Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

New Member Introductory Offer

Say hello, learn how to register, read the rules, get staff announcements.

Re: New Member Introductory Offer

Unread postby Robins » Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:49:27

Hello all, I hope this offer still stands!

I have recently signed up because of a growing interest I have in peak oil, and the future of our planet. I am looking forward to reading all your different opinions, and hopefully getting involved in some of the debates too!

Thanks. :)
Robins
Wood
Wood

Unread postby ROCKMAN » Mon 14 Oct 2013, 11:00:15

Robin - “…all your different opinions”. Actually we are all of one mind here. You will also be assimilated…resistance is futile.

Howdy anyway.
ROCKMAN
Expert
Expert

Unread postby Scrub Puller » Mon 14 Oct 2013, 15:03:07

Yair . . . I have been lurking for a while, finally got the site to accept my registration. Its good to see a few familiar names here, I posted occasionally over at TOD but for the most part keep my trap shut and just read and learn.

I'm an old(ish) Australian bushman and most of you folks talk way above my pay grade. I do have some insight into the way things used to be and from time to chime may be able to contribute to conversations.

From my handle you may realise I have probably knocked more trees down than anyone you have ever known . . . whether that is a good thing is another thing again.

Cheers
Scrub Puller
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Mon 14 Oct 2013, 17:10:03

These guys clear more acreage with a D9 and heavy chain than a whole army of Brazilian cattle ranchers.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Unread postby windmill4884 » Tue 15 Oct 2013, 04:33:37

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the forum world but thought I would join in on the discussion. I'm interested in learning more about the oil problem and other energy issues. I'm particularly interested in wind power. Although I do not know much about wind power I have found wind mills interesting for a while. I do not know a lot about these current issues but hope to learn more and broaden my knowledge of the subject. As a consumer of energy and a citizen of the world I want to be able to add to the discussion and learn where we are heading down the road. It will be interesting to see where these issues will be in 5, 10, 20, years but I'd like to learn where we are right now. I believe I will be able to learn from this forum and to start to form my own opinions about these issues.

Thank you!
windmill4884
Wood
Wood

Unread postby Scrub Puller » Wed 16 Oct 2013, 18:38:23

Yair . . .Reply to pstarr. Something in between mate. Many folks don't realise the extent of tree clearing in Australia.

A few years back we did a nostalgia trip through South West Queensland and you can drive for thousands of kilometres through open grazing/agricultural country and every acre has been cleared by 'dozers.

If anyone is interested open Google Earth, type in "Surat Queensland". None of that open country you will see is natural and it will all revert to forest when diesel fuel becomes too expensive to control the regrowth.

Cheers.
Scrub Puller
Lignite
Lignite

Unread postby SeaGypsy » Wed 16 Oct 2013, 19:02:56

Hey Scrubby! I think we and Brazil have lead the world for deforestation in acreage terms for a long time now. Methinks you are on the money for outback Australia's future sans cheap diesel. It's hard to live in the outback without wondering what happens when the magic golden juice is no longer. Fascinating subject we have touched on here a few times.
SeaGypsy
Master Prognosticator
Master Prognosticator

Previous

Return to Welcome