Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

GAME CHANGER vs COOL IT

A forum to either submit your own review of a book, video or audio interview, or to post reviews by others.

GAME CHANGER vs COOL IT

Unread postby phaster » Sun 17 Jul 2011, 20:58:41

Just listened to a podcast "Game Changer"

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-a ... me-changer

where: A professor in Pennsylvania makes a calculation, to discover that his state is sitting atop a massive reserve of natural gas—enough to revolutionize how America gets its energy. But another professor in Pennsylvania does a different calculation and reaches a troubling conclusion: that getting natural gas out of the ground poses a risk to public health. Two men, two calculations, and two very different consequences.

anyway a few weeks ago I used netflix to watch "Cool It"

where: Cool It is based upon the book of the same name and lectures by Bjorn Lomborg, the controversial author of The Skeptical Environmentalist. Award-winning filmmaker Ondi Timoner travels the world with Lomborg exploring the real facts and true science of global warming and its impact. Lomborg is the founder and director of the Copenhagen Consensus Center, a globally respected think tank that brings together the world’s leading economists to prioritize major global problems – among them malaria, the lack of potable water and HIV/AIDS – based upon a cost/benefit analysis of available solutions. Amidst the strong and polarized opinions within the global warming debate, Cool It follows Lomborg on his mission to bring the smartest solutions to climate change, environmental pollution, and other major problems in the world.

For more information about Bjorn Lombog and the Copenhagen Consensus, a think-tank based in Denmark that tells governments and philanthropists about the best ways to spend aid and development money, visit:

http://www.copenhagenconsensus.com

http://fixtheclimate.com

anyway given the current state of the global economy, concerns about "peak oil" and "climate change," etc. just wondering if if you where to make up an ordered list of issues to problems to address, how would you rank (in order) items to be addressed? Also wondering what you think of Bjorn Lomborg's economic method to approaching the problem?
truth is,...

www.ThereIsNoPlanet-B.org
phaster
Tar Sands
Tar Sands

Re: GAME CHANGER vs COOL IT

Unread postby Lore » Sun 17 Jul 2011, 23:06:05

Bjorn Lombog is pretty much an outsider in both camps of the argument. A sneaky subset of a denier, known as a delayer, and savaged by the deniers as person that believes in AGW.
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
... Theodore Roosevelt
Lore
Fission
Fission

Re: GAME CHANGER vs COOL IT

Unread postby Subjectivist » Mon 30 Jan 2017, 15:51:47

My ROKU recomended a new streaming chanel for me, tubitv, and it has Cool It as an available documentar so I am watching it now.

It is dissapointing that when someone points out the problems with te climate all tlk no action routine they get attacked. Pointing out 'The Emporer Has No Clothes' seems to get you attacked from all sides, but real science is based on bjective facts. When you get attacked for pointing out the facts then that is not science at all, it is pure political activism attempting to silence dissent.

http://www.lomborg.com/cool-it
II Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Subjectivist
Volunteer
Volunteer

Return to Book/Media Reviews