Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Globalists Want To Cull 90% Of World’s Population

Re: Peak Oil + Peak Phosphorous = Peak Population

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Tue 10 Feb 2015, 03:54:48

My bird bath gives me free entertainment and free phosphate
Small bath in front of the window, over 20 species of birds and quite few insects regularly visit.
More exciting than TV and free.
They come, they bathe, they drink, they poop phosphate.
The splashing waters the mint underneath and I share out the free phosphate rich manure amongst all my potted herbs.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby careinke » Tue 10 Feb 2015, 05:28:20

Shaved Monkey wrote:The free way to introduce all the good stuff into your soil is compost tea.
"Compost tea is a liquid produced by extracting bacteria, fungi, protozoa and nematodes from compost." (for Australians a hand full of bush turkey nest will give you all the fungi you need.)
All you need is a bag a bucket, some compost, some water and a cheap aerator

I run a 32 gallon active air compost tea producer during the warmer months.

My "formula" is a hand full of the following: garden soil, forest soil, mature compost all put into a 1 gallon paint strainer bag which I suspend in the barrel. then I add about 2 oz of no sulfur molasses and a gallon of worm tea to the barrel. fill the rest of the barrel with water and aerate for 24-36 hours. Take it and dump it on the gardens around trees etc. It can go on straight or I will dilute it 10 to 1 or so. You should use it immediately after the pump is turned off as the organisms will start dying shortly after taking away the aeration.

I can't seem to find it, but somewhere I heard or read, that after a time you can reduce the amount of tea you need. Supposedly as the soil builds up it microorganisms, you can reduce your compost tea. The justification was the soil organisms will eventually reach a stable population and any addition would just be redundant. I have yet to test this myself.

I produce a lot of worm tea from kitchen scraps. My worm bed is a 1912 cast Iron bathtub. I put a screen over the drain, raised the tub and placed a two gallon container under the tub drain. Every day I get worm tea which I can use diluted or staight, plus of course my active air compost tea.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Myths about human population...

Unread postby joyfulbozo » Fri 27 Feb 2015, 05:27:10

I like to have more kids around me even if its bit costly to raise them.
joyfulbozo
Wood
Wood

Re: Myths about human population...

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Fri 27 Feb 2015, 07:51:12

8) One or two kids are not hard to raise just expensive. It's that 0.4 kid that is the hard one. They misbehave all the time and when you get them almost grown up their out driving drunk or joining the army getting themselves killed before they procreate.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby vox_mundi » Tue 05 May 2015, 13:46:58

Fungi enhances crop roots and could be a future 'bio-fertilizer'

New research has found that the interaction of roots with a common soil fungus changes the genetic expression of rice crops—triggering additional root growth that enables the plant to absorb more nutrients.

In addition to causing extra root growth, the mycorrhizal fungus also enmeshes itself within crop roots at a cellular level—blooming within individual plant cells. The fungus grows thin tendrils called hyphae that extend into surrounding soil and pump nutrients, phosphate in particular, straight into the heart of plant cells.

Plants 'colonised' by the fungi get between 70 to 100% of their phosphate directly from these fungus tendrils, an enormous mineral boost which may eventually mitigate the need for farmers to saturate crop fields with phosphate fertiliser to ensure maximum yield

The main hurdle for researchers to overcome is the self-regulation of plants, which means the fungi cannot be tested on an industrial scale alongside traditional fertiliser.

"Plants monitor their own nutritional state. If a plant has enough phosphate it will not allow fungus to enter root - so at the moment it's one or the other.

A model approach for sustainable phosphorus recovery from wastewater

Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTPs) in many cities are currently implementing methods to extract phosphorus before discharging wastewater into the environment. There are two main types of phosphorus recovery methods: chemical and biological.

In the chemical method, WWTP treat phosphorus dissolved in wastewater. The phosphorus then falls out of solution for easier removal. In the biological method, bacteria introduced into the water collect the phosphorus into removable sludge. A variation includes enhanced biological phosphorus removal (EBPR). This method selectively encourages bacteria that can accumulate phosphorus.

Halden and Venkatesan's study focused on a combination approach. First, EBPR concentrated phosphorus in sludge. Next, chemical treatment helped phosphorus fall out to form struvite, a usable phosphate mineral. The study showed that a typical WWTP could reclaim approximately 490 tons of phosphorus in the form of struvite each year.

Reclaimed phosphorus pays off for the environment with less mining for phosphorus and improved surface water health. phosphorus recovered as struvite can also generate income. The team estimates that the WWTP used in their case study could generate $150,000 in annual revenue from this two-pronged approach. A plant with existing EBFR facilities can recoup the initial expenses in as little as 3 years.
“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.” ― Leonardo da Vinci

Insensible before the wave so soon released by callous fate. Affected most, they understand the least, and understanding, when it comes, invariably arrives too late.
vox_mundi
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby sparky » Wed 06 May 2015, 07:19:22

most of the phosphorus recycled , either from humans or animals are because there is a lot of it being thrown around
by humans , pretty soon when the supply decrease , the wastage quantities will decrease too
crops can grow in a reasonably sustainable manner with VERY careful husbandry , but production does drop by 80%
less people , less wastes , less production , less people , welcome to the food vicious circle
same ,same for those biological cycles supplies ,
the overall quantities available decrease so every system is being squeezed and release even less
the ultimate source as as always been the case is sea water where everything eventually end
that mean fish bones , sea birds droppings , salmon run for a few lucky locations and kelp
let me tell you that is not going to feed too many million people city
as of today there is a bit less than four hundred cities with more than 1 millions inhabitants
the largest mega cities with more than ten millions are death traps
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

What a lot of people don't understand about population

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sun 05 Jul 2015, 14:14:02

The carrying capacity of an environment has nothing to do with how much space there is for individual members of a species. Even if you live in a country that is not overcrowded, that does not mean the country is not overpopulated. Overpopulation has NOTHING to do with how overcrowded a country is.

The truth is China, for example, while it is not overcrowded, is overpopulated. China has about 1.4 billion people, and about 9.6 million square kilometers. So there is about 143 people living in per square kilometer of China. If you do the math, that means each person in China gets about 83 by 83 square meters of space.

How did I figure that out? 1 square kilometer has 1,000,000 square meters because 1000 x 1000 (meters) = 1,000,000 square meters. Divide 1,000,000 square meters per square kilometer by 143 people per square kilometer you get 6993 square meters per person in China. Then take the square root of 6993 square meters to get 83.6 by 83.6 square meters per person. A 83.6 by 83.6 square meters of space seems like a lot of space.

Even though China still has plenty of space for its inhabitants, why is China considered overpopulated? It is because the resources in China are being overused and over-exploited because too many people are using the resources in China. For example, rare earth elements are being over-exploited and overused in China, and we are quickly running out of rare earth elements (which are mostly mined in China).

According to Paul Ehriich, Australia is already overpopulated even though there is plenty of space in Australia. The reason it is overpopulated is because there aren't enough resources in Australia to sustain a population that's any bigger than what it currently has.

Some people that argue that overpopulation is a myth say that the reason the Earth isn't overpopulated is because there is plenty of space on the Earth. They say that the entire population of the Earth can comfortably fit inside of the state of Texas, so the world is not overpopulated. But these people don't understand what it means to have a specie's population in overshoot. A species population is in overshoot when there isn't enough resources to sustain the population. For example, we are already running out of key resources such as rare earth elements, iron, various metal ores, trees, fish, fresh water and other essential raw materials that are essential for industrial civilization.

The USA, according to ecologist Paul Ehriich, is the most overpopulated nation in the world. He is correct because the USA consumes more resources than any other country in the world. Overpopulation has nothing to do with how much space there is. Overpopulation has everything to do with how much resources are available to you. And since it is obvious we are facing a peak everything crisis, where every resource is being overexploited and running out of, we are overpopulated because there isn't enough resources to sustain the current population. I believe the biggest problem we are facing is that most humans don't know how to sustainably use the resources nature/God gives to them. God or whatever gave us a limited amount of resources, and we need to wisely use these resources. We should never overexploit and overuse any natural resource.

That's just my quick rant on human population dynamics. Overpopulation has everything to do with how much resources are available at our disposal, and NOT how much space there is available.
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: What a lot of people don't understand about population

Unread postby Peak_Yeast » Sun 05 Jul 2015, 16:45:10

I think it sounds like crazily little compared to what would make me comfortable that there was space for other animals, desert, mountains, swamps, living space, failed crops and retrieval of water.
"If democracy is the least bad form of government - then why dont we try it for real?"
Peak_Yeast
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby DesuMaiden » Sun 05 Jul 2015, 17:20:13

Peak_Yeast wrote:I think it sounds like crazily little compared to what would make me comfortable that there was space for other animals, desert, mountains, swamps, living space, failed crops and retrieval of water.

Please elaborate on what you mean because I don't understand what you are saying.
History repeats itself. Just everytime with different characters and players.
DesuMaiden
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby ennui2 » Sun 05 Jul 2015, 23:25:09

Preaching to the converted. We've heard all the arguments about how we can pack all of humanity into a tiny area, but their footprint would extend much farther. There ARE those who think that densification like this is better for the environment, by virtue of razing the exurbs and turning them back into farmland. The problem is that the farmland will then be handled the same way it is already, which still displaces native species and eventually destroys the soil.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Mon 20 Jul 2015, 11:58:13

Abandoned Homes Haunt Japanese Neighborhoods
Population decline in Japan is so serious that parts of the country may be ghost towns in less than 20 years.
More than 8 million homes are already empty, and that number may reach 21.5 million by 2033, or about one-third of the nation's housing stock, Nomura Research Institute forecasts.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Globalists Want To Cull 90% Of World’s Population

Unread postby AdamB » Wed 18 Oct 2017, 23:17:25

Alex Jones breaks down the Globalists plan to cull, or selectively slaughter, 90% of the world's population in an attempt to cleanse the genetic makeup of human beings across the planet.

Globalists want to cull 90% of World's Population
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Globalists Want To Cull 90% Of World’s Population

Unread postby yellowcanoe » Thu 19 Oct 2017, 06:53:50

First time I've ever heard of "Globalists" who want to cull 90% of World's population. Assuming they actually exist, they are of course vastly outnumbered by those who don't see a problem with adding another 80 million people to this planet every year.
"new housing construction" is spelled h-a-b-i-t-a-t d-e-s-t-r-u-c-t-i-o-n.
yellowcanoe
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Cog » Thu 19 Oct 2017, 08:27:19

We have people right here on this board that want to kill off 90% of humanity. No need to go looking for them outside.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby asg70 » Thu 19 Oct 2017, 09:35:07

Adam, I appreciate you starting new threads but it would help if you offered your opinion as well. Are you posting this to mock or support Alex Jones, a known paranoid conspiracy theorist?

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby GHung » Thu 19 Oct 2017, 09:41:31

A new thread based on something Alex Jones dreamed up? Really? While we're at it, I'm doing a crowd-funding scheme for my new perpetual motion free energy machine. Leave me a PM if you want in on the ground floor. You'll get rich. I swear it!
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Revi » Thu 19 Oct 2017, 11:01:43

I don't think it's a plan. It's more like an unfortunate result of their policies.
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 19 Oct 2017, 11:31:51

yellowcanoe wrote:First time I've ever heard of "Globalists" who want to cull 90% of World's population. Assuming they actually exist, they are of course vastly outnumbered by those who don't see a problem with adding another 80 million people to this planet every year.

The day we should start worrying about what Alex Jones says is the day we should start believing in a whole HORDE of unsupported conspiracy theories, and in rapid economic doom from peak oil.

Not to mention that at least 99% of people just want to live their natural life span, at least until disease has clearly won, and will tend to rather strongly resist people who try to impose such culling efforts toward them or their families.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Cliffhanger1983 » Thu 19 Oct 2017, 11:37:16

AdamB wrote:

Alex Jones breaks down the Globalists plan to cull, or selectively slaughter, 90% of the world's population in an attempt to cleanse the genetic makeup of human beings across the planet.

Globalists want to cull 90% of World's Population

Adam you are the dumbest person I have ever seen online ever. Please seek some medical help if not for your own sake do it for your families.
Dennis Meadows "There's Nothing We Can Do"
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2013/04/dennis-meadows-there-is-nothing-that-we-can-do/
Cliffhanger1983
Permanently Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate