Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

WEF Global Risk Report 2017

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

WEF Global Risk Report 2017

Unread postby Newfie » Wed 18 Jan 2017, 19:31:15

This is the 12th annual release of this report.

This year they have the report, in the typical PDF format and a video where it is being introduced and summarized by a few talking heads.

There is a LOT of overlap between points covered here on PO and these WEF report.

Granted the delivery is sleep inducing, and I think there is a lot they get wrong, still they do represent some very influential thought segments touching our world financial and government systems. It's worth listening to and reading if only to better know your enemy.

I thought it might be the basis for some interesting discussion.

http://reports.weforum.org/global-risks-2017/
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: WEF Global Risk Report 2017

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 12 Feb 2017, 14:29:28

I was perusing the global risks report for 2017 and noticed a few things. First, water crisis in terms of impact is becoming of great concern. In general, environmental problems are garnering more attention than in past years both with regard to impact and likelihood. Also, large scale involuntary migration is becoming more of an issue.
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Re: WEF Global Risk Report 2017

Unread postby Newfie » Sun 12 Feb 2017, 21:13:06

Yes. I only glanced at this years report so far. It struck me as a bit more cohesive than previous reports.

I'm not wild about this report or their methods, but it seems to be the best tool available to us at our level. I think it is a bit reactionary and knuckle headed at times.

On the other hand what it does seem to do is sort of take a pole on how many prominent folks across many fields feel about our future. What seems consistent over the years is that, no matter the percieved current threat, folks are getting more and more worried it can't go on.

Kind of as if they thought Limits To Growth was right or something.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Return to Economics & Finance