Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Wolf at the Door

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Wolf at the Door

Unread postby shortonoil » Mon 28 Feb 2005, 12:47:47

The wolf is definitely at the door and he is hungry!

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2005/3 ... risis.html

As we witness the spiraling cost of oil, due to depletion, we are also witnessing the collapse of the financial monetary system. The two go hand in hand and you can not regard one without regarding the consequences of the other.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Unread postby aldente » Mon 28 Feb 2005, 14:53:54

Caution: La Rouche is an obscure figure that predicts the end of the current economic model since the early seventies. He just wishes that it all crashes so that he can say : I told you so!
aldente
Permanently Banned

Unread postby BabyPeanut » Mon 28 Feb 2005, 14:58:20

albente wrote:Caution: La Rouche is an obscure figure that predicts the end of the current economic model since the early seventies.

And it has been ending since the 70's. Rather than any sort of sustainable response to US oil peak we've just seen a series of dirty tricks.
BabyPeanut
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby BabyPeanut » Mon 28 Feb 2005, 15:28:18

albente wrote:He just wishes that it all crashes so that he can say : I told you so!

Decades ago warnings would have be useful. Now his vindication is called for, IMHO.
BabyPeanut
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby shortonoil » Mon 28 Feb 2005, 16:13:16

Unless in my old age I have lost my powers of retention, the primary alarmist were:

U.S. Treasury official and head of the Institute for International Economics, C. Fred Bergsten, and Morgan Stanley's chief economist Stephen Roach

Your slaming of La Rouche is amusing, but it appears to be primarily irrelevent.
shortonoil
False ETP Prophet
False ETP Prophet

Re: Wolf at the Door

Unread postby AdamB » Sat 01 Jul 2017, 15:16:35

shortonoil wrote:The wolf is definitely at the door and he is hungry!

http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2005/3 ... risis.html

LAROUCHE!!!! Oh my, now we are seeing the true shorty.

shortonoil wrote:As we witness the spiraling cost of oil, due to depletion, we are also witnessing the collapse of the financial monetary system. The two go hand in hand and you can not regard one without regarding the consequences of the other.

And after another 12 years of depletion, we are seeing dropping costs of oil!!! Because short decided depletion doesn't matter as much as r squared values!!! Why don't you talk about costs anymore short? Project managers talk about it all the time, and yet you seem to know nothing about them at all? How can that be? Using Larouche as a reference though, so you are one of "those" folks aren't you? Did he fund any of your make-believe curve manufacturing to create the report you pimp? Does he get a cut for having clued you into where the gullible hang out? Maybe he was one of those sock puppets?
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby asg70 » Sun 02 Jul 2017, 12:14:33

12 years onward and Shorty's on track to be the equivalent of another LaRouche.

It would be nice if I got the sense that he actually had the best interests of society in mind but I have caught a glimpse of his misanthropy here. Like Heath Ledger's joker, he just wants to see the world burn. So I think he created the ETP rube goldberg algorithm to try to forecast just that and then gather up kool-aid drinkers to shake their fists at BAU together.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 02 Jul 2017, 14:36:19

asg70 wrote:12 years onward and Shorty's on track to be the equivalent of another LaRouche.

It would be nice if I got the sense that he actually had the best interests of society in mind but I have caught a glimpse of his misanthropy here. Like Heath Ledger's joker, he just wants to see the world burn. So I think he created the ETP rube goldberg algorithm to try to forecast just that and then gather up kool-aid drinkers to shake their fists at BAU together.

Making a little coin along the way doesn't hurt either! The sock puppets are the giveaway here, if there wasn't a little $$ involved, they never would have been employed to continue milking for a revenue stream.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 03 Jul 2017, 08:37:09

AdamB wrote:Making a little coin along the way doesn't hurt either! The sock puppets are the giveaway here, if there wasn't a little $$ involved, they never would have been employed to continue milking for a revenue stream.

I actually don't think money is his main motivation. I think it's more the case of his doomerism becoming so obsessive that he can't hold a steady job and so he has to sort of collect tips from it.

This is similar to how that guy from The Oil Drum had to admit at the bottom of his farewell message that he hasn't had a steady job in 7 years and had to actually go back to focusing on his career--which, apparently, just meant he started his own separate blog and collects tips. Funny how doomerism can become this one-way-street.

No, I think what drives him most of all is grabbing some modicum of attention/fame for being a Cassandra.

BOLD PREDICTIONS
-Billions are on the verge of starvation as the lockdown continues. (yoshua, 5/20/20)

HALL OF SHAME:
-Short welched on a bet and should be shunned.
-Frequent-flyers should not cry crocodile-tears over climate-change.
asg70
Permanently Banned

Return to Economics & Finance