Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Natives Are Getting Restless

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Re: The Natives Are Getting Restless

Unread postby efarmer » Wed 10 May 2017, 22:24:32

Yes onlooker I have heard that as well, they are also reportedly hoarding good natured, hard working, easy to laugh, reliable and salt of the earth great people, from Mexico, to tend to them as well as teach their children how to be happy with less, have someone to trust who is hardworking and polite, and to have living proof that hard work, spiritual values, and humility and decency are the hallmarks that their prior ancestors generation used to enable them with riches so they could live so well in nornalcy, and afford to have the best once the choices were dire and dicey. The people who were smashed by terrorist cartels who catered to Americans who just can't layoff drugs to exist in the runup to the crash, are relieved in very small numbers of the oppression of their home country to cater to the lucky shits who have the bucks to stretch the decline and as always hire quality people for personal service. I hope one of them ascends and poops in a golden Trump toilet in a highrise, and with the air conditioning off, and sweaty, goes back to work and teaches the "rich kids" how to poop in the woods and fields, and grow something. I am an a petroleum amplified American peasant, glad for the experience, but totally happy to be a peasant with peasant food and respect for my peers and a good subsistence gatherer, which is proven in part, and nervously questionable in future scenarios. I love legumes, realize ribeyes are naughty and I would always find a time where they are unattainable, and have for a long time realized the empowered owned the cakes, music source, and chairs in the heady cakewalk I was toying with in life. But don't ever try to tell me that salt of the earth folks are not inherently good, or loving, or struggling or unviable, even the petroleum amplified Americans like myself. This would be the "Fake News" that jaded rich shits lament when it finds purchase via myriad jaws on their fat buttocks and they have to stay on meme.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby efarmer » Wed 10 May 2017, 23:17:04

Don't think so. Imagine a bunch of regular citzens plus , law enforcement, public service, community folks,that find themselves in the margins, or in the enabled groups due to serendipity. It seems you go to the sensation sort of stuff that drives clicks, content, viewers, and decency for exposure. Imagining something different that is putting motives and nasty motives and mindsets in people who attempt to serve and protect, get along and attempt to figure out what to do next. I submit that the collective decency of our fabric is tempted and teased but not controlled by the fact they are us as well.
This is a luxury of being an American, it has some tatters and tears, but the whole cloth is good stuff.
efarmer
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Revi » Fri 12 May 2017, 09:34:26

Excellent rants farmer. I agree with all of it. We are petroleum amped peasants trying to power our way through life.
A lot of us are second and third generation immigrants and our forebears had to do the scut work all their life too. We at least still believe in the illusion that we can "strive and succeed" to borrow a Horatio Alger quote. My father was born penniless to immigrant parents who lost everything in the depression. Happy days are here again, and eventually my father went to the best school in NYC, became an architect thanks to a scholarship at an Ivy League college. He worked for Philip Johnson, formed his own architectural practice and taught at Parsons until he retired and worked on houses until a few years before his death in a nursing home. When he died he had $700 in the bank and a $30,000 debt. From rags to riches and back again... This is the way we all live. We believe in the American Dream, we strive and succeed and then crash back to earth. I am no different. Is life any different anywhere else?
Deep in the mud and slime of things, even there, something sings.
Revi
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Newfie » Fri 12 May 2017, 11:49:07

Was that debt due to medical issues?
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance