Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Will The Third Great Energy Revolution End The Oil & Gas Ind

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Will The Third Great Energy Revolution End The Oil & Gas Ind

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 04 Nov 2017, 19:31:19

The history of crude oil and natural gas is a history of technological innovation. Until recently the innovation supported crude oil and natural gas. Now, it challenges it, causing structural changes in the crude oil and natural gas markets. Originally, crude oil was only used for lighting. This changed following the invention of the internal combustion engine, which outperformed steam engine in power, range and ease of operation and maintenance, and the invention of the conveyor belt, which made it possible to mass-produce the internal combustion engine at a price which was affordable to the masses. Not much later, crude oil became the transportation fuel of choice. The horse drawn carriage was replaced by the car; the locomotive by the diesel train; the steamship by the motor vessel; and the zeppelin by the airplane. For a long time, natural gas was

Will The Third Great Energy Revolution End The Oil & Gas Industry?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to Energy Technology