Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Hello Pt 8

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Re: Hello

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 15 Dec 2016, 05:05:08

Bot.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Thu 15 Dec 2016, 11:34:42

Gypsey - But a smart bot. LOL.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby NJNiceGuy » Mon 19 Dec 2016, 14:52:10

Hello, I have been reading PeakOil for a few years, (and "theOIlDrum" before that point). I particularly enjoy reading the opinions of ROCKMAN who and others who seem have posted things that make me feel like I have learned from truly experienced and knowledgeable adults. Of course the problem with the internet is that we never know whether people really are who they say they are, and somehow the internet seems to imply that it is not even important whether people are who they say they are. However I believe that ROCKMAN is who he says he is, so there. I am profoundly grateful for the opportunity to read such comments.

As for me, I am going to tell you that I am a believer in LENR. I say this because I have personally met a few people who are leading this research, and I have followed the LENR story since 2011. I enjoy reading peak oil.com because it is a place that seems to agree with my belief that energy is the thing that has created our culture, and runs behind all of our industry. (I might add that I also believe that energy is ultimately what backs the worlds currency).

I'd prefer not to debate whether LENR exists. If you believe it is bunk, then I would prefer you dismiss me as an idiot, but politely please.
NJNiceGuy
Wood
Wood

hi all

Unread postby peakoilwhen » Mon 13 Feb 2017, 09:47:59

hi all, i expect peak oil is in the next few years. Am I right? someone here might have a good idea.

Already registered last week, I think I need moderator to activate my account, thks
peakoilwhen
Permanently Banned

Re: hi all

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 13 Feb 2017, 13:09:55

peakoilwhen wrote:hi all, i expect peak oil is in the next few years. Am I right?

Nope. It happened in 2006.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... y-outlook/

peakoilwhen wrote:someone here might have a good idea.

You've been living it along with the rest of us for a decade now. Has it been bothering you much? Not bothering many folks in the states, new supplies that once weren't counted (but now are) making quite a big difference. And apparently we've got enough to last for some time, regardless of 2006 peak oil.

https://www.rystadenergy.com/NewsEvents ... udi-arabia

peakoilwhen wrote:Already registered last week, I think I need moderator to activate my account, thks

Welcome!
Last edited by AdamB on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 13:48:42, edited 1 time in total.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 13 Feb 2017, 13:35:54

POWHEN, welcome. Your here that means you want to open your eyes. Do not let the deniers and shills lull you into a false sense of hope. Hope always exists just not their version
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Mon 13 Feb 2017, 13:46:31

Don't let the doomers take you into their black hole of hopelessness. They will do so if you don't keep your eyes open.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AdamB » Mon 13 Feb 2017, 13:54:15

pstarr wrote:
peakoilwhen wrote:hi all, i expect peak oil is in the next few years. Am I right? someone here might have a good idea.

Already registered last week, I think I need moderator to activate my account, thks

Welcome peakoilwhen? I believe the International Energy Agency says it was in 2015.

Fatih Birol, head dude for the IEA, called it in 2006. No need for revisionist history here, other than to save someone embarrassment for having not listened to the likes of Mike Lynch a decade ago.

Yesterday, the International Energy Agency gave us another of those hermeneutic opportunities.

Their World Energy Outlook 2010 concluded that global production of conventional oil (remember that word “conventional”) likely reached its highest point in 2006. For the foreseeable future, the report predicts that production will remain on a plateau of 68 to 69 million barrels a day. In this scenario, conventional oil “never regains its all-time peak of 70 million barrels per day reached in 2006,” said the report.

http://transitionvoice.com/2010/11/its- ... e-in-2006/

For the record, global crude oil and lease condensate production is about 80 million barrels a day now?

pstarr wrote:You are not the only one requiring moderation. AdamB is an oil-company intern. He's in the marketing and promotion department at IM Inna-hole LLC lol

Notice all my comments are appropriately referenced because, when the facts are on your side, there is no reason not to. Which is why pstarr didn't provide a reference showing what the IEA has fallen for in the past, but I did.
Plant Thu 27 Jul 2023 "Personally I think the IEA is exactly right when they predict peak oil in the 2020s, especially because it matches my own predictions."

Plant Wed 11 Apr 2007 "I think Deffeyes might have nailed it, and we are just past the overall peak in oil production. (Thanksgiving 2005)"
AdamB
Volunteer
Volunteer

Unread postby Cog » Mon 13 Feb 2017, 13:56:29

Pay no attention to the dope smokers and hippies which inhabit this site. They don't want to MAGA.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby sparky » Mon 13 Feb 2017, 21:31:37

@ peakoilwhen ..... welcome to the site

I've been expecting the Peak in crude production for some years now , so far no sign of it , really .
It's a bit like the Beckett play " waiting for Godot"
it tell us much about the personages and nothing at all about the "when"

quotes
“We always find something, eh Didi, to let us think we exist?”

“POZZO: I am blind. (Silence.)
ESTRAGON: Perhaps he can see into the future.”

“VLADIMIR: What do they say?
ESTRAGON: They talk about their lives.
VLADIMIR: To have lived is not enough for them.
ESTRAGON: They have to talk about it.”

“Estragon: What about hanging ourselves?
Vladimir: Hmm. It'd give us an erection.”
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Hi

Unread postby Aaron03 » Wed 15 Feb 2017, 05:13:48

Hello everyone,
I am a new member and writer. I think that, I can learn lots of things to this forum which will help me to write some content about hydrocarbon assignment and I can use it to provide my help to my students.
Aaron03
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Aaron03 » Thu 16 Feb 2017, 01:32:29

Hello Everyone,
I have seen few topics of this forum and all are good.I think that This things would help me in my project.
Aaron03
Wood
Wood

Hi, hey, hello!

Unread postby hydrolog » Sun 19 Feb 2017, 12:31:37

Hello!
I am a new member of this community. I just wanted to say hello to you all. :)
To want to, is to be able to.
hydrolog
Wood
Wood

Re: Hi, hey, hello!

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 20 Feb 2017, 00:28:55

hydrolog - Welcome. And an explanation for your name? Some geologists are curious.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Re: Hi, hey, hello!

Unread postby sparky » Mon 20 Feb 2017, 16:40:38

Hello Hydrolog , welcome on board , any connections with the hydrocarbon industry ?
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby sparky » Mon 06 Mar 2017, 01:04:12

best of luck and welcome
as a primer for the site , there is a range of beliefs on the hydrocarbons extraction

At one end , the Ubber-Doomers ,
modern civilization is growing off 200 millions years of fossil carbon deposit ,this is now coming to an end , like now !
no grow means a societal collapse ,
....that's "the road runner argument" , Willie Coyote has run over the edge

At the other end , the cornucopians ( from the cornucopia horn of plenty )
there is a great abundance of fossil carbon which can be extracted for the coming decades
extra heavy oils , tar sands , natural gas , untapped undiscovered new fields , enhanced recovery ...etc
they concede a rise in cost but would point out that the price per barrel is very manageable
....society would painfully adapt as it always does

A side groups are the Greenies who affirm that burning all this carbon is a deadly practice
we must stop this carbon addiction before it kill us all
....that's the windmill as saviors theory

Most are somewhere inside this triangle , opinions fluctuate only a little

Good luck with your endeavor :)
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 06 Mar 2017, 02:09:09

Aaron - What do you teach?
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby onlooker » Mon 06 Mar 2017, 04:53:35

Aaron, the archives on this site have an extensive database which is excellent as a reference especially as a primer on the subjects discussed here. Welcome
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome