordon is not a wealthy country. Just across the water is Egypt which is also a 'joint partner' in the project because of the likelihood that if things go well there will be spill over development in the Sinai which belongs to Egypt.

Unlike the bulk of KSA this far north west corner is relatively cool because it is both mountainous and close to the Mediterranean Sea which creates a maritime climate effect. Cloud cover is rare and winds are constant so they are promoting the 'city of the future' will be electrically powered by solar PV and Wind Turbines.

If you wanted to know where the IPO stock money from the international buy in to Aramaco was headed this is an excellent candidate.

FAQ pdf

Saudi Arabia is the world’s largest oil exporter, but falling oil prices have made it more difficult for the country to pay its oil workers.

Now the Saudi Arabian government has come up with a project that could give its economy a boost: a $500 billion mega-city that will connect to Jordan and Egypt and be powered completely by renewable energy.

On Tuesday, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman announced the project, called NEOM, at the Future Investment Initiative conference in Riyadh. It will be financed by the Saudi government and private investors, according to Reuters.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Saudi Capital Riad under Jemen Burkan2 missile strike

Unread postby M_B_S » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 04:09:33

A spokesperson for the Ansar Allah-allied Yemeni Armed Forces confirmed that a ballistic missile aimed at the King Khalid international airport in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, was launched by the army, Saturday.

The missile was reportedly intercepted by Saudi authorities and did not cause any major damage, although a large explosion was heard forcing the airport to be evacuated.

“Our Yemeni forces succeeded in launching a missile, a Borkan H2 long distance missile, at the King Khalid international airport in north eastern Riyadh which was in response to the massacres committed by the US-Saudi coalition in Yemen. This comes in order to even out power between the coalition and Yemen, who have been attempting to fight more than one country in the past three years,” explained the Houthi spokesperson, Colonel Aziz Rashed, who was speaking from Sana’a.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/ex ... di-arabia/

Yep bring the war to the enemy.

But it would be more effectiv to attack vital Saudi Oil installations to bring the enemy to its knees.

Aramco wants to make the Saltwater in Ghawar to money ..... :twisted: :badgrin:
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 04:25:09

I just found out my relatives in Saudi haven't been paid for 4 months. Their pay is a pittance anyway, but not to them. They are working as foreign contractors for Saudi Aramco, & are effectively held for ransom- can't get their passports back unless they buy out the remainder of their contracts. They have been threatened not to tell anyone, especially not media or their own government, or risk being imprisoned.

About time someone bombed KSA.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Cog » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 07:16:25

It is in the USA's strategic interest that Iran and their puppet state in Yemen do not prevail. Iran is an exporter of terrorism through Hamas and Hezbollah. The sooner we reinstall sanctions on Iran the better.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 08:21:56

Hamas & Hezbollah are at the lowest end of the exporters of Islamic terrorism. KSA is right up top, seed tree for Salafism, mother of IS. Trump decided to talk up the crap, doesn't make it true.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Cog » Sun 05 Nov 2017, 08:46:52

A nuclear armed Iran is an existential threat to the USA and the West. The sooner they are defanged the better for regional stability. Major changes are underway in Saudi Arabia.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Saudi Arabia is building a $7 billion city on the sand — her

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 23:43:10

Knowledge Economic City Company Saudi Arabia is the world's largest oil exporter, but falling oil prices have hurt the economy and made it harder for the country to pay its oil workers. To give its economy a boost, the Saudi Arabian government has been working in recent years to transform hundreds of square miles of desert into new cities that create jobs and diversify the economy away from crude oil. One of the developments under construction is the Knowledge Economic City, set to be complete by 2020. Take a look at the master plan below. View As: One Page Slides Saudi Arabia is building the Knowledge Economic City in Medina, located 60 miles from the Red Sea coast. Knowledge Economic City Company Amr Dabbagh, Governor of the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority, announced the project in 2006. Source: The Knowledge Economic City Company The$7 billion development will measure 51.6 million square feet when complete. Knowledge Economic City Company The city's master plan calls for retail,

Saudi Arabia is building a $7 billion city on the sand — here’s what it will look like
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Saudi Banks Begin Freezing Accounts Of Arrested Royals, Priv

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 23:47:30

Two days after the most stunning purge in recent Saudi history, the so-called "anti-corruption probe" - which was really a countercoup - that led to the arrest of dozens of Saudi Arabian royals, ministers and businessmen allowing Mohammed to further cement control over the Kingdom, appeared to be widening on Monday when, as Reuters reports, Saudi banks begun freezing the accounts of those arrested. The Saudi central bank ordered commercial banks to freeze the accounts of people under investigation in the probe, the Reuters sources said, adding that the number of accounts affected could run into the hundreds, although the names of those affected have yet to emerge. “The freezing of accounts has already happened,” said another source. “The freezing is a precautionary measure that will end as soon as the suspects are either charged or pronounced innocent.” Considering that prince

Saudi Banks Begin Freezing Accounts Of Arrested Royals, Private Jets Grounded

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Saudi Arabia Says Lebanon Declared War

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 23:50:08

As expected, Saudi Arabia has cast itself as the victim of external Shia plotting after its internal weekend of chaos which included a missile attack from Yemen, the deaths of two princes and other high officials within a mere 24 hours, and an aggressive crackdown against dissent in the royal family which saw close to a dozen princes placed under house arrest. And as Al Jazeera noted, in this Saudi version of 'Game of Thrones', the 32-year-old Mohammed Bin Salman (MBS) shows that he is willing to throw the entire region into jeopardy to wear the royal gown. While Saudi Arabia has long blamed Iran for sowing unrest in the region, this evening's declaration by Saudi Gulf affairs minister Thamer al-Sabhan that Lebanon has "declared war" against the kingdom is truly an historic first. But perhaps the biggest problem is that international media is currently uncritically .

Saudi Arabia Says Lebanon Declared War

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Saudi Banks Begin Freezing Accounts Of Arrested Royals,

Unread postby Plantagenet » Mon 06 Nov 2017, 23:57:25

Prince Muhammad is taking steps to solidify his control of the Kingdom before he actually becomes King. This is something we've never seen before---a young, activist ruler of Saudi Arabia who is clamping down on the royal Princes within Saudi while simultaneously pushing Saudi Arabia into more active positions in the international arena, including ratcheting up the conflict with Iran.

He who would be King
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Revi » Tue 07 Nov 2017, 09:53:00

They are doing a nice job of boosting the oil price. They have Opec Basket prices up over $59 already, so expect more purges until the price stays over $60!
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cog » Tue 07 Nov 2017, 10:44:09

The Saudi's are doing this on purpose to make the ETP modelers look bad. LOL
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Revi » Tue 07 Nov 2017, 16:10:54

Possibly Cog! However the price is now down a bit from yesterday. I think it will settle back into a range around $55, before dropping lower next year. Of course I have dropped out of my second place as a result of this in the Oil Price Challenge. C'est la vie! Here's an article from Oil Price about the price drop. Interesting that they list all sorts of different prices now. WTI is selling for a lot less than Brent. Didn't it used to be the other way around?

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/D ... Purge.html
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

The Inside Story Of The Saudi Night Of The Long Knives

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 08 Nov 2017, 00:44:15

Princes, ministers and a billionaire are 'imprisoned' in the Riyadh Ritz-Carlton while the Saudi Arabian Army is said to be in an uproar... The House of Saud’s King Salman devises a high-powered “anti-corruption” commission and appoints his son, Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman, a.k.a. MBS, as chairman. Right on cue, the commission detains 11 House of Saud princes, four current ministers and dozens of former princes/cabinet secretaries – all charged with corruption. Hefty bank accounts are frozen, private jets are grounded. The high-profile accused lot is “jailed” at the Riyadh Ritz-Carlton. War breaks out within the House of Saud, as Asia Times had anticipated back in July. Rumors have been swirling for months about a coup against MBS in the making. Instead, what just happened is yet another MBS pre-emptive coup. A top Middle East business/investment source who has been doing deals for

The Inside Story Of The Saudi Night Of The Long Knives

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Crude: The Saudi shake down

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 08 Nov 2017, 00:46:08

It seems the move by Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman to arrest members of the royal family and their business associates in a corruption crackdown is proving to be wildly popular among the Saudis young population. Yet, at the same time, it is adding a new sense of an oil price risk against a backdrop of a tighten global petroleum market. Most Saudi citizens are in their 30’s and have grown to be upset with the lavish lifestyles of the multitudes of royal family members and cousins while they struggle to make ends meet. The move by bin Salman to purge and drain the Saudi swamp is playing well at home even as it raises fears internationally of a potentially unstable Saudi Arabia, a long time American ally. It also raises concerns about a more aggressive Saudi Foreign policy that

Crude: The Saudi shake down

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Crude: The Saudi shake down

Unread postby Cog » Wed 08 Nov 2017, 08:14:17

It would not surprise me at all if Trump were involved in this latest action. Salman has received the assurances he needs from the USA that we have his back.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to Asia Discussion