Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

The next 10 years, what does the future hold?

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: The next 10 years, what does the future hold?

Unread postby Pops » Tue 29 Sep 2015, 09:23:02

I've never known any really wealthy people but I once worked for a pretty wealthy guy. We were BSing in a car on the way to somewhere and he told me about having a childhood friend who was really well off. My boss said he had tried to hang but just couldn't keep up, or after a while even relate.

I'm a <50%er by birth and attitude. On my very best day I might have briefly glimpsed 10% but it was an accident.
My boss was a 1%er but even though born to a going concern he still had to work it, to whatever extent.
His friend was a born 0.1%er...
3 different worlds.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Re: The next 10 years, what does the future hold?

Unread postby Newfie » Tue 29 Sep 2015, 16:16:22

Ibon, thanks for the explanation.

Not sure I entirely agree. IIRC Kissinger and Nixon scuttled Johnsons Peace talks with N. Vietnam in order sway the election in Nixons favor. Remember his secret solution he couldn't talk about that didn't exist?

Then again, I'm pretty sure Johnson knew much more about the Kennedy assination than he said.

But hey, did you ever see a video of Maralyn singing happy birthday to JFK in congress? Ya think he wasn't tagging that? Ya think ever guy in congress was jealous? Ya think? Mean...OBVIOUS or what?

They have been a pack of assholes since Ike. So I would chase it back to then, at least. Carter may have been an honorable man, but we sure didn't like the song he sang. Booted him at the first opportunity.

The problem isn't the "leaders", the problem is we get the leaders we want.
Newfie
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics