Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Will the "North" shoot on Climate Refugees soon?!

Re: Will the "North" shoot on Climate Refugees soon?!

Unread postby Cog » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 07:26:17

Kill every single one of them. They are not refugees, they are former and future terrorists.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 07:47:06

Cog wrote:Kill every single one of them. They are not refugees, they are former and future terrorists.

I hope we haven't sunk to that level of barbarity as of yet. We may be pushed to that at sometime in the future but it is not something to look forward to.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby onlooker » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 08:12:14

Though I echo your sentiments V, I also see realism in what Cog is saying. If it comes to that, to life boat ethics, one should align with one's tribe and family over some strangers or foreigners.
“"If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money"”
onlooker
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Newfie » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 10:50:59

Cog,
You are just so CUDDLY!

I wasn't passing judgement, just noting the facts. Refuge vs terrorist is a subjective assessment.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dolanbaker » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 11:10:49

vtsnowedin wrote:
Cog wrote:Kill every single one of them. They are not refugees, they are former and future terrorists.

I hope we haven't sunk to that level of barbarity as of yet. We may be pushed to that at sometime in the future but it is not something to look forward to.

The point is that these people are the very same ones who are trying to set up the IS in the first place, left to their own devices, what is the chances of them trying again after they have regrouped elsewhere.

At the absolute least they should be in an internment camp!
Ronald Coase, Nobel Economic Sciences, said in 1991 “If we torture the data long enough, it will confess.”
dolanbaker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby dohboi » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 14:19:26

Mostly "these people" are the ones fleeing the violence and the economic disruptions that it causes. Most despise any from their countries that would bring the very violence they are fleeing to their new countries.

I do wonder how many recent immigrants cog and dolan know, and whether they themselves have ancestors who were immigrants.

I live in a neighborhood that has the highest percentage of Somali and East African refugees in the US, and I have zero fear of them doing anything like terrorism in my 'hood...I'm much more frightened of white suburban trump supporters and other racists coming in and committing acts of terror, as they have already.

And it is a well established fact that the kind of hate on display here directly aids and abets the goals of the actual terrorists, both Anglo and Muslim and other...good work boys! :twisted:
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby dolanbaker » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 14:34:21

This particular group of people, are the remnants of an IS army and their families, an army that could potentially reset and go on the attack if allowed to do so. This strand (of the thread) of the discussion is about fleeing IS terrorists.
Ronald Coase, Nobel Economic Sciences, said in 1991 “If we torture the data long enough, it will confess.”
dolanbaker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby dohboi » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 14:43:06

Ah, I didn't see that Newf article on the last page.

Still, I bet the vast majority would be happy to put the war and conflict behind them.

I serve a former general from the Somali army every day. I have zero fear of him.

But I guess some people are more full of fear than others.

That's where most hate comes from, after all.
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby dolanbaker » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 15:01:16

dohboi wrote:Ah, I didn't see that Newf article on the last page.

Still, I bet the vast majority would be happy to put the war and conflict behind them.

I serve a former general from the Somali army every day. I have zero fear of him.

But I guess some people are more full of fear than others.

That's where most hate comes from, after all.

These "refugees" have been given free passage out of an IS enclave, there is a real risk that they will regroup. Your Somali general has left it all behind, that is where there is a big difference.
dolanbaker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 15:56:21

These ISIS fighters and family were given free passage out of Syria by Assad, but Iraq and the USA do not want them going back into Iraq for obvious reasons. The Iraqi's just finished wiping ISIS out of their major cities.

I'll be merciful here, although ISIS deserves none. Give them 24 hours to surrender and if they do not sent them all to paradise. Its what they live for anyway.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby dissident » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 20:08:05

It is rather clear that SAA is doing most of the fighting against Daesh. The SDF, YPG, etc zone has seen basically zero front line movement. If Syria's government decides to deal with Daesh militants to move them to the Daesh controlled zone, then that is its prerogative and the US has zero say in the matter. The US is an invader force in Syria and all the posing about fighting Daesh has been a grotesque farce since day one. Like the BS excuse that the massive Daesh oil convoys were not bombed to save the environment. Yeah, right, after Pancevo like the US has any credibility when it comes to bombing oil tanks.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 02 Sep 2017, 21:39:27

When you are the dominant military in the area, that is all the say-so you need. The USA doesn't particularly care where they go, as long as it isn't Iraq. The US military has already destroyed the convoy's accompanying armored vehicles. So yeah we are going to make this Syria's problem because it is.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Sys1 » Sun 03 Sep 2017, 05:18:39

I'm ok with killing climate refugees as lons as I won't be a refugee myself. :twisted:
Sys1
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby dohboi » Sun 03 Sep 2017, 10:50:19

Nicely put!!
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Plantagenet » Sun 03 Sep 2017, 11:15:21

Sys1 wrote:I'm ok with killing climate refugees as lons as I won't be a refugee myself. :twisted:

Me too. But there is no need to do that.

Australia shows you don't have to shoot climate refugees to maintain control of your borders. All you have to do is deter the refugees by sending those you rescue back to their source country or to a third country rather than bringing them back to Australia and letting them go. Australia picks up refugees and sends them to camps away from Australia. The result is that fewer refugees attempt the crossing, and fewer deaths at sea occur.

In contrast, by rescuing the refugees and then transporting them to Greece, Italy and Spain and then releasing them, the EU is HELPING the traffickers. Now, rather then having to provide boats capable of crossing the Mediterranean, all the traffickers have to do is stick refugees on small flimsy rafts because the refugees know that the Italian coast guard or other boat will rescue them and take them the rest of the way to Italy, and then release them onto the streets.

Obama did the same thing here in the US---the border patrol essentially became a "rescue" agency, to the point that people would turn themselves in immediately upon crossing the border, knowing that they would be taken to a nice facility with showers and hot food and lawyers and then released onto the streets of the USA.

The USA and EU are partly responsible for creating their own problems by assisting the traffickers in getting climate refugees into Europe and the USA.

IMHO the USA and EU should immediately adopt Australia's program and send illegal immigrants quickly back to their home countries immediately.

Cheers!

"Its a brave new world"
---President Obama, 4/25/16
"Il bel far niente"
---traditional Italian saying
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 07 Sep 2017, 12:24:57

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/06/asia/ ... index.html

Landmines placed in the path of Rohingya refugees on Myanmar border...

Bangladesh summoned the Myanmar ambassador Wednesday to urge an end to the violence that has engulfed the region and to raise concerns about reports of landmines being laid along the border between the two countries.

At least 164,000 ethnic Rohingya Muslims have fled to Bangladesh from Myanmar since August 25, according to the Inter Sector Coordination Group (ISCG) of humanitarian agencies in Bangladesh. The United Nations expects that number to jump to 300,000 by the end of the year....

Bangladesh is flooded ......and hungry + over populated. :arrow: :!:
I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.

M_B_S
M_B_S
Fission
Fission

Unread postby EdwinSm » Thu 07 Sep 2017, 12:51:59

Will people in Georgia start shooting those fleeing Florida to escape Hurricane Irma?

I am sure that they will count as 'Climate Refugees', and Georgia is to the north of Florida.
EdwinSm
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby GHung » Thu 07 Sep 2017, 13:01:45

Nah. Every time Floridians flee to Georgia, they spend lots of money. Atlanta TV news reporting that virtually all hotel/motel rooms in the area are booked and restaurants are staffing up for the weekend.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 07 Sep 2017, 13:49:26

M_B_S wrote:http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/06/asia/landmines-rohingya-myanmar/index.html

Landmines placed in the path of Rohingya refugees on Myanmar border...

Bangladesh summoned the Myanmar ambassador Wednesday to urge an end to the violence that has engulfed the region and to raise concerns about reports of landmines being laid along the border between the two countries.

At least 164,000 ethnic Rohingya Muslims have fled to Bangladesh from Myanmar since August 25, according to the Inter Sector Coordination Group (ISCG) of humanitarian agencies in Bangladesh. The United Nations expects that number to jump to 300,000 by the end of the year....

Bangladesh is flooded ......and hungry + over populated. :arrow: :!:

Damn blood thirsty budist!
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby dolanbaker » Thu 07 Sep 2017, 14:32:12

GHung wrote:Nah. Every time Floridians flee to Georgia, they spend lots of money. Atlanta TV news reporting that virtually all hotel/motel rooms in the area are booked and restaurants are staffing up for the weekend.

Plus the fact that almost all of them will "migrate" back home (well, to what's left of it) afterwards.
dolanbaker
Fission
Fission

Previous

Return to Environment