Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

DEADLINE: No New C Infrastructure by 2018

Re: DEADLINE: No New C Infrastructure by 2018

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Fri 17 Jul 2015, 13:26:52

"The snide assumptions of some that no one ever would are mostly projections on the part of right-wingers." Not an assumption at all...a FACT. If you care to argue otherwise show me where a strongly liberal community, like San Francisco, has decided to give up even a small portion of their fossil fuel sourced energy. Sure: the folks in SF sold their energy stocks...and monetized their profits. That stocks still belong to the new shareholders with the SF sale having no effect on how those public companies carry on business. A large % of the US population is liberal: show me where there has been a significant abandonment of fossil fuels anywhere in the US thanks to the collective efforts of those liberals... the liberals had control of the White house and all of Congress a few years back: exactly what monumental changes did they make to: save the world"?

Let’s look at one of THE most liberal US states: Vermont. First, a Vermont republican is more liberal than a Texas democrat. LOL. Now some FACTS from the EIA:

With the permanent shut down of the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Plant at the end of 2014, Vermont lost 55% of its electricity generating capacity and the source of more than 70% of its net generation in recent years.

In 2014, 73% of Vermont's net electricity generation was produced by NON-RENEWABLE energy.

Vermont has a voluntary goal of obtaining 25% of electricity consumed in the state from renewable energy resources by 2017. IOW their goal is to be consuming 75% of their electricity made by GHG generating sources. How liberally white of them. LOL.

And part of their “sustainability” goal…producing GHG by burning wood: Vermont's Clean Energy Development Fund is promoting winter heating with high-efficiency wood combustion technologies and fuel from sustainable forest ecosystems. So they define “Clean Energy” as including converting solid carbon (trees) into atmospheric carbon (aka GHG).

Just as I point out to Graeme from time to time: I really don't give a sh*t what anyone has to say about changing the current dynamics or what should be done to alter our continuing GHG production path: show me the actions that back up those words. So now the same offer: show me where the liberals have collectively done anything significant to alter the path the world is on. It's way past time to just talk the talk...start walking the talk or shut the f*ck up. LOL.

Now to be fair here’s the chance for everyone else to make their “snide remarks”. LOL. I don’t mean to sound too bitchy but sometimes this holier than thou bullsh*t gets to me.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Re: DEADLINE: No New C Infrastructure by 2018

Unread postby ritter » Fri 17 Jul 2015, 14:22:24

ROCKMAN wrote:Just as I point out to Graeme from time to time: I really don't give a sh*t what anyone has to say about changing the current dynamics or what should be done to alter our continuing GHG production path: show me the actions that back up those words. So now the same offer: show me where the liberals have collectively done anything significant to alter the path the world is on. It's way past time to just talk the talk...start walking the talk or shut the f*ck up. LOL.

Sonoma and Marin counties in California have managed to get community choice aggregate green power pumped across PG&E lines. It's an opt-out program with a minimum 33% renewable power with the option to buy into 100% local renewable in Sonoma. Marin Clean Energy offers 50% or 100%.
https://sonomacleanpower.org/
http://www.mcecleanenergy.org/power-choices/

I'm not arguing the basic premise of your rant, just that some liberal places are making significant changes. Although likely, too little too late. And certainly don't really alter BAU.
ritter
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Previous

Return to Environment, Weather & Climate