Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

On The Thermodynamic Model of Oil Extraction by Hill’s Group

Discuss research and forecasts regarding hydrocarbon depletion.

Moderator: Pops

Re: On The Thermodynamic Model of Oil Extraction by Hill’s G

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 18 Mar 2017, 13:25:41

vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby pstarr » Sat 18 Mar 2017, 15:37:32

vtsnowedin wrote:https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=mgfrpus1&f=a

why you even post stuff like that is beyond me? Besides a violation of the site COC . . . it merely shows an ever-increasing measure (40 million barrels) of a particular liquid, gasoline. Is your argument that gross production increases of liquids will continue forever? If so, that's deluded. An attempt to disprove ETP . . . then lame.

Your graph neglects fuel used to drill wells and truck/train Bakken tight shale. That is a net-loss of transport fuels. The economy ends. That's what counts. Your post is a violation, and a waste of time and carbon emissions.
There's nothing deeper than love. In fairy tales, the princesses kiss the frogs, and the frogs become princes. In real life,the princesses kiss princes, and the princes turn into frogs

“Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.”
― Maya Angelou
pstarr
NeoMaster
NeoMaster

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sat 18 Mar 2017, 16:24:02

pstarr wrote:
vtsnowedin wrote:https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=mgfrpus1&f=a

why you even post stuff like that is beyond me? Besides a violation of the site COC . . . it merely shows an ever-increasing measure (40 million barrels) of a particular liquid, gasoline. Is your argument that gross production increases of liquids will continue forever? If so, that's deluded. An attempt to disprove ETP . . . then lame.

Your graph neglects fuel used to drill wells and truck/train Bakken tight shale. That is a net-loss of transport fuels. The economy ends. That's what counts. Your post is a violation, and a waste of time and carbon emissions.

Don't presume to lecture me on the COC. The link I posted is from a government source and is the truth that refutes the lies posted above it. It speaks for itself and your opinion on the matter does not matter to anybody with a brain.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby shortonoil » Tue 21 Mar 2017, 10:51:10

"Don't presume to lecture me on the COC. The link I posted is from a government source and is the truth that refutes the lies posted above it."

Now how exactly does it refute anything? "Lies posted above"; pot calling kettle black.
shortonoil
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby shortonoil » Wed 22 Mar 2017, 13:55:15

Here is a recent email that we received from Cathal Haughian that we thought to share with you. Her research is very interesting.

"Mr Hill,
This data seems to chime in perfectly with your 3% decline in refinery yields per year. Any thoughts?
"Now you’re wondering why the roads aren’t all empty  When the refiners realized they were going out of business they sold parts of their retail networks which explains the sharp drop offs in some states. So when we add in bulk sales for the purpose of resale the picture is not so cataclysmic. After crunching the numbers for all grades and formulations—for sales to end users and sales for the purpose of resale—between Jun 2006 and Jun 2016: The total decrease is 16.65%.
That’s a 1.65% decrease in sales per year, minimum. But here’s the killer—refinery receipts of crude oil keeps increasing. In 2009 they received 5,261,068 thousand barrels whereas the 2015 figure was 6,004,798 barrels. That’s an increase of 1.63% in inputs per year and a decrease in sales of 1.65%. Let’s call this The Crude Oil Crunch."
http://www.beforethecollapse.com/2017/0 ... me-states/ "

http://www.thehillsgroup.org/
shortonoil
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Babydoomer » Thu 23 Mar 2017, 02:44:26

What happened to the graph you posted Short?
Babydoomer
Coal
Coal

Previous

Return to Peak oil studies, reports & models