Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

THE declaration of WAR on FFI

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

THE declaration of WAR on FFI

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 10 Aug 2017, 05:47:29

The Declaration of WAR against the Fossil Fuel Industry
"Without any equivocation and firm in my belief that this is a just war like no other, a war engaged not only to defend ourselves but to defend the generations to follow, I formally declare a total war on the Energy Industrial Complex."

http://forum.arctic-sea-ice.net/index.php?topic=1820.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TlkN-dcDCk

We are in the preliminary stage of one of the greatest battles in history.... That we are in action at many points—in America Europe , Asia, Australia and Antarctica , that we have to be prepared in the Arctic . That the air pollution continuous, and that many preparations have to be made here at home.

I would say to the WWW as I said to those who have joined the governments: I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering.

You ask, what is our policy?

I will say:
It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny called Fossil Fuel Industry , never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime.
That is our policy.
You ask, what is our aim?
I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.

Text by M_B_S in memory of W. Churchill

If you agree sign this declaration of war
I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: THE declaration of WAR on FFI

Unread postby Cog » Thu 10 Aug 2017, 06:30:08

A declaration of war against the fossil fuel industry is a declaration of war against humanity so I must decline to sign.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby M_B_S » Thu 10 Aug 2017, 08:03:59

USA

The White House declared TOTAL WAR on NATURE

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ncSLWJmzYA

I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.

M_B_S
M_B_S
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 10 Aug 2017, 12:24:29

M_B_S wrote:The Declaration of WAR against the Fossil Fuel Industry

Less drama, more practicality, IMO.

If the Paris Climate Accords had contained a simple global mandatory agreement for a MEANINGFUL CO2 tax, say along the lines of 50 cents a gallon of gasoline or equivalent, to scale up for even five or ten years by that amount (even on just transportation fuels) -- then everyone from producers to consumers could see that world governments are SERIOUS about reducing CO2 production -- and plan and act accordingly.

Instead, those accords showed the world that the only thing world governments are serious about is continuing BAU, making empty speeches, and high fives all around.

I'm sure using words like "war" will please green sign holders, but I believe meaningful government policy on a large to huge scale would be thousands of times more effective.

Just one opinion. And hoping that EV's end up being so damn good financially and quality wise in a decade that the result is the same -- just, sadly, slower to get ramping up to a meaningful level than it should have been. (Time we shouldn't be wasting).
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 10 Aug 2017, 15:17:11

Outcast is right.

It's easy to endorse a meaningless and empty slogan like "war on fossil fuels" when it has no practical policy or action associated with it. But let something practical and meaningful be proposed, like a carbon tax, and suddenly everybody turns into a phony ballooney mealy mouthed do nothing con artist like Obama
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby EnergyUnlimited » Sat 12 Aug 2017, 12:46:37

Plantagenet wrote:Outcast is right.
It's easy to endorse a meaningless and empty slogan like "war on fossil fuels" when it has no practical policy or action associated with it. But let something practical and meaningful be proposed, like a carbon tax, and suddenly everybody turns into a phony ballooney mealy mouthed do nothing con artist like Obama

Obama is gone but Obamacare is to stay.
Dems and Reps are really the same and Trump is an accident at work, so they will impeach him.
War on democracy is well and kicking.
War on FFI is one of many distractors.
Those who thought, that they are deciding about something (helpless mob of 99,999%) will lose.
EnergyUnlimited
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 12 Aug 2017, 19:02:04

pstarr wrote:
So says Mr. Blogger-Energy-Hogger on coal-fired networked servers all over the world. Gotta get the word (and CO2) out there for everybody to see. Real environmentalists garden. It takes up excess CO2.

But happily cutting down trees does the opposite. Real environmentalists EV.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Sat 12 Aug 2017, 19:21:13

If a "war" is called for then OK. But the attack needs to be directed at the source of the problems: the fossil fuel consumers. If there's a plan to hide that reality is to cloak it as a "war" of the fossil fuel industry that's OK too. But as soon as that financial pain is passed on to the consumers they'll respond to protect themselves. And the politicians leading that stealth attack on the BAU of the voters? They'll be replaced by the voters.

The fossil fuel industry provides those commodities because the consumers demand that it does. If the industry wasn't financially rewarded by those consumers there wouldn't be another oil or NG well drilled and not another pound of coal dug out of the ground.

The "declaration of war" against the FFI amounts to not much more then an effort to raise contributions for groups selling those "war bonds". LOL. A war of words with few if any meaningful actions.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics