Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Peak Oil.. Who are you to say?

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Peak Oil.. Who are you to say?

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 06 Oct 2017, 13:53:02

pstarr wrote:So are any of you willing to deny that upwards of dozens of chemicals are introduced into the tight-shale structure before the petroleum is removed?

Sure. I'll deny it. Could even give you the permit number for the shale well that came in natural while drilling, no introduction of chemicals needed, no completion, just dropped in a tubing string and produced it that way. For 2 decades.

You really should demand your money back, for what they did to you at the Stoner Instructional Complex. (pic provided on request).

Rockman has you pegged.

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 06 Oct 2017, 13:56:21

pstarr wrote:Old definitions, new expensive technology that cost $70/barrel in an economic regime that only supports $50 barrel. I'd call that Quaternary :)

Doesn't matter what you call it.

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Revi » Thu 12 Oct 2017, 09:01:06

They are calling next year the peak of US shale oil. We may end up with a secondary peak. Maybe we will pull another rabbit out of the hat, but I doubt it.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/W ... -2018.html
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 12 Oct 2017, 10:34:46

Revi wrote:They are calling next year the peak of US shale oil. We may end up with a secondary peak. Maybe we will pull another rabbit out of the hat, but I doubt it.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/W ... -2018.html

1) Shale production wasn't supposed to exist according to peakers who know nothing about geology, even though posters at this site knew about it.

2) It wasn't supposed to amount to much once it did exist, according to the likes of blogging experts like Berman.

3) The EIA was blasted for proclaiming it would make so much, by the same people who did 1) and 2).

4) Turns out, the EIA consistently underestimated the entire thing through at least 2016, and those involved in 1) and 2) who then chimed in on 3) turned out to be the usual suspects, i.e. those who know nothing about resource economics.

5) Your reference doesn't even recognize the sine wave of oil production, here, or in the world at large, even though it is now obvious that is exactly the pattern that has to be accounted for, and;

6) Thank GOD we have real energy experts in this country to discuss this stuff, because reporters appear to know as little about energy economics as peakers sometimes.

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 12 Oct 2017, 13:42:25

Revi = "We may end up with a secondary peak". Sure, why not? Maybe even a 3rd, 4th or even 5th peak eventually, And thus the nature of a plateau. No different then any other trend has experienced. And, just like those other trends, peaks tend to develop when prices are high and valleys when they are low. And just like every other trend developed as the better locations are drilled future locations will require higher oil prices to reach the economic threshold. In essence predicting future shale production peaks is essentially the same as predicting future oil prices,
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion