Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

NEW MEMBER COMMENTS LISTED BY SIGNIFICANCE

Having trouble? Is the forum having trouble?

Moderator: admin

NEW MEMBER COMMENTS LISTED BY SIGNIFICANCE

Unread postby Hiruit Nguyse » Tue 05 May 2015, 20:02:19

I have hesitated for a while before posting this, but I notice that we seem to have a few members who are posting an average of nearly 80 to 100 comments daily on this forum. All such members typically post comments denigrating worthy members and adding nothing meaningful to the conversations.

While I have a built in Ignore button for such persons, it has the unfortunate effect of diluting the "Member Comments" menu, such that it is not possible to always be made aware of the commments that are worth following (such as Hills Group, Rockman, and other experienced persons).

I think we need to be able to block some member comments from coming up in the "Member Comments" menu, so that an individual can access the most recent comments from experienced authors, and avoid missing them due to the menu constantly updating nearly a dozen troll comments per hour. In other words PO should allow you to customise the "Member Comments" menu, so you can view the comments by members that you wish to follow, and filter out the chaff.
Hiruit Nguyse
Wood
Wood

Re: NEW MEMBER COMMENTS LISTED BY SIGNIFICANCE

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Tue 05 May 2015, 21:10:15

Nobody is posting that much, your overstatement nullifies your comment. In my 6 odd years here I have never used the enemy button. There are a few I rarely read, but none so annoying I feel compelled to block them. Weird attitude I reckon, like that snooty stuff used to go on at TOD, elitist wankerism. This is an open board. When you use blocking you are trying to turn it into something else. Maybe you should start your own blog & ask people you like permission to quote them?
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Hiruit Nguyse » Tue 05 May 2015, 23:07:50

OK I should have said 2 members precisely, and possibly the same person(s) posting under different monikers...one in particular that has posted more than 50 - 60 comments per day for the last week or so, and uses perjoratives towards some of the more respecatble users. And yes, the Idea is to be able to view commentary from senior members with deep knowledge on the subjects, rather than filter past snyde comments about being 'short one quart', or similar insults regarding nationality. Absolutely, my desire is a reliable means of accessing those bits and bobs of knowledge and insight that often appear in the comments section (particularly links often posted to rare and unusual bits of industry news by individuals), and to avoid the back and forth bickering that clutters up much of the site currently.

I would like to see PO add a 'Subscribe To Comments' function as part of its system.
Hiruit Nguyse
Wood
Wood

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 06 May 2015, 03:45:06

What about just favoriting each posters home page then click view latest posts? I don't read every thread but it's a long time since I saw racism directed between posters here- please report it when it happens. We certainly could do with more input from Asia.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby sparky » Wed 06 May 2015, 06:22:58

....Names , names :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: !
and I think the "enemy " option is childish in the extreme
sparky
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Wed 06 May 2015, 14:33:08

Gypsy - " I don't read every thread...". A mistake to ignore any poster IMHO. I think some of Rockman's most brilliant posts were in response to someone's dumb comments. The Rockman looks the smartest when seen in the context of some of our "lesser weevils" (See "Master and Commander" to understand reference). Which also explains why the Rockman tries to stand next to folks who are more overweight. LOL.

The more "common" the denominator the better.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby marmico » Wed 06 May 2015, 15:15:58

<I>rather than filter past snyde comments about being 'short one quart'</I>

That would be me. Hill is a buffoon flogging his $59.99 (now on sale this week for $39.99) ETP bullshit. Please screw off.
marmico
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Hiruit Nguyse » Wed 06 May 2015, 15:24:17

Quod erat demonstrandum.
Hiruit Nguyse
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Quinny » Thu 07 May 2015, 17:45:27

Would this thread be bottom of list?
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Technical Support