Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

FrackNation

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

FrackNation

Unread postby Pablo2079 » Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:36:18

Just caught FrackNation on Netflix the other day:

http://fracknation.com/

The alterego of Gasland for sure! I would think that the truth lies somewhere in between.

This documentary was started via a kickstarter campaign and highlights the struggles landowners have endured with the shutdown of fracking in Pennslyvania/NY/Maryland. It also makes a claim that some of the families featured in Gasland (flaming water) might have been less than genuine about their claims.

Well done... makes you wonder who to believe!
Pablo2079
Lignite
Lignite

Re: FrackNation

Unread postby Unit30Bull » Wed 20 Aug 2014, 10:39:04

And people wonder where Burning Springs, WV got its name...natural gas has been seeping through the water systems in the NE USA since the beginning of time.
"The Future Belongs to Those Who Prepare For It."
Peter Hurd
Unit30Bull
Wood
Wood

Unread postby TrickyDick » Sat 23 Aug 2014, 22:04:39

I watched half of it and quit; I get the point. OK, this Josh Fox guy definitely looks like an ubercreep bad guy. He is funded by Ruskies, is that it? So there is an energy conspiracy where Gasprom is running US environmental policy? Gets a bit weird. Maybe Russia really is out to cause our small farms to fail and this is just a clever ruse? :lol:

I can certainly see how Big Oil would not want more natural gas extracted, if there was competition for the same market share, but there isn't much threat of natural gas powering the US auto industry anytime soon. What is natural gas used for, other than heating and cooking? What is the next biggest use?
TrickyDick
Wood
Wood

Unread postby KaiserJeep » Thu 09 Jun 2016, 17:26:19

I saw Gasland a month ago, followed by Gasland Part 2 a week later. I just watched FrackNation.

Now I pretty much think that most documentaries are made by people with a hidden agenda. I don't know what agenda Josh Fox has, other than the obvious. By refusing the $100,000 lease from the gas company, he will realize over time a heck of a lot more money, plus the accolades of those whose not-so-hidden agenda is to suppress fossil fuel development and usage by all means, honest and dishonest. HBO has obviously scored huge - the Gasland documentaries were cheap to make and very popular with viewers.

You could easily make a list of those who benefit the most from spreading FUD about fracking gas shales in Europe - GAZPROM and Vladimir Putin would top the list, because they have conventional natural gas to sell.

There are many players and many points of view in the USA. I'm just as pleased to be moving to a state which does not have gas shales under the ground - and has many many sources of fresh water. I shall follow the controversy, but without stakes of my own.
KaiserJeep 2.0, Neural Subnode 0010 0000 0001 0110 - 1001 0011 0011, Tertiary Adjunct to Unimatrix 0000 0000 0001

Resistance is Futile, YOU will be Assimilated.

Warning: Messages timestamped before April 1, 2016, 06:00 PST were posted by the unmodified human KaiserJeep 1.0
KaiserJeep
Light Sweet Crude
Light Sweet Crude

Return to Book/Media Reviews