Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Desperate Airline Tactics Thread (merged)

How to save energy through both societal and individual actions.

Re: The Desperate Airline Tactics Thread (merged)

Unread postby Plantagenet » Wed 12 Apr 2017, 19:28:14

Cog wrote:Interference with a flight crew is a felony. The passenger who caused a scene will regret it.

Actually, the passenger has just hired some high power lawyers and they have filed a court motion demanding that United preserve all videos etc. pursuant to his lawsuit ------ and United Airlines responded by issuing a groveling apology :lol:
Never underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to f#@% things up---Barack Obama
-----------------------------------------------------------
Keep running between the raindrops.
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Thu 13 Apr 2017, 13:20:27

Cog wrote:Interference with a flight crew is a felony. The passenger who caused a scene will regret it.

How is sitting in the seat he PAID FOR "interference"?

Interfering with the safe operation of the aircraft or harrassing passengers is a different thing than wanting to take the flight he had contractually arranged to take.

Now, once they explained that if he didn't cooperate he would be removed (saying "no" isn't an option), he should have said "I'm leaving under protest", and left.

I suspect he already regrets it. After all the "nice" Chicago PO apparently bashed him in the face (claiming he fell). Gee, my decision never to fly again following the TSA establishment looks like a better and better decision.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Cog » Thu 13 Apr 2017, 17:04:49

His injuries sound fake much like his outrage. This comes down to some spoiled self-indulgent child who didn't want to follow the rules. The moment the flight crew had to involve the police to take him off the plane, he was interfering with a flight crew.

Regardless of how his civil claim works out against the airline, the feds should still charge him with a felony and let him be a doctor in prison for a while.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

United fiasco

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 13 Apr 2017, 17:55:31

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/david-d ... 58567.html
Dr. David Dao, 69, has officially filed court papers against United Airlines after being violently dragged out of his seat by authorities on a plane last Sunday.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Re: United fiasco

Unread postby Plantagenet » Thu 13 Apr 2017, 18:01:59

Dr. Dao refused to cooperate with police when asked to leave the airplane. The police had to forcibly remove him.

Could you please refer me to a good lawyer?
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 13 Apr 2017, 18:04:18

Plantagenet wrote:Dr. Dao refused to cooperate with police when asked to leave the airplane. The police had to forcibly remove him.

Could you please refer me to a good lawyer?

The truth will come out, alot of witnesses.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Thu 13 Apr 2017, 18:08:45

The Doctor was formerly convicted of dealing drugs. He is operating on a conditional license. He is a real piece of trash.

Anyway the flight crew of United never laid a hand on the doctor. His beef with be with the with the cops. If he resisted, good beat down. I highly recommend you don't mess about with a Chicago cop if you value your face.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Subjectivist » Thu 13 Apr 2017, 19:36:42

There is a world of difference between illegal and improper behavior. Laws can and have been written to allow airlines to boot paying customers at random for there own reasons or none.

That in no way makes it proper for United to obey the letter of the law but not excercise good sense. If the airline needed to get four people from Chicago to Louisville they had several options to either get four passengers to voluntarily give up their seats, or move their four crew via alternative means.

As someone pointed out, UAL could have hired a limosene service to haul the four passengers to Louisville with a meager four hour trip via car service. Alternatively they could have put their four employees in a limo for the same result. Either solution would have been a PR success instead of this mess which has already hurt them financially far more than the alternatives would have cost.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby onlooker » Thu 13 Apr 2017, 19:42:29

I noticed another thread on same subject. Mods may want to merge.
viewtopic.php?p=1355628#p1355628
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Hawkcreek » Thu 13 Apr 2017, 21:00:20

Looks like most comments are on the side of the airline for kicking the crap out of this guy for staying seated, when they wanted him gone.
Didn't realize passive resistance warranted such a beating now.
Oh, well, different times.
"It don't make no sense that common sense don't make no sense no more"
John Prine
Hawkcreek
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Thu 13 Apr 2017, 21:54:11

Hawkcreek wrote:Looks like most comments are on the side of the airline for kicking the crap out of this guy for staying seated, when they wanted him gone.

The airline staff didn't lay a hand on him. How hard is that for people to understand? He was told to leave his seat. When he refused this lawful request, the police were notified and they gave him a lawful order to leave the plane. He resisted them and paid the price for it.

Next time a cop gives you an order to do something tell him to piss off and report back to me the results. I need a good laugh.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby ralfy » Thu 13 Apr 2017, 22:57:45

"Delta Airlines just brilliantly showed the world how to solve an overbooked flight"

http://resistancereport.com/news/delta- ... d-flights/

"Why Airlines Want to Make You Suffer"

http://www.newyorker.com/business/curre ... -to-suffer
ralfy
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Hawkcreek » Fri 14 Apr 2017, 15:12:35

Cog wrote:
Hawkcreek wrote:Looks like most comments are on the side of the airline for kicking the crap out of this guy for staying seated, when they wanted him gone.

The airline staff didn't lay a hand on him. How hard is that for people to understand? He was told to leave his seat. When he refused this lawful request, the police were notified and they gave him a lawful order to leave the plane. He resisted them and paid the price for it.

Next time a cop gives you an order to do something tell him to piss off and report back to me the results. I need a good laugh.

Who said the airline beat him? Not me. The price he paid for passive resistance was excessive for the "crime". The airline was complicit in the over-reaction, when they had several other avenues they could have followed to solve their problem. But it seems that a lot of people enjoy having the ability to demonstrate their power.
But it is obvious that you like the idea of a cop breaking someones nose for not leaving his seat when told to do so. So I will leave the subject alone now. No more needs to be said.
John Prine
Hawkcreek
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Fri 14 Apr 2017, 17:14:56

When you go limp and the cops have to drag you, then it is you that is responsible if your nose hits immovable objects like seat stanchions and bulkheads. No evidence shows the cops beat him with their fists or clubs. I follow a lot of police contacts with bad guys. Almost every bad guy can be taken into custody without violence if they cooperate with the officers. But play stupid games and you will win stupid prizes every time. Have a problem with being arrested falsely, sort it out in a court where such things belong.

Passive resistance to arrest is still resistance to arrest. Ask, tell, make is the way this goes down every time.

How not to get your ass kicked by the cops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Plantagenet » Fri 14 Apr 2017, 18:52:56

Cog wrote:When you go limp and the cops have to drag you, then it is you that is responsible if your nose hits immovable objects like seat stanchions and bulkheads. No evidence shows the cops beat him with their fists or clubs. I follow a lot of police contacts with bad guys. Almost every bad guy can be taken into custody without violence if they cooperate with the officers. But play stupid games and you will win stupid prizes every time. Have a problem with being arrested falsely, sort it out in a court where such things belong.

Passive resistance to arrest is still resistance to arrest. Ask, tell, make is the way this goes down every time.

How not to get your ass kicked by the cops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEvMc-K8XHY

Technically that is correct.

However, there is legal precedent for suing based on the use of "excessive force".

Everything about this felon/doc seems rotten. His squealing on the video sounds totally fake, like he planned to sue from the very beginning.

Nonetheless, if he was seriously injured while being removed from an airplane seat, IMHO he has grounds to sue because of the use of excessive force by the Chicago police.

I hope the jury awards him $1.......but I doubt they'll be that sensible.

CHEERS!
Plantagenet
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Subjectivist » Fri 14 Apr 2017, 19:23:03

I have a simple cure for UAL and other airlines. From now on every ticket is sold as standby. When customers show up any crew you need to shuttle board first, then all the passengers with standby first class tickets until first class is full. Any remaining first class standby tickets can be used to be seated in business class if you choose to use them at a loss. Then bussiness class tickets get seated until that section is full. Extra business class ticket holders can be seated coach at a loss if they choose. Last, the remaining coach seats get filled until the plne is full. Standby ticket holders who don't make it on wait for the next flight. If you are late getting in line you might get bumped to a later flight, but if you buy first class and get in line on time you will get a seat, but it might be in bussiness class. If you buy a bussiness class ticket and get in line on time you will get a seat, but might get bumped to coach. If you buy coach class tickets you might get to fly or you might get bumped, but that is the risk of a cheap ticket.
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Hawkcreek » Fri 14 Apr 2017, 22:54:23

Well, the nice thing about all this is that we are able to let our actions follow our beliefs.
If you believe that United acted properly in this, you should show your support by flying the friendly skies.
If you believe otherwise, fly with someone else.
The final decision of the public will probably be - who cares? I want the cheap seat.
Simple.
Me, I'm gonna drive. Decided that years ago.
John Prine
Hawkcreek
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Hawkcreek » Fri 14 Apr 2017, 23:07:11

Cog wrote:I follow a lot of police contacts with bad guys. Almost every bad guy can be taken into custody without violence if they cooperate with the officers.

Why would you follow a lot of police contacts with bad guys? Are you one of those guys with a scanner and a secret desire to be a LEO?

And how about if the guy being taken into custody thinks he is not a "bad guy"? What if he thinks that he is just standing up for his rights (not realizing that all those rights got taken away).
Yeah, I guess that would qualify under the stupid prize thing too.
John Prine
Hawkcreek
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Cog » Sat 15 Apr 2017, 05:49:41

I'm interesting in watching how the cops are dealing with the BLM and Antifa rioters and before that the Occupy thugs. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy watching the occasional Antifa rioter eat some pavement. Or watching a black-clad communist take a stick to his noggin.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

PreviousNext

Return to Conservation & Efficiency