Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

environmental activists being murdered

environmental activists being murdered

Unread postby onlooker » Wed 09 Mar 2016, 20:03:32

Just one of those stories which just should make every human ashamed to be a human. Imagine killing environmentalists simply wishing to protect the Commons for current and future generations. Sickening. http://grist.org/news/map-116-environme ... -one-year/ :(
"We are mortal beings doomed to die
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Re: environmental activists being murdered

Unread postby Cog » Wed 09 Mar 2016, 21:06:41

Its really not much of a surprise that these people end up dead, when they themselves are hard core Marxists or affiliated with them, with the sole purpose of overthrowing their respective governments.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Lore » Wed 09 Mar 2016, 21:21:02

Cog wrote:Its really not much of a surprise that these people end up dead, when they themselves are hard core Marxists or affiliated with them, with the sole purpose of overthrowing their respective governments.

Spoken from someone who has the Confederate flag as his avatar. :roll:
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Lore » Wed 09 Mar 2016, 21:27:24

Double post
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 09 Mar 2016, 21:48:01

It is hard to enjoy the freedom of speech if speaking freely can get you killed.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby onlooker » Wed 09 Mar 2016, 22:01:42

What does environmentalism have to do with Marxism. Oh yeah I get it because they must be Marxist if they somehow try to obstruct the juggernaut of Capitalism.
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby americandream » Wed 09 Mar 2016, 22:13:20

Lore wrote:
Cog wrote:Its really not much of a surprise that these people end up dead, when they themselves are hard core Marxists or affiliated with them, with the sole purpose of overthrowing their respective governments.

Spoken from someone who has the Confederate flag as his avatar. :roll:

These creatures are upside down capitalists. Feudalists who think that they know capitalism. A capitalist would fundamentally be liberal and in sync with environmentalism (as they recognise that a living ecosphere is necessary to transact business in. A feudalist thinks a business is running a plantation with lots of slaves and the masses mostly in serflike servitude. You know, just living hand to mouth. Basically arse. Of course, in mature capitalism, competition eventually leads to consolidation and transition to the next phase of modernity.

But the system is overrun with these jackeroos which accounts for the fcukups we have from time to time. That said, these specimens have their uses. An example...we need Trump to clear up the Muslim mess and end the relationship the Republicans have had with the Saudis since the Cold War. When that is done, Trump will be given the boot and the system will revert back to its liberal tendencies with climate issues at the fore. Businesses in other world tightening up systems to minimally impact planet earth.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Wed 09 Mar 2016, 22:18:59

americandream wrote:....
But the system is overrun with these jackeroos which accounts for the fcukups we have from time to time. That said, these specimens have their uses. An example...we need Trump to clear up the Muslim mess and end the relationship the Republicans have had with the Saudis since the Cold War. When that is done, Trump will be given the boot and the system will revert back to its liberal tendencies with climate issues at the fore. Businesses in other world tightening up systems to minimally impact planet earth.
Interesting prediction. I rate it's probability at about two percent.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Wed 09 Mar 2016, 22:36:39

vtsnowedin wrote:
americandream wrote:....
Interesting prediction. I rate it's probability at about two percent.

Yeah, but you're a lightweight who wouldn't know how to read price if your life depended on it so, meh.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby SteveO » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 11:15:43

americandream wrote:But the system is overrun with these jackeroos which accounts for the fcukups we have from time to time. That said, these specimens have their uses. An example...we need Trump to clear up the Muslim mess and end the relationship the Republicans have had with the Saudis since the Cold War. When that is done, Trump will be given the boot and the system will revert back to its liberal tendencies with climate issues at the fore. Businesses in other world tightening up systems to minimally impact planet earth.

I completely agree that we need to rid ourselves of these jackeroos (I like that term), but short of using the method Saddam Hussein used to realign the Iraqi parliament I just don't see how a president could make that radical a change in two 4 year terms.
SteveO
Wood
Wood

Unread postby WildRose » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 13:53:27

Not true. Most of them died trying to preserve land and ecosystems that indigenous people have traditionally lived on.
WildRose
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby C8 » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 15:40:26

Re: the murder of the environmentalist- she was threatening business profits so they got someone to send a message to would be followers. In Latin American nations life is very, very cheap. Murder is easily done because of the community code of silence and the "no snitching" rule.

US liberals are deluding themselves if they think mass immigration can coexist well with environmentalism. What is being imported is a culture of corruption and death that serves the "green" of money- not nature.
C8
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 17:08:36

C8 wrote:Re: the murder of the environmentalist- she was threatening business profits so they got someone to send a message to would be followers. In Latin American nations life is very, very cheap. Murder is easily done because of the community code of silence and the "no snitching" rule.

US liberals are deluding themselves if they think mass immigration can coexist well with environmentalism. What is being imported is a culture of corruption and death that serves the "green" of money- not nature.

Mmmm. Labour mobility is a fundamental characteristic of a globalised capitalism. Its like...you know...I need the best worker...skills or cost wise and you aint no good as you are too costly or just plain old useless. I dont run a charity as you will appreciate. So I bring in someone from elsewhere.

That has nothing to do with liberals...thats a dollar and cents Republican business open market loved by Ronald Reagan thing. Of course, liberals are keen to ensure that these people are not flogged along the streets and boulevards of our civilised nations so they set a standard for the free market Republicans. So as you see, its a two way thing.

As we get more sophisticated as a global market, workers and capitalists get more liberal and things run a bit better on the civility front although the rich do continue to get richer.

Annndddd...to round up this potted history of globalisation, lets not forget that it is the Republicans who do the most business with the Saudi Arabians who incidentally teach hand chopping Islam to the rest of the Muslim world...and in Latin America, it is the Republicans who love the gangster make you disappear overnight style of Hispanic government.

But we liberal capitalists progressively rise to the fore, by degree as we replace these incompetents.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 17:55:20

Neither Anglo-style Republican capitalism nor Anglo-style Liberal Democrat capitalism will ever replace Latino cronyism and and a culture that values family ties above all.

Once upon a time, we prided ourselves on a "melting pot" that absorbed all cultures and transformed them into a unique American culture. This worked pretty well for every group except the Blacks - in the end, they were still Black and still a separate group in every inner city.

Then the melting pot was displaced by "diversity" and rampant multi-culturalism in the 1960s, and this has only gotten worse. The Blacks are still separate, and now we have many other separate groups, whose unique cultures have persisted beyond the first generation born in this country.

Now we reap what we have sown. I don't know about where you live, but here in San Jose, the Blacks and the Latinos and the Asians are into the 3rd generation of gang warfare since the 1960s. I get my face rubbed in it when I serve on a jury. Such as the Latino parolee at my last trial, charged with three murders by gun and one via a baseball bat.

Lets hear it for Diversity, and the bone-chilling violence it begets. Once you have cheered that, then cheer for the official liberal Democratic party diversity politics which is the root cause.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby americandream » Thu 10 Mar 2016, 18:02:34

KaiserJeep wrote:Neither Anglo-style Republican capitalism nor Anglo-style Liberal Democrat capitalism will ever replace Latino cronyism and and a culture that values family ties above all.

Once upon a time, we prided ourselves on a "melting pot" that absorbed all cultures and transformed them into a unique American culture. This worked pretty well for every group except the Blacks - in the end, they were still Black and still a separate group in every inner city.

Then the melting pot was displaced by "diversity" and rampant multi-culturalism in the 1960s, and this has only gotten worse. The Blacks are still separate, and now we have many other separate groups, whose unique cultures have persisted beyond the first generation born in this country.

Now we reap what we have sown. I don't know about where you live, but here in San Jose, the Blacks and the Latinos and the Asians are into the 3rd generation of gang warfare since the 1960s. I get my face rubbed in it when I serve on a jury. Such as the Latino parolee at my last trial, charged with three murders by gun and one via a baseball bat.

Lets hear it for Diversity, and the bone-chilling violence it begets. Once you have cheered that, then cheer for the official liberal Democratic party diversity politics which is the root cause.

Yeah. But when you enter the rural areas in the States, white crime is rampant. What do you think all that sleeping with rellies, shooting up each other, widespread drinking ( I had a couple fighting in a drunken/drugged state at midnight not far from where I was camped) the rampant drug culture is, the feeling of menace. And I have seen this in my travels in the US. Rural America is as dysfunctional as urban America. No one is beyond reproach. You just dont see it being a local. But as a foreigner I had a unique birds eye view of things.

We just dont have those extremes in NZ and we are very multi cultural. You have a significant mental illness problem over there.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Fri 11 Mar 2016, 10:36:08

My, my. Never been to NZ. But I notice every online government statistic is divided into three groups, which are "People, Māori, and Pacific People". That's a pretty telling look at life there. I assume you are in the majority group "People", and your skin is white.

By the way, your official government alcoholism statistics are about 20% higher than ours, and your crime statistics are a wash. While it is true that by a small percentage white crime outnumbers other racial groups in America, you are talking about absolute numbers and a large white majority - which is about 19 to 1 in rural areas, while large city inner city areas are tilted the other way, with significant numbers of other racial groups, carefully segregated into territories with gang violence on the borders. Here in the US and toney Silicon Valley, we have one neighborhood less than two miles from my house that is all Hmong, we have entire towns where Spanish is the only language used, and every city has a Chinatown.

This new racial segregation is all due to the politics of Diversity, by one major political party that finds advantage at the ballot box by dividing one group from another and then bringing them all together at election time with false words of inclusion.

Not your fault, I know - but you seem to have the wrong impression about this country as well. It is actually true that the Republican party was founded in the fire of the Abolitionist movement and by and large doesn't give a damn about race, they promote and stimulate the economy as a path to happiness for all. The Democrats have always been the practitioners of bigotry since the biggest bigot of all - our seventh president Andrew Jackson - founded that party.

Oddly enough, the present election has set the system on it's ear. The present Republican front runner Donald Trump is the perfect Jacksonian Democrat, whereas the actual leading Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton is the penultimate practitioner of White Privilege and epitomizes everything the Democrats officially but do not actually oppose.

It's confusing for those who see it from outside, I admit. But to harken back to the topic of this thread, we are not murdering our environmental activists here, either. Most American environmentalists are wealthy, urban, and white. They spend $5000 for a plate of rubber chicken at a fundraising event, and feel good about it. It comforts a conscience troubled by the ownership of a NAFTA-enabled factory in our own 3rd world countries in South and Central America.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby americandream » Fri 11 Mar 2016, 15:35:50

Err. The US is still insane, both in the cities and rurally. That said, you have a significant liberal bourgeoisie who do all the hard world whilst the pretenders collectively rap and red neck their arses off so I am hopeful that the sane will prevail.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby onlooker » Sun 16 Jul 2017, 16:00:06

200 Environmentalists Were Murdered Last Year
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017 ... ss-report/
onlooker
Fission
Fission

Unread postby Cog » Sun 16 Jul 2017, 17:36:34

There is quite the difference between peaceful protest and rioting and burning construction equipment. Something NatGeo does not seem to parse well, if at all.
Cog
Fusion
Fusion

Next

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate