Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

New book claims China may fund Hawaii separatists

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

New book claims China may fund Hawaii separatists

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 10 Feb 2015, 09:26:36

Okay this article is pretty crazy. First off, it's in "freebeacon." The article is sourcing what appears to be a serious book though:

The Hundred-Year Marathon: China's Secret Strategy to Replace America as the Global Superpower

One of the U.S. government’s leading China experts reveals the hidden strategy fueling that country’s rise – and how Americans have been seduced into helping China overtake us as the world’s leading superpower.

For more than forty years, the United States has played an indispensable role helping the Chinese government build a booming economy, develop its scientific and military capabilities, and take its place on the world stage, in the belief that China’s rise will bring us cooperation, diplomacy, and free trade. But what if the "China Dream" is to replace us, just as America replaced the British Empire, without firing a shot?

Based on interviews with Chinese defectors and newly declassified, previously undisclosed national security documents, The Hundred-Year Marathon reveals China’s secret strategy to supplant the United States as the world’s dominant power, and to do so by 2049, the one-hundredth anniversary of the founding of the People’s Republic. Michael Pillsbury, a fluent Mandarin speaker who has served in senior national security positions in the U.S. government since the days of Richard Nixon and Henry Kissinger, draws on his decades of contact with the "hawks" in China’s military and intelligence agencies and translates their documents, speeches, and books to show how the teachings of traditional Chinese statecraft underpin their actions. He offers an inside look at how the Chinese really view America and its leaders – as barbarians who will be the architects of their own demise.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Hundred-Year-Marathon-Strategy-Superpower/dp/1627790101

Here's the article about China stoking separatists in Hawaii:

Hawaiian Independence Movement Attracts Chinese Interest
Restoration of kingdom could end U.S. military presence

HONOLULU—China has suggested arming Hawaii’s independence activists in retaliation for U.S. arms sales to Taiwan and recently threatened to challenge American sovereignty by making legal claims to the Pacific islands as its territory.

Chinese threats to back several groups of Hawaiian independence activists who want to restore the islands’ constitutional monarchy, ousted in a U.S.-backed coup over a century ago, has raised concerns that military facilities on the strategic central Pacific archipelago are threatened at a time when the Obama administration is engaged in a major shift toward Asia as part of its military and diplomatic rebalance.

Michael Pillsbury, a Pentagon consultant and author of the recent book 100 Year Marathon, said Chinese military hawks, known as “ying pai,” told him they are ready to provide arms to Hawaiian independence activists in retaliation for U.S. arms sales to Taiwan.

“Beijing’s extraordinary sensitivity to American arms sales to Taiwan—even one bullet or a spare tire for a jeep—often provokes angry words,” said Pillsbury who has held talks with 35 Chinese generals in recent years.

“A favorite comparison the ying pai has made to me is ‘How would the Pentagon like it if we provide arms to our friends in Hawaiian independence movement?’” he said. “I was incredulous because I had never heard of such a movement in Hawaii, but, after checking I met a few of them.”

Another indicator of Chinese interest in fomenting unrest in Hawaii surfaced in 2012, when then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton revealed Beijing had threatened to assert legal, territorial claims over Hawaii.

Clinton said U.S. ownership of Hawaii came up during talks with the Chinese after she pushed back against Beijing’s destabilizing territorial activities in the South China Sea.

“At one point in one of my long discussions about this, one of my Chinese interlocutors said, ‘Well, we could claim Hawaii,’” she said. “I said, ‘Well, go ahead, and we’ll go to arbitration and prove we own it. That’s what we want you to do.’”

The Hawaii sovereignty movement is made up at least 10 groups that are seeking some form of independence from the United States and the re-establishment of the monarchy ousted in 1893, with the support of the U.S. government and a company of U.S. Marines.

A defense official said military counterintelligence agencies several years ago conducted routine assessments of the Hawaiian independence movement to determine whether the movement might pose a threat, should its activists turn to violence and threaten U.S. troops.

Siu, of the Hawaiian Kingdom group, said he was told by a Pentagon official several years ago that contingency plans had been drawn up for withdrawing forces from Hawaii in the event of independence. “But I’m sure [the U.S. military] would rather renegotiate” the military bases to keep forces in place, he said.

Pentagon and Pacific Command spokesmen said they were unaware of any such contingency plan. “I’m not aware of any concerns here in the Pentagon for something like this occurring,” said Pentagon spokesman Mark Wright.

Siu says the federal government has dismissed the independence claims as “water under the bridge” arguing that because of long U.S. government control that past claims of independence are no longer valid.
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/hawaiian-independence-movement-attracts-chinese-interest/

What a crazy, insane article. But it's linked on Drudgereport.

I wonder if any of that is true, if Beijing really brought up Hawaii in talks with fmr sec of state Clinton? If any of that is true, then folks, you can see how it's dangerous to even appear to be so weak as we've been in recent years. China may actually think it really could just take Hawaii, in a darn WTO court case, give me a break.

Or stoke separatists, or attempt to.

Hawaii is a state. States and territories cannot secede or be taken. First nato is questioned, now our federal union questioned. WTF.

P.S. I watched some news reports about the issue of Hawaiin monarchists wanting some kind of recognition as a tribal nation or whatever. There's enough smoke on this fire about China and Hawaii though, that I'd say Congress should be aware of this and shut it down cold -- no recognition whatsoever for any tribal anything in Hawaii.
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Re: New book claims China may fund Hawaii separatists

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 10 Feb 2015, 09:47:01

Native Hawaiians debate best path to sovereignty tribalstatus or outright independence By Cathy Bussewitz

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WAIMANOLO, Hawaii - Pookela Rodenhurst lives as if he's back in the Hawaiian Kingdom. He hunts for sea turtles, watching for the game warden behind his back. He forages for herbs in the Koolau Mountains. He drives without a license because he won't agree to abide by state laws.

Rodenhurst and other Hawaiian nationalists who long for a return to the days when the islands were ruled by royal families are increasingly dominating the debate about the future of the islands' indigenous people. And their insistence on someday restoring the kingdom threatens to overshadow a federal proposal that could, after years of lobbying by advocates, offer Native Hawaiians some of the same privileges that have long been available to other native groups.

Rodenhurst insists the American government is "belligerently occupying Hawaii."

"They have no business to come out here and try to engage us and treat us like Indians," he said.

Resentment over the annexation is nothing new among Native Hawaiians, but it resurfaced in June, when the U.S. Department of Interior began considering extending tribalstatus, which moderates believe is a far more realistic goal than somehow reversing Hawaiian statehood.

"People will criticize that federal recognition is not the end-all, be-all for Hawaii's population, but it is what I believe is achievable in my lifetime," said Michelle Kauhane, president and CEO of the Council for Native Hawaiian Advancement. -CP-
http://www.theturtleislandnews.com/daily/mailer_stories/jan192015/Native-Hawaiians-debate-best-path-to-sovereignty-tribal-status-2.011915.html

So if they're given tribal status, how much is that going to cost? Is it just going to cost a bunch of money that wasn't getting spent before? And you can't go handing over anyone's land to a newly recognized tribe, either.

Most of all -- if there is any truth at all that anyone in China is talking about Hawaii, then I'm sorry, I don't know if they should get this tribal recognition. If half them really want an independence movement.

Is Hawai‘i an Occupied State?
As the campaign for full independence gains momentum, a new view of Hawaiian history is taking hold.
http://www.thenation.com/article/194745/hawaii-occupied-state#

How Space Aliens Could Advance Cause of Hawaiian Independence
Hawaiian Sovereignty Group Sees Lava Field as Perfect Spot for Extraterrestrial Encounters
http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-space-aliens-could-advance-cause-of-hawaiian-independence-1423011333
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby GregT » Tue 10 Feb 2015, 12:23:54

Sixstrings wrote:if Beijing really brought up Hawaii in talks with fmr sec of state Clinton? If any of that is true, then folks, you can see how it's dangerous to even appear to be so weak as we've been in recent years.

The most dangerous thing of all is Hillary Clinton herself. Put it out to pasture, before it causes more serious problems.
GregT
Coal
Coal

Unread postby Quinny » Tue 10 Feb 2015, 15:24:09

Unfortunately all the terms that I could use to comment on 6's post are against the COC, so I'll have to just say no comment.
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 10 Feb 2015, 19:17:15

pstarr wrote:I like it Six. If the US can fund seperatists all over the world where it is none of our business, then China should have a little fun in Hawaii. Only fair and democratic.

No. Any Americans involved in that would be guilty of high treason and conspiracy to armed insurrection against the united states, not to mention collusion with a foreign power and espionage charges.

And just to reiterate -- this thread is silly, but it's on drudge and we've never talked about Hawaii independence before so it's a bit interesting. Or folks could talk about China, or Hawaiian history. I do wonder if Beijing has ever mentioned Hawaii like the book supposedly says.

I did some looking and from what I can tell, there is no serious independence movements. Seems like a conch shell republic kind of thing. :lol:

They voted 94% in favor of statehood in 1959. You can't go back once you vote for statehood, it's a done deal, we done had a civil war over that and the Supreme Court settled it -- no state can ever secede, whether that's Vermont or Hawaii. Any such action is armed insurrection against the government.

I do kind of wonder if we'll ever become so weak over here, that a future Obama type admin may not know what to do if a state did want to secede -- like Scotland tried to, in the UK.

Back to Hawaii (admittedly a silly non issue :lol:) but here's a video of separatists taking down American flags in protest:

American Flags Taken Down By Hawaiian Kingdom Advocates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyUZq6HDAKI
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Tue 10 Feb 2015, 19:47:04

Australia has established how to do native land rights on paper whilst changing almost nothing in reality. A lawyers picnic.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 10 Feb 2015, 20:49:09

SeaGypsy wrote:Australia has established how to do native land rights on paper whilst changing almost nothing in reality. A lawyers picnic.

Well I guess it would be the same over here, and I'm assuming the article I linked it crazy fiction -- but we can't recognize any tribes that are really bent on independence.

I think Hawaii is a situation where Hawaiians are really long since assimilated. It's not like anyone is stopping Hawaiians from being Hawaiian -- in Hawaii. They voted for a state government and that's what they have, since 1959, they have a governor and not a queen anymore.

I'm not up on all the info about Hawaii other than it's mostly native Hawaiians and then it's hugely international with a lot of Asians. They are separated and off on their own, way out there. The Hawaiian native "kingdom of Hawaii" group -- is that even a real tribe? Is the "tribe" not just the state government itself for goodness sake? They already have a tribe, it's called the state Hawaii.

Do you guys get my point on that? You don't need to make a separate tribal reservation thing if the "tribe" already is the state, anyway.

(again, I think this "kingdom of hawaii" movement is just conch shell republic type stuff :lol: needs to be looked into though, who the leaders are and all of that, if tribal status is going to be granted)
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Sixstrings » Tue 10 Feb 2015, 21:02:13

Some other China news:

China seizes toilet paper bearing image of Hong Kong leader

BEIJING » Chinese authorities have seized about 8,000 rolls of toilet paper and another 20,000 packages of tissue paper printed with unflattering images of the territory's pro-Beijing chief executive, Leung Chun-ying, according to an official of the small political party who placed the order.

The items were to be sold at a market during Chinese New Year's later this month, said Lo Kin-hei, a vice chairman of the Hong Kong Democratic Party.
http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20150206_China_seizes_toilet_paper_bearing_image_of_Hong_Kong_leader.html?id=291141811
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby americandream » Wed 11 Feb 2015, 00:17:05

Highly unlikely. There is no one capable of manning this globalist system apart from the home of its source culture England, and its militant child, America.

Workers such as six clearly do not know the rules of this game but being a trader in the worlds biggest market, money, I see the dominance of these two centres played out night after night.

I would really recommend an education, six. You havent a clue.
americandream
Permanently Banned

Unread postby Sixstrings » Wed 11 Feb 2015, 06:35:07

americandream wrote:Highly unlikely. There is no one capable of manning this globalist system apart from the home of its source culture England, and its militant child, America.

Workers such as six clearly do not know the rules of this game but being a trader in the worlds biggest market, money, I see the dominance of these two centres played out night after night.

So nothing to worry about? The special relationship rules the world after all, cuz it controls all the money? That what you're saying?

Inidentally.. this "china's gonna arm Hawaiin separatists" is really a silly non story.

But it's an interesting case study in how someone can just take a snippet from some book, write a blog in the "examiner" and then that gets picked up and recycled in 5 more news sources.

Hawaiian Nation may team up with China to oust U.S. military from islands
https://www.intellihub.com/hawaiian-nation-may-team-china-oust-u-s-military-islands/

CHINA MAY ARM HAWAIIAN INDEPENDENCE MOVEMENT
Possible overture a response to U.S. arming Taiwan
http://www.infowars.com/china-may-arm-hawaiian-independence-movement/
Sixstrings
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 11 Feb 2015, 07:55:37

No 6, the observation by AD is astute, very much real. English is the global language, there is no contender. The mother country of the global language is of course in a unique position re global outcomes. Her most militant & greatest spawn, well it doesn't even need to be said, does it?
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Return to Book/Media Reviews