Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The mother of all anti-matter debates.

Discussions of conventional and alternative energy production technologies.

Re: The mother of all anti-matter debates.

Unread postby Tanada » Sat 03 Dec 2016, 17:23:28

Rod_Cloutier wrote:I suppose that anti-matter will be risk free, with no radioactive waste or other unforeseen problems

https://youtu.be/P6oyiDqrDrg?t=1m8s

Technology is neutral, it can be used for good or evil. Who would we trust to handle these dangerous and potentially catastrophic materials

You should ask the same question about the millions of places around the world where chemicals are handled, both on small and large scales. I almost died on a job site about 20 years ago because the foreman ignorantly dumped ammonia and chlorine bleach in the same bucket and the fumes filled up the structure I was in. There was only one door and the bucket was between me and it down a long hallway. By the time I started coughing from the fumes it was too late to take a breath of clean air and hold it. That was not a good day.

Does that mean nobody should be allowed to use ammonia and Chlorine bleach? Well the label said right on it do not mix and the foreman was perfectly capable of reading the warning. Sometimes common sense is all too rare. Hopefully persons in charge of more dangerous substances are more safety conscious than small companies with careless foremen.
Alfred Tennyson wrote:We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Tanada
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The mother of all anti-matter debates.

Unread postby dissident » Sat 03 Dec 2016, 17:38:35

Give me gamma rays, beta and alpha particles over the zoo of carcinogenic and mutagenic organic compounds never seen before on this planet released into the environment that are becoming ubiquitous. All the hysteria about nuclear and not a single squeak about this global disaster. I guess it ain't Hollywood enough.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Energy Technology