Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Iran Thread Pt. 6

A forum for discussion of regional topics including oil depletion but also government, society, and the future.

Re: UK troops are sent to Iranian border

Unread postby manu » Sun 16 Sep 2007, 06:57:17

I was wondering what that post was all about. Now, back to the Iranian border. Troops piling up, bombs piling up, now all they need is some trigger. The Iranian President calls Anaconda Rice a lesbo. That should do it.
manu
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby MD » Sun 16 Sep 2007, 07:23:29

seahorse wrote:Am I the only one constantly confused by Billps ridiculous posts? What the hell is he doing posting stuff about some crazy ass suit he filed on this thread about a UK unit going to the Iranian border? He does that all the time, on every thread, can the mods not send him some kind of notice to stay on topic??

agreed.
done.
Stop filling dumpsters, as much as you possibly can, and everything will get better.

Just think it through.
It's not hard to do.
MD
COB
COB

Unread postby NotMyBlood » Sun 16 Sep 2007, 07:40:13

Pfish wrote:In order for the US to "justify" an attack on Iran, some spectacular event akin to 9/11 would have to occur. Wonder what that would be......

no event needed. there wont be any announcment either. One day, and soon, it will be all over the news how Iran was bombed. Then we will get an explanation.
NotMyBlood
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby virgincrude » Sun 16 Sep 2007, 07:51:00

"The Iranian President calls Anaconda Rice a lesbo. That should do it."
:lol:
virgincrude
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Iran Thread Pt. 6

Unread postby Cog » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 11:09:18

Iran Shiite militia already have a heavy presence in both Syria and Iraq. Something that will cause us no end of trouble once ISIS is eliminated.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Re: +++The Iranian counter Revolution Thread +++

Unread postby careinke » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 15:23:54

Cog wrote:Iran Shiite militia already have a heavy presence in both Syria and Iraq. Something that will cause us no end of trouble once ISIS is eliminated.

I don't recall very many Shia terrorist attacks recently, (although there may have been some).

I'd be willing guess the vast majority have all been Sunni derived terrorist attacks.

Of course the US mostly support Sunni nations since that is where the money is.
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 15:35:30

Unless you count Shia support for Hezbollah and Hamas in the West Bank and Gaza.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Cog » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 15:38:48

Well this is getting interesting as a side note to Qatar. Qatar is cozying up to Iran in the face of Gulf State isolation and sanctions. This has the possibility of an all out war in the Middle East.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/07/turkey-t ... cials.html

Turkey's parliament is expected to fast-track on Wednesday a draft bill allowing its troops to be deployed to a Turkish military base in Qatar, officials from the ruling AK Party and the nationalist opposition said.

The move appears to support the Gulf Arab country as it faces diplomatic and trade isolation from some of the biggest Middle Eastern powers.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby careinke » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 15:46:31

Cog wrote:Unless you count Shia support for Hezbollah and Hamas in the West Bank and Gaza.

Granted, but those are not directly against the US are they?

Perhaps your metaphysical belief system is clouding your judgement here.
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 16:01:39

My belief system didn't invent the IED's that Iran supplied to Shia militia that blew up US troops during our occupation of Iraq. That had the Quds Force of the Iranian military involvement proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby careinke » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 17:02:29

Cog wrote:My belief system didn't invent the IED's that Iran supplied to Shia militia that blew up US troops during our occupation of Iraq. That had the Quds Force of the Iranian military involvement proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Interesting, so you consider action against a military force occupying your lands terrorism?

This kind of hits home for me, as a friend of mine was killed by an IED. My last words to him were "Stay safe, and come home." I never considered it a terrorist action, because it wasn't. It was a combat death between opposing forces.

Blowing up noncombatants, schools, etc. are terrorist acts, not attacking an enemy occupying you land.

My point is, most of the Shia aggression seems to be in direct response to actions taken against them (at least in their minds).

Sunnis, on the other hand, support groups like ISIS who are commuted to spreading Shari'a law everywhere.

See the difference, one is primarily offensive, the other defence.

But on to the main topic. This Qatar thing is beyond strange. The only thing that makes sense is it is a precursor to an Islamic civil war.

I have lived and or worked in all the countries involved, and even I am having trouble comprehending WTF is going on.

My gut feeling is it is dangerous as hell, and we (the US), need to leave!

How about a nice game of thermonuclear war?????
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Wed 07 Jun 2017, 17:35:56

I hope the sides will exchange some money and everyone will go back to doing whatever they were doing before this latest crisis occurred.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

War With Iran Was Planned Decades Ago

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 15 Oct 2017, 22:41:46

Last week, as I reflected on my recent three-part series filled with bold predictions, I began to question whether or not I was being too negative. Upon hearing Trump’s Iran speech Friday, I became convinced that everything I wrote had merit. The speech was downright terrifying, serving to confirm all my worst fears about what he’s up to in the Middle East. There’s no way you can listen to that disingenuous rant and not recognize that he’s already made up his mind about war with Iran. What comes next will be a series of U.S. imposed redlines and demands, which Iran will eventually be said to violate, at which point the U.S. will escalate bigly. I expect the most wretched cretins in America to rally behind the coming war push, including much of the corporate media. We already saw evidence of this... Many ...

War With Iran..
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: War With Iran Was Planned Decades Ago

Unread postby Tanada » Sun 15 Oct 2017, 22:49:35

Realistically the Pentagon has a huge staff that spend all their working hours day in and day out coming up with plans to invade every foreign country on the globe, both individually and as groups. This is nothing new, the US Military had war plans to fights Germany or France or the UK in the 1930's or to fight an alliance of all three of them. After the Pentagon was built the plans simply became more frequently updated and detailed. I am quite confident there is a file somewhere in the Pentagon right now for invading Liberia or Argentina or the UK at need.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: War With Iran Was Planned Decades Ago

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 16 Oct 2017, 07:19:06

Any country with either resources or a threat which has not already been effectively enjoined to the list- easily found- search list of US military bases overseas.

What i find disgusting about Trump's rants against Iran very recently, is the complete lack of acknowledgement of Iranian help in the almost over war on ISIL. Throughout the Syrian war, the Iranians have fought, bled & died without mention by American leadership or allies. Now that ISIL is on the verge of total defeat, immediately US MIC switches target to this unacknowledged ally in this hideous war. Listening to Trump's bullshit recently you would think (if you were an average ignoramus) that Iran sponsored ISIL & there's no difference between Iran & ISIL, no Sunni Shia divide.

There are valid concerns about Iran, treatment of minorities, nuclear ambitions, threats against Israel & regional trade. However the rhetoric seems to suggest the MIC requires a fresh target & adrenaline shot for it's markets- Iran fits the bill, better than ', little rocket man' who it seems has been tucked under China's wing, at least for the time being.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Iran Urges Russia To Ditch The Dollar, Isolate America

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 03 Nov 2017, 12:38:45

Iran has suggested isolating the US by ditching the dollar during a meeting yesterday with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Tehran. Remonstrating against US threats to impose new sanctions and cancel the nuclear agreement, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei branded the US an enemy and urged Moscow to completely sever ties with the US currency: "By ignoring the negative propaganda of the enemies, that seek to weaken relations between countries, we can nullify US sanctions, using methods such as eliminating the dollar and replacing it with national currencies in transactions between two or more parties; thus, isolate the Americans.” As The Express reports, Putin met Iranian political leaders in an effort to nurture a warming relationship strengthened since Donald Trump recently threatened to abandon the international nuclear deal with Iran reached in 2015. The Russian premier criticised American interference in the region and described his country’s

Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Iran Urges Russia To Ditch The Dollar, Isolate America

Unread postby dissident » Fri 03 Nov 2017, 23:15:16

AdamB wrote:

Iran has suggested isolating the US by ditching the dollar during a meeting yesterday with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Tehran. Remonstrating against US threats to impose new sanctions and cancel the nuclear agreement, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei branded the US an enemy and urged Moscow to completely sever ties with the US currency: "By ignoring the negative propaganda of the enemies, that seek to weaken relations between countries, we can nullify US sanctions, using methods such as eliminating the dollar and replacing it with national currencies in transactions between two or more parties; thus, isolate the Americans.” As The Express reports, Putin met Iranian political leaders in an effort to nurture a warming relationship strengthened since Donald Trump recently threatened to abandon the international nuclear deal with Iran reached in 2015. The Russian premier criticised American interference in the region and described his country’s

Poor little America installs a neo-Nazi regime in Kiev that continues to randomly shell civilians in the Donbass to this day, and then uses its NATO puppets to try and isolate Russia for not bending over and taking it. Iran does not need urge Russia to do anything. America is doing the real urging.
dissident
Expert
Expert

How to Launder $1 Billion of Iranian Oil

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 08 Dec 2017, 11:45:01

Looking nervous and somber, the FBI’s star witness entered from the lockup and shuffled across the New York federal courtroom in a beige prison smock. The Turkish-Iranian gold trader took a seat at the witness stand for the hearing on Nov. 29, the second day of testimony in a money laundering and sanctions-evasion case brought by the U.S. government. Asked to state his name, he said he was Reza Zarrab. Not long ago, Zarrab’s life might have fit the description of a James Bond villain’s—he glided around Istanbul with his pop-star wife in Aston Martins and Range Rovers, flew on private planes, and sported around the Aegean with his own jetpack and submarine. He liked to carry a gold-plated pistol and kept an office at Trump Towers Istanbul. That all came to an end in March 2016, when Zarrab was arrested

How to Launder $1 Billion of Iranian Oil

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Iraq and Iran sign Kirkuk oil swap deal

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 11 Dec 2017, 16:28:28

Iraq has agreed to swap up to 60,000 barrels per day of crude produced from the northern Iraqi Kirkuk oilfield for Iranian oil, Iraqi Oil Minister Jabar al-Luaibi said on Saturday. The agreement signed by the two countries provides for Iran to deliver to Iraq’s southern ports, on the Gulf, “oil of the same characteristics and in the same quantities” as those it would receive from Kirkuk, Luaibi said in a statement. The deal in effect allows Iraq to resume sales of Kirkuk crude, which have been halted since Iraqi forces took back control of the fields from the Kurds in October. Between 30,000 and 60,000 bpd of Kirkuk crude will be delivered by tanker trucks to the border area of Kermanshah, where Iran has a refinery, Luaibi said. The two countries are planning to build a pipeline to carry the oil from Kirkuk,

Iraq and Iran sign Kirkuk oil swap deal

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Protests turn political in Iran as rallies spread

Unread postby AdamB » Fri 29 Dec 2017, 21:51:53

Demonstrators chanted anti-government slogans in several cities across Iran on Friday, Iranian news agencies and social media reports said, as price protests turned into the largest wave of demonstrations since nationwide pro-reform unrest in 2009. Police dispersed anti-government demonstrators in the western city of Kermanshah as protests spread to Tehran and several other cities a day after rallies in the northeast, the semi-official news agency Fars said. The outbreak of unrest reflects growing discontent over rising prices and alleged corruption, as well as concern about the Islamic Republic’s costly involvement in regional conflicts such as those in Syria and Iraq. An official said a few protesters had been arrested in Tehran, and footage posted on social media showed a heavy police presence in the capital and some other cities. Sponsored Washington criticized the arrests. ”The United States strongly condemns the arrest of peaceful protesters. We

Protests turn political in Iran as rallies spread

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

PreviousNext

Return to Asia Discussion