Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

New monthly world crude oil production record Pt. 2

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: New monthly world crude oil production record Pt. 2

Unread postby Cog » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 12:27:36

AdamB wrote:
Midnight Oil wrote:What Cog forgot to add is if you can PRINT the cash to buy the Oil, life is good!
The Devil is on the details, which the Industry Shrills naturally ignore.

The devil is also in the reality. That chart I posted up thread? That isn't oil that was PRINTED, but produced. Peak oil isn't about peak printed money.

Do you ever wonder if the English language is perhaps their second language? Because its either that or they have some sort of reading disability.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby pstarr » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 12:29:15

Adam, 6 posts in 8 minutes? Re-register under another fake name again so we can read your posts
Haven't you heard? I'm a doomer!
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 12:31:59

Cog wrote:
AdamB wrote:
Midnight Oil wrote:What Cog forgot to add is if you can PRINT the cash to buy the Oil, life is good!
The Devil is on the details, which the Industry Shrills naturally ignore.

The devil is also in the reality. That chart I posted up thread? That isn't oil that was PRINTED, but produced. Peak oil isn't about peak printed money.

Do you ever wonder if the English language is perhaps their second language? Because its either that or they have some sort of reading disability.

They only see what they want to see. It isn't even that anything else matters, or is factual, or based in science, or whatever. They want collapse, or doom, or something ELSE (not even sure it matters what) and the rationalization is the only other piece they then install. Then they lock it down and boom...done.
Peak oil in 2020: And here is why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 12:40:04

pstarr wrote:Adam, 6 posts in 8 minutes? Re-register under another fake name again so we can read your posts

Pete, you said I was on ignore, so, who taught you to lie?

Was it your parents, between rounds of morning and afternoon episodes of clear cutting forests, or was it something you were taught during your years of advanced collegiate studies at the Stoner Instructional Complex (picture provided on request to prove it does indeed exist)?
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 12:41:25

I learned here a long time ago a salient fact. Never get in the way of a doomer and his doom with your facts. He won't appreciate the education.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby pstarr » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 12:47:35

Cog and Adam share a handle? No idea, good buddy lol
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:01:12

pstarr wrote:Cog and Adam share a handle? No idea, good buddy lol

Smooth move, making sure to avoid the post topic. Even cuter, feeling the need to throw straw in the air, fling feces and make weird screeching noises, thereby proving the second point that Cog and I have been discussing by ignoring the facts.

Keep up the good work!

AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Midnight Oil » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:03:03

The Oil Lobby needs their Cheerleaders on these sites to contain the obvious and keep the institutional funds flowing to maintain output. Whatever it takes!
Ben Bernanke said we would thank him (them) later.
Indeed I will, when the SHTF if I see him and Janet by a oil barrel fire, I'll offer a piece of roasted Rat meat. Appropriate, don't you agree?
Midnight Oil
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby pstarr » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:10:39

Midnight Oil wrote:The Oil Lobby needs their Cheerleaders on these sites to contain the obvious and keep the institutional funds flowing to maintain output. Whatever it takes!
Ben Bernanke said we would thank him (them) later.
Indeed I will, when the SHTF if I see him and Janet by a oil barrel fire, I'll offer a piece of roasted Rat meat. Appropriate, don't you agree?

In the oil barrel fire?

The debt ceiling and government shutdown are approaching in the next week. What happens to credit and the tight-shale investor scam?
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby Cog » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 13:40:11

Nothing because the government shutdown issue was solved a week ago. Put down the bong dude. Going stoned through life is no way to live.
Cog
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby pstarr » Thu 20 Apr 2017, 14:06:15

Cog wrote:Nothing because the government shutdown issue was solved a week ago. Put down the bong dude. Going stoned through life is no way to live.

Only responding to make a fool out of you, Cog. Otherwise you are firmly on my ignore
House Republicans could force government shutdown in the Senate ...
Daily Kos-Apr 19, 2017
Manchin threatened to shut down the government if help for miners wasn't included in a continuing resolution last year, but conceded after ...

Government Shutdown Could Roil Markets, Tax Cuts Still Doable ...
ThinkAdvisor-Apr 18, 2017
The prospect of a government shutdown could roil the markets, at least in the short term, much like Republicans' failure to pass legislation to .

Congress Is Trying to Avert a Government Shutdown on Trump's 100th ...
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... wn/523434/
1 day ago - How Trump's First 100 Days Could End in a Government Shutdown. The historical marker on April 29 will coincide with the expiration of federal ...

Government shutdown: What we know so far - CNNPolitics.com
http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/politics/ ... wn-latest/
8 hours ago - Will dems shut down government over Obamacare? ... Congress are facing an April 28 deadline for keeping the government running; Of course ...

Old news . . . of course! You are old news. Cogger the Codger lol
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby copious.abundance » Sun 12 Nov 2017, 22:06:13

We're long overdue for an update! :o

Here is a pretty chart showing world crude & condensate production, updated through July. Notice how it just keeps going up - steady as she goes! Back in November last year we had ANOTHER new record of over 82 million bpd! 8O

I made the chart zero-based, and everything!

SOURCE

Happy peak oiling! :lol:
Stuff for doomers to contemplate:
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1190117.html#p1190117
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1193930.html#p1193930
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1206767.html#p1206767
copious.abundance
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby AdamB » Sun 12 Nov 2017, 22:43:12

copious.abundance wrote:We're long overdue for an update! :o

Here is a pretty chart showing world crude & condensate production, updated through July. Notice how it just keeps going up - steady as she goes! Back in November last year we had ANOTHER new record of over 82 million bpd! 8O

I made the chart zero-based, and everything!

SOURCE

Happy peak oiling! :lol:

Oh you must be kidding? AGAIN!! How many more peak oils can the world take!!
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 13 Nov 2017, 13:13:20

Until the data shows differently, the overall trend for oil is really very simple.

Global demand and supply for crude oil is increasing. As it normally does, every year aside from deep recessions, for quite a while now. Period.

In the big picture, all the hand waving, conjecture, predictions, etc, -- whether it's about EV's and green energy, or about ETP and that "nontraditional sources" are being counted as oil and ETP, and blah, blah, blah -- this is the fundamental reality.

And there's no credible sign that this changes in the next decade. Maybe two or even more, given the proportion of ICE's to EV's which will be produced in the third world due to fundamental economic and infrastructure realities.

Not, of course, that this will change the many nonsensical FUD spreading arguments a bit. And not that this is good news, given the realities of AGW and BAU growth on a finite planet.

But why do so many arguments that COMPLETELY ignore, or worse deny, this fundamental reality get so much play on this site? Are we really so collectively ignorant about comprehending basic facts on the ground? Are we really so delusional that we believe that such economic facts are "conspiracies" since they're reported by the MSM?

Or am I missing something, and the majority of the time spent here should be seen as purely entertainment -- and I may as well spend the time on Netflix or gaming, etc?

I originally came here to learn, and that's my overall goal when I come back. Is this just galactically stupid? (Feel to be frank -- I honestly want to know).
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby asg70 » Mon 13 Nov 2017, 13:32:21

The value of the forum at present is mostly in the archive that documents its rise and fall, with its various "Dewey Defeats Truman" style posts. That kind of "I told ya so" validation can't be had with the daily dribble of news that fuels dueling predictions of the future. It only shakes out over the course of years. Forums really don't operate anymore as a call-and-response with that sort of feedback time. That's why you see a few people dredge up threads and try to reply to nonexistent posters. By the time Short really does climb back under a rock it won't be possible to rub humiliation in his face. That's just how things work. When people realize they're wrong they just silently walk away while hoping nobody notices.

Hubbert's curve, meet S-curve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b3ttqYDwF0
asg70
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby rockdoc123 » Mon 13 Nov 2017, 13:53:19

But why do so many arguments that COMPLETELY ignore, or worse deny, this fundamental reality get so much play on this site? Are we really so collectively ignorant about comprehending basic facts on the ground? Are we really so delusional that we believe that such economic facts are "conspiracies" since they're reported by the MSM?

I'm left scratching my head as well. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact those who post a lot here are the mouth drooling conspiracy nuts who believe that oil companies have conspired to produce oil and make them buy products made from it, all the while keeping the potential impacts secret (although all of the Exxon research on climate was published apparently it is still "secret" to these folks). These folks have imagined a scenario of complete doom, perhaps they have planned their lives around it or have at least resigned themselves to it so no amount of factual information to the contrary will dissuade them from their view of an impending apocalypse. We see that with several posters here who continue to recite the same "facts" that have been shown to be completely incorrect with data to back that up (eg. global demand for oil is collapsing, oil prices caused the great recession, people can no longer afford oil, oil companies can't replace their produced reserves, refineries can't deal with light oil from shales, Saudi Arabia is lying about their oil etc, etc). MY guess is those people do not want to learn anything, what they are looking for is a group to pat them on the back and agree with them, join them in their expectation of an imploded global economy, zombie hordes etc. Folks like this will not listen to reason, will ignore hard data that contradicts their views and have no intention of contemplating anything other than a reality they have already created for themselves.

I originally came here to learn, and that's my overall goal when I come back. Is this just galactically stupid? (Feel to be frank -- I honestly want to know).

I think there is an opportunity to learn here. Occasionally people post information or analysis that are not common knowledge. Someone not familiar with oil and gas could learn a bunch by going through the archives here. I find myself reading something and saying, hold on is that right? and then doing a bit of research to see if it is.
rockdoc123
Expert
Expert

Unread postby dcoyne78 » Tue 14 Nov 2017, 09:43:11

worldcc2.jpg
Any change since 1950?
worldcc2.jpg (23.42 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
dcoyne78
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby AdamB » Tue 14 Nov 2017, 19:43:38

dcoyne78 wrote:
worldcc2.jpg

What happened to the peak oil declared in 2008 by the halfwits at the oil drum? Did someone change the information to make it go away?
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby copious.abundance » Tue 14 Nov 2017, 21:58:10

dcoyne78 wrote:
worldcc2.jpg

Here it is without the logarithmic scale:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... uction.png

Notice its most rapid growth occurred during the time when automobile ownership grew rapidly. Then in the 70's the Oil Crisis spurred fuel efficiency and as a result you needed less growth in oil supply.
Stuff for doomers to contemplate:
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1190117.html#p1190117
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1193930.html#p1193930
http://peakoil.com/forums/post1206767.html#p1206767
copious.abundance
Anti-Matter
Anti-Matter

Unread postby dcoyne78 » Thu 16 Nov 2017, 12:03:49

real oil price.gif
From BP Stat Review 2017
real oil price.gif (17.93 KiB) Viewed 2064 times

Hi Copious abundance,

As you no doubt are aware, the logarithmic scale allows one to easily see how the rate of growth in crude plus condensate output has changed over time. The copious abundance of oil supply has led to higher oil prices and greater efficiency in the use of oil since 1980.

There have been temporary gluts in the 1994-1999 period and since 2015, but notice that real oil prices are not close to the 1970 level of $11/b in 2016$. Data in the chart above is from the BP Statistical Review

https://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/ ... nergy.html
dcoyne78
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

PreviousNext

Return to Peak Oil Discussion