Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

How do i use the submit news pg?

Having trouble? Is the forum having trouble?

Moderator: admin

How do i use the submit news pg?

Unread postby Anvil » Thu 30 Jun 2011, 06:22:20

Hi i am very new on the forums and i dont know how to submit news or use many of the other feature on the news board.
Where is the link i can submit my fav peak energy news at on the?

Here is the link to the news i want to post http://blog.seattlepi.com/theethicist/2011/06/30/american-sociopathic/. This article explains very well i think why the floored USA government will not meet any future challenges like peak energy.
Its a shame that this article dosent directly talk about peak energy. It is still a very informative article and i think the new board will benefit from posting this article.

If you could help me with my problem i would be very pleased. :mrgreen:

Cheers the Anvil
Anvil
Peat
Peat

Re: How do i use the submit news pg?

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Thu 30 Jun 2011, 07:04:48

Don't waste your time on that.
Having written a couple of articles which never got an acknowlegment, let alone publication, I decided that section is for a special elite. To be honest I don't know why they bother having a link to submit news column when only 2 or 3 people ever get articles on there and they are ususally straight out copies of MSM articles or fringe MSM (?)
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby admin » Thu 30 Jun 2011, 07:11:01

As you noticed... The Submit News Page is having a software bug that I can't seem to fix.
I contacted the guy who wrote the submit news script, but haven't heard back yet.

If I can't fix Submit News in the next couple of weeks, we will have to setup something different.

And we do publish around 5-10 front-pages stories each week from "Submit News"

Hope to get it fixed soon.

Sorry.... :( :(
admin
l33t
l33t

Unread postby admin » Mon 04 Jul 2011, 19:46:58

The Submit News page is Fixed Now! :-D :-D :-D
We welcome your posts for Peak Oil Front-Page news.
admin
l33t
l33t

10q

Unread postby NofBreapOpepe » Tue 05 Jul 2011, 00:42:44

I must show appreciation to the writer just for bailing me out of this scenario. Just after researching throughout the internet and seeing ways which were not powerful, I was thinking my entire life was well over. Existing devoid of the approaches to the issues you’ve resolved by way of your entire blog post is a critical case, and the kind which may have in a negative way damaged my entire career if I hadn’t noticed your blog post. Your own natural talent and kindness in taking care of everything was important. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I hadn’t encountered such a stuff like this. I can at this moment relish my future. Thank you very much for the professional and sensible guide. I will not hesitate to recommend the sites to any individual who requires guidelines on this subject.
NofBreapOpepe

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Tue 05 Jul 2011, 01:06:11

Hey Admin, my point wasn't addressed in the slightest.
Twice I wrote what I thought were profound stories about current peak oil issues in outback and remote Australia. They were completely original work and very relevant at the time.
Neither was ever acknowleged or published. This made me feel I had wasted my time in writing them. I haven't bothered since.
Why is there a submit news page which seems to only have articles sourced elsewhere? Why have a 'submit news' page then treat submitted news with disdain? One of the articles I mention I then forwarded to Dmitry Orlov, who published it in his Blogspot. Titled "Peak Oil in the Outback". Dmitry rarely publishes work by 'unfamous' writers. This was all before I started writing my over 2,500 posts on peakoil.com.
Please explain.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby lowem » Wed 06 Jul 2011, 12:19:59

Can't answer on behalf of admin or the rest, since sometimes there *are* technical glitches.

Why don't you create your own blogspot and put it up there first, and then request to post *that* up as a news article. I gather the workflow is something along these lines. Heck, for those interested, people can even subscribe to you via RSS.
Live quotes - oil/gold/silver
lowem
Expert
Expert

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 06 Jul 2011, 19:12:37

Hey Iowem :)
long time no see,
was just thinking of u :)
I barely get time for this, teaching @ uni, nursing, supporting my young family and looking for the next exit take most of my time.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby lowem » Wed 06 Jul 2011, 21:16:08

Hi, yup long time no see. Been really busy with work, but now I'm resting a bit after a minor op, will be back to the office around next week.
Live quotes - oil/gold/silver
lowem
Expert
Expert

Return to Technical Support