Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Happy Talk

Re: Happy Talk

Unread postby pstarr » Mon 31 Jul 2017, 19:58:27

I once went for squirrels, got frustrated and accidently gave both barrels to a chickidee. 12 gauge. I was kid though. Felt bad also. I sure shit on his iddy biddy life. It was bad bad bad
There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life,the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs

“Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.”
― Maya Angelou
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby efarmer » Mon 31 Jul 2017, 22:34:20

Pstarr, at some point our well formed mature opinions on human nature and the state
of the world gets driven to a certain. Which may be absolutely right or wrong and it doesn't
matter once we lock on to one of them really. But to me it matters that we stop having any
joy of sucking wind, taking pisses, thinking about stuff, reading stuff when we poop,
mocking stuff when we spoof, finding ourselves not really knowing what to think...

I love the Pstarr entity that I agreed with, argued with , was corrected by , considered
a savant who jacks off alot, and a touchstone of some sorts.

In one place where free thinking is allowed which includes all opposing thoughts and
and aggravating newbies and trolls, am I to believe you are gone solid shit snake
negative?

I understand if you are sick and going to die, if not, you have to raise your smartass
up above the grim reaper who has been filling in for him. Pstarr, come up to speed so
we can fuck with you, please.
efarmer
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dohboi » Mon 31 Jul 2017, 22:41:49

Nicely put, ef, as usual.

And right on target
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Wed 02 Aug 2017, 03:22:05

Had lunch on the balcony with the wife and got a great whale dancing display for free
They are still migrating north at the moment from Antarctica to the Great barrier Reef for winter and then back to Antarctica for the summer

A bit like this.... Humpbacks

Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Fission
Fission

Unread postby dohboi » Wed 02 Aug 2017, 04:48:14

Wow!
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 03 Aug 2017, 13:35:24

I am heading back down to Panama in two days. We are selling one of our houses in Fort Lauderdale. WE are keeping a cute little two bedroom cottage where I started planting trees back in 2010 when bought the property. Check out what we harvested in these past 3 weeks..

Jack Fruit.

Mango

Another variety of mango

Pineapples

Jackfruit inside

Yours truly!
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon

Unread postby dohboi » Thu 03 Aug 2017, 13:39:05

woah, nice!
dohboi
Harmless Drudge
Harmless Drudge

Unread postby Cog » Thu 03 Aug 2017, 18:36:34

Am I supposed to be seeing some pictures of produce? Cause I'm not seeing them.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 03 Aug 2017, 18:52:03

We got to feed a bald eagle lunch. He came over as we were cleaning some fish, so I fed him. He was about 40' away. :-D
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 03 Aug 2017, 20:39:05

Cog wrote:Am I supposed to be seeing some pictures of produce? Cause I'm not seeing them.

You should be seeing images of Jack Fruit, mangoes and a pineapple.....
Ibon

Unread postby baha » Thu 03 Aug 2017, 20:53:47

Sorry, I don't see it either...
A Solar fuel spill is otherwise known as a sunny day!
The energy density of a tank of FF's doesn't matter if it's empty.

https://monitoringpublic.solaredge.com/solaredge-web/p/kiosk?guid=19844186-d749-40d6-b848-191e899b37db
baha
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 03 Aug 2017, 21:42:09

baha wrote:Sorry, I don't see it either...

I made the images smaller. Hope it works now
Ibon

Unread postby Cog » Thu 03 Aug 2017, 22:25:35

Still not seeing them. I see something that looks like a do not enter sign.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Fri 04 Aug 2017, 03:16:21

Newfie wrote:We got to feed a bald eagle lunch. He came over as we were cleaning some fish, so I fed him. He was about 40' away. :-D

Around here we get Ospreys
When you go fishing on the rocks we leave our bait and catch in little rock pools to keep them fresh if you walk away and turn your back they are gone
Shaved Monkey
Fission
Fission

Unread postby pstarr » Thu 10 Aug 2017, 18:09:11

I have been prepping for both peak oil and climate change for several decades. It's been mostly a lot of fun, as I am surrounded by like-mined folks. Except for the hellacious few years of the Great California Death Drought. Now that it is over, I have come to realize (as a transplant) it was really just another somewhat normal event here in California. We can get crazy droughts and crazy deluges. And we all do fine.

The wild blackberries and wild huckleberries are ripening. What a bonanza. Made half-dozen fresh wild-crafted and garden pies. Strawberry/rhubarb is really good. Next I hope to find enough wild blackberries to can a dozen pint jars of preserves. The albacore has showed up and I might can another 40 pints. Have been testing old jars from 2004 and determined that there is zero deterioration.

It's early august and just had a freak thunderstorm and rain! Great negative ions. Feels soooo good. Now out of the closet . . . as a full-fledged bona fide global warming skeptic.
There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life,the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs

“Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.”
― Maya Angelou
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Fri 11 Aug 2017, 07:20:58

3 more whales for breakfast this morning :P
Shaved Monkey
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 13 Aug 2017, 19:03:36

The whales have finally come in this year. We saw a couple on our way over but now they are pretty thick. Until this afternoon I only saw smaller whales, probably minkes, but this evening there were some humpbacks. We can watch them from our porch. A couple of day ago the afternoon light was low and clear and it really lite up their spouts when they blew. It was exceptionally still and quiet this evening and we could actually hear them making sounds I've not heard before, something between a groan and a roar. Tomorrow morning we will try to go in the boat for a closer look.

We also saw a small dark fox by the side of the road, with a chicken box prize. From the coloring he didn't look like either a red or silver fox. Maybe an arctic fox. I've seen them before, but only during their molting season.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 13 Aug 2017, 19:08:06

Ahhh, one can forget about the big complicated world and menacing future out there in the pristine mysterious wilderness.
“"If you think the economy is more important than the environment, try holding your breath while counting your money"”
onlooker
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby pstarr » Sun 13 Aug 2017, 19:18:34

My little piece of property is hardly a pristine wilderness, in fact it's half covered with 'invasive' Himalayan blackberries. Boy have they invaded. And what a bounty. I have already picked 6 quarts since my last post. Tonight I can (jar!)

― Maya Angelou
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 13 Aug 2017, 19:29:49

Yes, I count myself very, very lucky.

It was a rainy, blowy morning and we spent a few hours working on plans for the cottage renovation. We are hiring a contractor to rearrange the rooms. As is the best view is from the kitchen window, very small, and the living room has a great big window which looks out into the post office (8' by 12') and every one in town walks by every day. So we are going to swap things around so that the kitchen becomes the living room with a big slider opening onto the deck with views down the bay. West orientation, perfect sundowner spot.

We are very happy here, quite content with the meger riches we have.

I totaled it up the other day, between the two boats, cabin in Newfoundland, and 168 acres of land in Nova Scotia we have invested under $250,000. I've spent a fair bit more on modifications and exerted a lot of sweat equity but, if you think about it, that is less than many houses. So I'm happy with my investments, they bring pleasure, true value.

Things were not always so, there was a time when I felt trapped for life in a hell hole. I've just enough contact with my ex wife to know she hasn't changed and that she continues to spread misery and hatred. Oh what a lucky man I am!
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Environment