Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Arab-Israeli War

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

Re: Arab-Israeli War

Unread postby Poordogabone » Sun 01 Feb 2015, 14:04:49

Ok, please read again each article and pay attention to were the quotes ("...") are inserted and note when they are absent.

Example:
Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei called for the destruction of Israel over the weekend, stating that the “barbaric” Jewish state “has no cure but to be annihilated.”

And later in the article the actual full quote:
“This barbaric, wolflike & infanticidal regime of #Israel which spares no crime has no cure but to be annihilated,” Khamenei wrote.

This to me is misleading the reader.
Demand for the destruction of the "regime" does not equate do the destruction of the state.

Go back and read all above articles, it's all the same.
Poordogabone
Peat
Peat

Unread postby vtsnowedin » Sun 01 Feb 2015, 14:12:39

Your trying to split blond hairs with a dull axe, and you have your mind made up and don't want to face the truth.
You should at least realize that the quotes are translated into English from the Farsi the speeches were given in. so the meaning of "regime" might not be an exact fit to what was said.
vtsnowedin
Fusion
Fusion

Unread postby Poordogabone » Sun 01 Feb 2015, 14:33:36

vtsnowedin,
I do not have my mind made up, if this was the case I wouldn't have bothered reading each articles that were linked, what I see is an obvious pattern of deception. And I am very aware of the translation issue which also has been used in the past in support of the scare tactics.
Poordogabone
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Keith_McClary » Sun 01 Feb 2015, 19:40:25

GHung wrote:Placing blame in this mess seems pretty idiotic to me. This has been the normal state of affairs for most of 5000 years (or more). The only things that have changed are population, technology, and that you're alive to watch it play out (again). So jump right in.

For the western world, this is where it all started. How aprapos that this could be where the end begins, eh? Full circle? Maybe in another 5000 years someone will dig it up again, trying to figure out WTF.
Zionism is 19th century European ethnic nationalism and Euro-American colonialism. It has no roots in the Mideast.
Facebook knows you're a dog.
Keith_McClary
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Unread postby 123 » Tue 03 Feb 2015, 07:05:34

Both Persians and Jews are fanatically religious and have somehow managed to hold the entire world hostage with their politics that has strong religious roots. I think the world should let them duke it out and give a cookie to the winner.

But on 'destruction of Israel' I am with vtsnowedin
here is the official stance of Iran that is often misrepresented by media

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkbPmCXqx9s
Wood
Wood

Previous

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics