Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The Real Peak oil

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: The Real Peak oil

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 09 Mar 2017, 17:25:33

asg - " If you believe peak-oil to be a non-event, why do you continue to engage in the discussion?" I'm guessing English is your second language since you are having trouble understanding what I've elaborated on great detail many times. Simply that the DATE of global PO is of little importance. OTOH the consequences of the POD (Peak Oil Dynamic) have a tremendous impact on billions of the planet's inhabitants. And if you pay attention to EVERYTHING posted on this site by the vast majority here the DATE of PO isn't discussed much anymore...other then how many of those predictions have been wrong. OTOH the individual components of the POD are critical IMHO.

But hang in there and keep reading. In time your English comprehension will likely improve.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 09 Mar 2017, 20:45:10

Revi wrote:We are here in the center of things, and we have lots of oil and it's cheap right now.

A bit amusing of a consequence of the peak oil that happened a decade ago that some are still insisting on, don't you think?

Revi wrote:Meanwhile out on the periphery thing are getting bad for a lot of people. Brazil and Venezuela are in a deep recession, the Eurozone is in a funk and even Asia is slowing down a bit. We are going to feel it eventually. I really don't know when it will be, but homeless people are feeling it now.

Things have been bad for a lot of people before you were born, during your lifetime, and after you die. It isn't a special event of anything other than the human condition. Venezuela is even worse than that, it is an ON PURPOSE, a situation created by morons in charge. And of course the US will feel it eventually, do you know that the current time since the last recession is abnormally long? We've got to get a recession sooner or later, and you can't tell me homeless folks ever have chicken and gravy, they are always feeling it, and are always there, just like those things being bad for a lot of people since before you were born.

There is nothing new in the human condition.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby AdamB » Thu 09 Mar 2017, 21:08:46

ROCKMAN wrote:asg - " If you believe peak-oil to be a non-event, why do you continue to engage in the discussion?" I'm guessing English is your second language since you are having trouble understanding what I've elaborated on great detail many times. Simply that the DATE of global PO is of little importance. OTOH the consequences of the POD (Peak Oil Dynamic) have a tremendous impact on billions of the planet's inhabitants.

And POD has another name. Economics. And it involves far more than just oil. Always has. Always will. Dumbing it down and confusing poor oil-ignorant with it seems counter productive, as asg seems to be noticing.

rockman wrote:And if you pay attention to EVERYTHING posted on this site by the vast majority here the DATE of PO isn't discussed much anymore...other then how many of those predictions have been wrong. OTOH the individual components of the POD are critical IMHO.

Yes...economics does matter more. And of course the diehards can't discuss peak oil dates, it was embarrassing, what happened. The Oil Drum imploded as the rats fled the rising tide of US oil, how many tens of thousands of page views could YOU take, people laughing at your ludicrous claims, being destroyed by reality? Can't be easy. Amazed there are any left really.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion