Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Hello Pt 6

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Re: Well, I'm back

Unread postby Quinny » Mon 13 Jun 2011, 01:50:14

Good to hear from you. Hope the trolls don't drive you away!
Live, Love, Learn, Leave Legacy.....oh and have a Laugh while you're doing it!
Quinny
Intermediate Crude
Intermediate Crude

Unread postby RedStateGreen » Mon 13 Jun 2011, 21:29:59

Quinny wrote:Good to hear from you. Hope the trolls don't drive you away!

Eh, got a thicker skin while away. :)
efarmer wrote:"Taste the sizzling fury of fajita skillet death you marauding zombie goon!"

First thing to ask: Cui bono?
RedStateGreen
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Pops » Tue 14 Jun 2011, 07:36:00

Hey RSG, cool site! Good job.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby jdmartin » Tue 14 Jun 2011, 09:45:58

Hey I also dig your website. It's pretty cool~ I just finished pulling up all my spinach, as it was all bolting. I like that it was the featured plant :)
After fueling up their cars, Twyman says they bowed their heads and asked God for cheaper gas.There was no immediate answer, but he says other motorists joined in and the service station owner didn't run them off.
jdmartin
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: Hello,all

Unread postby bauer5152 » Fri 17 Jun 2011, 21:15:00

Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
bauer5152
Wood
Wood

Howdy All

Unread postby Bill Hicks » Sat 18 Jun 2011, 22:41:19

I'm a peak oil writer and blogger who has been active on various other discussion boards since becoming aware of the issue back in 2008. Since PO.com was kind enough to pick up article I wrote for the Energy Bulletin regarding the presidential candidacy of John Anderson (http://peakoil.com/publicpolicy/once-up ... ed-states/), I figured it was time for me to sign on around here.

Similar to the article, my blog focuses on American history, politics and economics since the peaking of domestic oil production in 1970. It is called The Downward Spiral--A Requiem for the American Dream, and is available at http://billhicksisdead.blogspot.com/

Going forward, I hope to participate in many of your discussions.

Cheers! :)
Check out The Downward Spiral (A Requiem for the American Dream):

http://billhicksisdead.blogspot.com/
Bill Hicks
Peat
Peat

Re: Howdy All

Unread postby Daniel_Plainview » Sun 19 Jun 2011, 00:14:04

The unsavory collection of clowns, hucksters, frauds and charlatans currently running for president makes me long for a time when serious-minded people who care about the long-term stability and sustainability of their country actually had a viable candidate to support. The fact that it has been over three decades since there has been such a candidate speaks volumes for how low we have sunk as a nation in terms of the sheer volume of feel-good lies that we tell ourselves.

Yep, America's downward spiral is now accelerating again after the failure of QE2. Once viewed as "the last hope," Obama now seems to be nothing more than a pawn for the Wall Street corporate establishment.
Daniel_Plainview
Prognosticator
Prognosticator

Location: 7035 Hollis ... Near the Observatory ... Just down the way, tucked back in the small woods

Unread postby Pops » Sun 19 Jun 2011, 07:53:26

Howdy Bill, welcome.
The legitimate object of government, is to do for a community of people, whatever they need to have done, but can not do, at all, or can not, so well do, for themselves -- in their separate, and individual capacities.
-- Abraham Lincoln, Fragment on Government (July 1, 1854)
Pops
Elite
Elite

Unread postby vision-master » Sun 19 Jun 2011, 09:36:42

I know this guy - LATOC and Theoilage. We could use your humor around here.
vision-master

Unread postby Bill Hicks » Sun 19 Jun 2011, 13:31:54

vision-master wrote:I know this guy - LATOC and Theoilage. We could use your humor around here.

Thanks, vm. I'll give it my best shot! :-D

Bill Hicks
Peat
Peat

Unread postby Bill Hicks » Sun 19 Jun 2011, 13:35:19

Daniel_Plainview wrote:
The unsavory collection of clowns, hucksters, frauds and charlatans currently running for president makes me long for a time when serious-minded people who care about the long-term stability and sustainability of their country actually had a viable candidate to support. The fact that it has been over three decades since there has been such a candidate speaks volumes for how low we have sunk as a nation in terms of the sheer volume of feel-good lies that we tell ourselves.

Yep, America's downward spiral is now accelerating again after the failure of QE2. Once viewed as "the last hope," Obama now seems to be nothing more than a pawn for the Wall Street corporate establishment.

Yep--just yesterday I wrote that Obama's continuing attack on Libya w/o Congressional approval is an impeachable offense. Not that he ever will be impeached, of course. Can't do that to the "Good Cop" face of the empire.

http://billhicksisdead.blogspot.com/201 ... tions.html

Bill Hicks
Peat
Peat

Unread postby TheDude » Sun 19 Jun 2011, 16:52:57

Would you prefer to be referred to as Goatboy, and/or tied to a headboard? :roll:

Was explaining Bill's position on Creationism to someone the other day - that, despite being a staunch atheist, that he was very much in favor of it being taught, as it would be the shortest class ever. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. On the third day he rested.

Class dismissed.

See 'ya at the final!"

Sometimes gets a laugh. Sometimes gets an expression of horror/bafflement, as is the case with all of Bill's material. Brilliant man, if you ask me. Almost all other comics are very much on automatic pilot in comparison, and not on a very interesting course, either.
Cogito, ergo non satis bibivi
And let me tell you something: I dig your work.
TheDude
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Bill Hicks » Sun 19 Jun 2011, 21:29:13

TheDude wrote:Would you prefer to be referred to as Goatboy, and/or tied to a headboard? :roll:

Was explaining Bill's position on Creationism to someone the other day - that, despite being a staunch atheist, that he was very much in favor of it being taught, as it would be the shortest class ever. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. On the third day he rested.

Class dismissed.

See 'ya at the final!"

Sometimes gets a laugh. Sometimes gets an expression of horror/bafflement, as is the case with all of Bill's material. Brilliant man, if you ask me. Almost all other comics are very much on automatic pilot in comparison, and not on a very interesting course, either.

That's Mr. Goatboy to you. :mrgreen:

Seriously, the only comic who has ever come close to Bill is Doug Stanhope, and he has been sounding very burned out lately.

Bill Hicks
Peat
Peat

Hello World

Unread postby peeker01 » Sun 26 Jun 2011, 18:18:14

long time lurker here to prep for the collapse
peeker01
Permanently Banned

Re: Hello World

Unread postby vision-master » Sun 26 Jun 2011, 18:21:05

vision-master

Re: Hello,all

Unread postby KateDaring52 » Sun 03 Jul 2011, 21:17:20

Hello everyone!
I am new member and im gald join this
Thank you
KateDaring52
Wood
Wood

Ahoy from CaptD

Unread postby CaptD » Fri 08 Jul 2011, 21:18:10

I'm sailing toward a better USA (and World) by spending more on clean coal, especially liquid from coal (LFC) Tech and Solar; instead of just adding more Nuclear WA$TE!

President Obama has decided to give the Nuclear Industry (aka The Nuclear Fascists) 60 Billion Dollars which would be much better spent here at home!

We cannot afford a Trillion dollar Eco-Disaaster like Japan is now having, (with no end in sight)!

Good Luck to US!
CaptD
Wood
Wood

Re: Ahoy from CaptD

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Sat 09 Jul 2011, 02:17:38

We can't afford to saturate the apmosphere with ever more carbon, CTL or GTL or STL all do even MORE damage than conventional use of these fuels OR the ones they are supposed to be replacing, which we all know, at bet means displacing.
Google Jevon's Paradox. Nothing being proposed has the slightest chance of replacing oil, coal and uranium put together. All will continue their primacy until such time as their EROI appraches 1/1. Then it's game over for a world build on ever increasing consumption. Coal in it's current use saturates landscapes in all kinds of heavy metals, including uranuim. Solar etc take 10 to 20 years to balance their own energy footprint, by which time they are halfway to the garbage. It's a better idea to read more and talk less.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Hello.... during interesting times!

Unread postby Slorisb » Mon 11 Jul 2011, 16:25:18

Hello... as we all enjoy our own version of "interesting times". Looking forward to many interesting conversations.
Principles, Vision, Mission, Life....
Slorisb
Wood
Wood

Re: Hello.... during interesting times!

Unread postby lowem » Tue 12 Jul 2011, 01:03:01

Hi, welcome to peakoil.com.

Yes, let's go through these "interesting times" together 8)
Live quotes - oil/gold/silver
lowem
Expert
Expert

Previous

Return to Welcome