Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Independent Republic advance continues in Ukraine

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Independent Republic advance continues in Ukraine

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Sat 28 Feb 2015, 10:19:39

But we are a free country - allowed to say what we please. As long as we don't do anything scary - otherwise we're a terrorist. Scary being open to the interpretation of someone else.

How many of our own people have been disappeared?

Ah, don't worry about it, I'm sure they were all bad people.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Withnail » Sat 28 Feb 2015, 13:47:39

A fascist march took place in my city today.

Unlike Ukraine, 4 times as many people turned up to stage an anti fascist counter march.

Police were present and did not stand by while anyone was burned to death in buildings or anything like that.
Withnail
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby dissident » Sun 01 Mar 2015, 15:23:12

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... inflation/

There is massive inflation in Ukraine, not one single post from Six$ on the subject. May his beloved butcher regime in Kiev crumble.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby radon1 » Mon 02 Mar 2015, 04:04:41

http://tass.ru/en/economy/780356?utm_me ... =ITAR-TASS

Ukrainian minister warns citizens against panic amid food shortages

Ukrainians can buy no more than 2 packages of buckwheat, 3-5 kilograms of flour, 3-5 kilograms of sugar and 2 bottles of sunflower oil

KIEV, March 2. /TASS/. Ukraine’s agrarian policy minister Alexey Pavlenko has asked citizens not to panic amid food shortages in the country and blamed speculators for the current crisis.

"We have enough foodstuffs. As for crops, for example, we have 5.2 million tons now while the domestic consumption is 2.1 million tons. We have enough buckwheat. We have an excessive production of sugar, estimated at almost 700,000 tons, or more than the consumers need," Pavlenko said.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2 ... bt-debacle

Ukraine's Debt Debacle

Even as its conflict with Russian-backed secessionists festers, the Ukrainian government is facing a growing threat on the economic front: A sovereign debt burden that is rapidly becoming unbearable

radon1
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Mon 02 Mar 2015, 08:09:51

You did not bear the shame
You resisted
Sacrificing your life
For freedom, justice and honor

The German Resistance Memorial -Berlin

Once it's over, they need one in the Independent Republics. Better yet, take Kiev and build it right there in their face.

I hate fucking Nazis.
"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and provide for it." - Patrick Henry

The level of injustice and wrong you endure is directly determined by how much you quietly submit to. Even to the point of extinction.
Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Sat 14 Mar 2015, 12:49:40

The independent Republics are threatening to cancel the Minsk agreement if Kyiv fails to adopt measures giving the break-away regions special status.

The ultimatum refers to the Minsk agreement which states that the Ukrainian government must publish a list of areas with special status by Saturday.

“Kyiv has in fact 24 hours left to fulfil its part of the obligations (in the Minsk agreements),” explained Denis Pushlin, spokesman of the Donetsk People’s Republic. “If the ordered decision isn’t passed in the Verkhovna Rada (parliament) in 24 hours, it will become obvious to the entire world that Kyiv is not prepared to keep to the road map prescribed in Minsk.”

link

That time limit is about to expire. The ceasefire is part of that agreement.

Of course, not a peep from the western media. The are waiting to jump all over the Independent Republics for violating the agreement, with no mention of Kiev not fulfilling it's end of the bargain. You watch.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby AgentR11 » Sat 14 Mar 2015, 14:31:57

radon1 wrote: (from article)"We have enough foodstuffs. As for crops, for example, we have 5.2 million tons now while the domestic consumption is 2.1 million tons. We have enough buckwheat. We have an excessive production of sugar, estimated at almost 700,000 tons, or more than the consumers need," Pavlenko said.

This is the lesson we learned in 1920. It doesn't matter a hill of beans if you have enough domestic production, if you do not keep the money circulating with sufficient velocity so that each citizen is able to purchase said foodstuffs at normal market prices. You can see their failure most simply in the amounts they pay for pensions, etc; those are supposed to be on the low end; but they are like 1000 uah a month, which amounts to $50 at best. $50 can not support market rates on those basic food stuffs for a months supply. So they can grow it till it pours out their ears, but they can then only do one of:

1. export it
2. subsidy sale it via government debt
3. let it rot.

Thus depression era food problems, just like we had; in spite of depression era production surplus... just like we had.
Only, we didn't try to fight a civil war at the same time.

This guarantees instability. Instead of #2, they needed a "food stamp" ish program which keeps the money circulating, and keeps the products moving from field to warehouse to retail store. Of course, its a lot harder to skim off money from a food stamp program than it is a government direct subsidy that distorts retail pricing.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Tue 17 Mar 2015, 01:49:06

According to the Minsk-2 agreement Kiev had to ratify special status for the Independent Republics by the 30th day from signing which was February 12th. 30 days was last Thursday.

The Independent Republics, out of generosity and desire for this to work gave them to the end of the week.

Now this week, the Western Media is praising Kiev for floating drafts. They have violated the conditions of the Minsk-2 agreement. It required RATIFICATION by Kiev's Parliament by the 30th day, last Thursday.

But instead their is a new spike in Western Media attacks claiming the Independent Republics are the ones not meeting the terms of the agreement.

Keiv forces are again massing for an assaults along the whole front. Kiev has been withdrawing damaged heavy weapons and replacing them. OSCE has reported the units that have been withdrawn, but not the replacement with fresh units.

This is about to go hot again, and Kiev will not have been held to any of their requirements under the ceasefire.

I doubt there will EVER be another negotiation, except for Kiev's surrender.

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby dissident » Tue 17 Mar 2015, 08:11:40

You are right, the Kiev regime is waiting for the spring thaw mud fest ("rasputitsa") to dry before starting another assault. That should be in another two weeks.
dissident
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 17 Mar 2015, 14:09:24

dissident wrote:There is massive inflation in Ukraine, not one single post from Six$ on the subject.

I didn't link an article but I did mention the 300% inflation in a post to Agent, wherein I said it wasn't right to give Ukrainians hope if this is how it's going to be and just 300% inflation.

I feel like John McCain does, it's just sad the Ukrainians were strung along but we never really did anything for them.

If Jeb Bush can take office in '17, then McCain could get some bills passed to help Ukraine.

Here's the thing: Ukraine has massive swaths of good farmland as good as Iowa. The currency is low. People want to invest in there. And they want foreign investment, but corps can't invest until the war ends. The war needs to end for things to get better, yet Putin doesn't want it to end, so if that's the case then the only to end it is by military victory.

Russia's got no right to ever threaten the world with nuclear war if we refuse to let Russia continue to keep Ukriane a Syria mess for the next 20 years and more. It's not right, these people are suffering, the war should end one way or another.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby AgentR11 » Tue 17 Mar 2015, 20:38:46

Just like in Russia, the inflation and other numbers are going to be wierd. For different reasons though. Russia was playing funny money before 2014; and Ukraine was playing a huge consumer subsidy game. The magnitude of Kiev's crime is much worse though.
Yes we are, as we are,
And so shall we remain,
Until the end.
AgentR11
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby Cid_Yama » Wed 18 Mar 2015, 20:26:23

Kiev violates 'special status' portion of Minsk-2, refers to DPR/LPR as 'temporarily occupied'
“The DPR and LPR announce that there can be no compromises with Kiev until yesterday’s shameful decisions by [Ukrainian President Petro] Poroshenko and the Verkhovna Rada [Ukrainian parliament] are changed,” Zakharchenko and Plotnitsky said, in a statement. “Kiev has shown its inability to negotiate.”

“The Verkhovna Rada [Ukrainian parliament] made changes, proposed by [President Petro] Poroshenko, which essentially rewrite the agreement, or, to put it simply, grossly violate them,” Russian foreign minister Lavrov said, adding that he contacted his counterparts in Germany and France to look into the “blatant violations of the very first steps of the Minsk political package.”

"What comes out of parliament's decree is that only when these territories are led by somebody suitable for Kiev will the law on special status come into effect," Lavrov said, according to AP, adding: "That is an attempt to turn everything that was agreed upon on its head."

link

So much for Minsk-2. Poroshenko got his pause to regroup and rearm. DPR/LPR got nothing. Time to roll into Kiev and end this. Why anyone would trust the Nazi puppet regime to honor it's commitments in the first place is beyond me.

Russia May Support Independent Donbas if Paths to Peace are Exhausted
Russia may support the independence of the Luhansk People's Republic and Donetsk People's Republic if all other ways to achieve peace are exhausted, Russian Federation Council Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Konstantin Kosachev told radio station Kommersant FM.

The senator noted that if the question is supporting the creation of an independent Novorossiya or independent LPR-DPR, Russia would consider it as an option.

"If and when all other all other possibilities to achieve a political solution are exhausted, I don't rule this possibility out."

link

Luhansk Says Renewal of Fighting in East Ukraine Possible - LPR Leader
The political reclassification of the eastern regions of Donetsk and Luhansk to "military-civilian administrations" by Kiev goes against the terms of the Minsk agreement, the head of the Luhansk People's Republic (LPR) Igor Plotnitsky said Friday.

"This is in no way fits into the Minsk agreements. I see that they are following their favorite goal: discrediting, provocation, and rocking the boat," Plotnitsky said.

Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko on Thursday signed a decree to redefine the eastern regions of Donetsk and Luhansk as "military-civilian administrations."

Also on Friday, Alexei Karyakin, speaker of LPR's parliament, called the reclassification of Donetsk and Luhansk a ploy to strengthen Kiev's blockade of the regions.

"This goes against the Minsk accord… This is one of the moments that exacerbate the situation," Karyakin said.

Luhansk People's Republic (LPR) does not rule out the possibility of resuming fighting in Ukraine's east as Kiev is not observing the Minsk accords, LPR leader Igor Plotnitsky said Thursday.

"Ukraine is not going to abide by the agreements that we have signed. It is evident. The probability of resumption of the war exists," Plotnitsky said.

link

Cid_Yama
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby radon1 » Mon 23 Mar 2015, 06:41:19

http://www.sott.net/article/294197-Crim ... Home-VIDEO

Crimea: Way Back Home (VIDEO) [English subtitles]

Comprehensive account of the events.
radon1
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Previous