Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Just released: the movie about the movement to break free

How to save energy through both societal and individual actions.

Just released: the movie about the movement to break free

Unread postby GHung » Sat 30 Apr 2016, 16:14:33

The new film Disobedience, about the global movement to break free from fossil fuels, is now available for free download and streaming at watchdisobedience.com!

Disobedience is a new film about a new phase of the climate movement: courageous action that is being taken on the front lines of the climate crisis on every continent, led by regular people fed up with the power and pollution of the fossil fuel industry. It tells the story of 4 communities preparing to participate in Break Free from Fossil Fuels actions in May 2016.

Video URL: https://youtu.be/Tdtc7ltYB8E ... about 41 minutes.
Blessed are the Meek, for they shall inherit nothing but their Souls. - Anonymous Ghung Person
GHung
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Re: Just released: the movie about the movement to break fre

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 02 May 2016, 08:35:50

Ghung - Mucho thanks. I made it thru the entire film. Lots of good emotional tags for sure. But did I miss the part where they've come up with a plan to replace ff energy? Some interesting pieces: such as the archbishop sitting in a very nice room talking about the plight of the poor. Likewise lots of sad pictures of folks living in severe poverty. But, again, did I miss the part of the proposed disobedience that will help elevate all those poor folks out of their circumstances?

Much of the world it truly a sh*thole for its people. But where's the solution?
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby hvacman » Mon 02 May 2016, 15:49:10

pstarr wrote:The film reduces stress. It's a sharing thing. We complain and whine to each other and then you people the engineers, technicians, and cartels fix the problem.

Now get to work RM :evil: :razz:

Pete - I'll interrupt my work for a moment to deliver a message from we people like RM and me.

Thank you:)
hvacman
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Mon 02 May 2016, 16:40:38

pstarr wrote:Wait a minute! You are not we people. You are an engineer type person so you are you people and you people had better get to work fixing everything or we people will be mighty mighty disappointed. :-x :P

Ayn Rand already pointed out how well THAT works out in "Atlas Shrugged". At the end of the day, when the politicians run out of capable people to blame and punish for being productive -- reality still hits the unproductive.

Too bad that part of BAU is insulating the self serving masses so thoroughly from economic reality that they don't realize this simple truth.
Given the track record of the perma-doomer blogs, I wouldn't bet a fast crash doomer's money on their predictions.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby ennui2 » Mon 02 May 2016, 23:19:11

The only thing Ayn Rand thinking has done is foster deregulation and empower corporatocracy (think Citizen's United). Just because someone is a smart elite doesn't mean their works will further the public good.
"If the oil price crosses above the Etp maximum oil price curve within the next month, I will leave the forum." --SumYunGai (9/21/2016)
ennui2
Permanently Banned

Return to Conservation & Efficiency