Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

International Climate Negotiations Pt. 2 (merged)

Re: International Climate Negotiations Pt. 2 (merged)

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 17:50:07

Quite simply what is needed is straightntalk. The world leaders need to understand and say "the paradigm of infinite growth is bogus, many will be disappointed, it it is necessary to deal with the reality of physics."

Of course I expect none of them (excepting Nicaragua ?) to say any such thing.

Until they do it's all a sham.

The question then becomes, now what? What do we individually do with this knowledge?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Ibon » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 18:12:36

Newfie wrote:Quite simply what is needed is straightntalk. The world leaders need to understand and say "the paradigm of infinite growth is bogus, many will be disappointed, it it is necessary to deal with the reality of physics."

Of course I expect none of them (excepting Nicaragua ?) to SA any such thing.

Until they do it's all a sham.

What would have to happen for the two ends to embrace a leader speaking straight talk. Whereby both the voter and corporate lobbyist would yield to sacrifice?
Our resiliency resembles an invasive weed. We are the Kudzu Ape
blog: http://blog.mounttotumas.com/
Ibon

Unread postby Newfie » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 19:56:22

I think the world would have to fall through a worm hole into a parallel universe where all normal human logic was reversed.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Unread postby sparky » Fri 09 Jun 2017, 10:10:51

Anyone who believe than telling the truth to everyone all the time is a good idea ,
such a person has no future in politic .
sparky
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Fri 09 Jun 2017, 18:13:00

And that's a bad thing? It's like ancient Sparta, they were encouraged to steal, but were punished for being caught.

We are now living in a society where the mores are 180 degrees from where they were in the mid 20th century.

Selfishness, exploitation, lying, theft, and greed are all perfectly ok as long as you get away with it. (unless, of course, you are a minority or poor) Heck, it's the platform of the Republican Party now. That's not the Republican Party of Eisenhower. That pisses me off more than anything, that they usurped my party and turned it into this.

No wonder the Pope scowled.

One used to be able to be proud of being a Republican. Now they won't even admit it's wrong to cozy up to the Russians.

Jimmy Stewart was a Republican. Mr Smith goes to Washington was the ideal.

That was stolen from us. Now the Republican Party is the party of the Taylors of the world.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Fusion
Fusion

Previous

Return to Environment