Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

MOSES Organic Farming Conference

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Re: MOSES Organic Farming Conference

Unread postby Timo » Tue 03 Dec 2013, 13:16:22

Organic farming is a crock! I prefer my food to be inorganic!
:badgrin:
Timo

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Wed 04 Dec 2013, 00:38:58

Inorganic beetroot juice lowers blood pressure better than organic beetroot juice does because of the increased nitrates

http://www.naturalnews.com/039548_beetr ... rates.html

Im hoping they will tell us the high nitrates in bacon are good for us too :-D
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby Timo » Wed 04 Dec 2013, 13:26:15

Ummmm.........Do i really have to point out that ALL food is organic? Name one type of common food that is not digestable, ergo organic. "Organic" farming only applies to the restraint of using inorganic pesticides and herbacides in the food's production. The food, itself, is ALWAYS organic. Otherwise, it would be lead, or copper, or mercury. I never took any course in chemistry, but that concept isn't too hard for me to grasp.
Timo

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Wed 04 Dec 2013, 18:27:22

Interesting article
Even organic farming with natural fertilisers and ploughing decreases soil fertility,by its actions,not even calculating the loss in minerals that are exported as produce sold.
I learned that the carbon cycle was a, or the, critical element.
Contrary to popular belief, water soluble nitrogen applications actually depletes soil carbon, rather than builds it – because soil micro-organisms, if I am to use simplistic terminology, feed on nitrogen, and excess soluble supplies send them into a frenzy of activity.
That activity is focussed on breaking down organic matter (carbon rich humus). Regular dousings of water-soluble nitrogen fertiliser (and yes, that also includes concentrated chicken litter and blood meal) turns our microscopic soil buddies into hyperactive, and short lived, soil baddies.
The same thing occurs with over-aeration of soil from ploughing and other manipulations.
The result is rapid plant growth, but at the expense of plant health – and, significantly, resulting in our effectively burning up the organic matter content in our soils, without which there can be no life on this earth.

http://permaculturenews.org/2010/07/27/ ... il-carbon/
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Return to Welcome