Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Solution to the coming energy crisis

General discussions of the systemic, societal and civilisational effects of depletion.

Re: Solution to the coming energy crisis

Unread postby MonteQuest » Sun 17 Jan 2016, 13:09:59

Tanada wrote:There are things even now that can be done to cushion the energy transition, like building a super insulated earth shelter home if we have the funds to do so.

Been there, done that. :) Most of my cost was defrayed by having the skills to do it all myself.
A Saudi saying, "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
MonteQuest
Expert
Expert

Unread postby MonteQuest » Sun 17 Jan 2016, 13:20:29

I don't see any solution. I see possible mitigation's, but only at the personal or group level. Own some land free and clear. Learn to live with a lot less, and to share what little you have with others. Surround yourself with MacGyver types who will have your back.

Beyond that, it's pure guess work. We don't know how the monkeys will react.
A Saudi saying, "My father rode a camel. I drive a car. My son flies a jet-plane. His son will ride a camel."
MonteQuest
Expert
Expert

Unread postby careinke » Sun 17 Jan 2016, 22:06:02

MonteQuest wrote:I don't see any solution. I see possible mitigation's, but only at the personal or group level. Own some land free and clear. Learn to live with a lot less, and to share what little you have with others. Surround yourself with MacGyver types who will have your back.

Beyond that, it's pure guess work. We don't know how the monkeys will react.

Good plan, remarkably similar to my own. :)
Cliff (Start a rEVOLution, grow a garden)
careinke
Volunteer
Volunteer

Previous

Return to Peak Oil Discussion