Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The spread of Fascism and Oligarchy status

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: The spread of Fascism and Oligarchy status

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sat 02 Jan 2016, 22:51:58

KaiserJeep wrote:I have a question, Keith. Why must every thread here be twisted to the myth of AGW?
The DL is not an AGW fascist? I guess if he only prays that's OK with you.

KaiserJeep wrote:Except of course, when it comes to the public at large, whom reject actually doing anything to mitigate AGW by 9-to-1.

Nor have these stats changed in any significant way in the 2+ years we have been talking.

More KJ facts of unknown provenance.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sat 02 Jan 2016, 22:55:13

When profit driven corporations start caring about my personal liberties to breathe clean air and not destroying the planet, we wont need legislation to make them do it.

If Libertarians want to live a tax free life full of freedom of choice, they could just go and live in a razor wired compound in a third world country and do as they please.
Or build a space station.
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Sat 02 Jan 2016, 22:56:10

KJ, You are confusing the term Totalitarian with Fascist. You have already been told this. There are NO left-wing Fascists, as the definition is right-wing extreme authoritarian.

All Fascists are totalitarian, not all totalitarians are Fascists. Moron.

It's like you've set out to prove your ignorance in every field of knowledge. You've totally rewrote history, politics, and philosophy to fit what you want to believe.

Talk about willful ignorance to the max. Go on, be a fool living in your own bubble of untruths. Doesn't affect reality one bit. But reality will slap you upside the head real hard when it catches up to you.

Living in your own fantasy world is a luxury afforded by our current civilization, which is on it's way down the tubes.

I would suggest being assessed by a mental health professional. I know, you've already been to several, and they are all liberal fascists. Actually it's just you.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sun 03 Jan 2016, 14:28:04

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Wed 06 Jan 2016, 02:29:03

Keith_McClary wrote:
KaiserJeep wrote:You forgot the part about the space habitat being clean, healthy, and pollution free, with abundant energy, clean water, and food. Which pretty much will not describe anyplace left on Earth.

Will it be fascist and/or oligarchical ?

Essay by Kim Stanley Robinson
By this I mean that their situation will demand certain behaviors to ensure their survival. They will have to tightly control their population; both maximum and minimum human numbers will be necessary, and whatever system they devise to achieve this stability, it will not include individual unconstrained choice. Also, there will be quite a few jobs that will simply have to be filled in order for their life support systems to be maintained. Again, however they manage this issue, people will not be free to do what they want, or to do nothing. So in these areas of reproduction and work, generally regarded as basic to human meaning and political freedom, the society in the starship will have to rigidly control themselves. No matter their methods for achieving this control, they will end up living in some version of a totalitarian state. The spaceship will be their state, and to keep the spaceship functioning, the state will rule.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics