Donate Bitcoin

Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

musharraf resigns

For discussions of events and conditions not necessarily related to Peak Oil.

musharraf resigns

Unread postby nobodypanic » Mon 18 Aug 2008, 12:44:33

12:58pm UK, Mon, 18 Aug 2008:
Pakistan's president has resigned to avoid impeachment charges, he told the nation during a televised speech. "After viewing the situation and consulting legal advisers and political allies, with their advice I have decided to resign," Pervez Musharraf said.

But he insisted that accusations against him "won't stand". The ruling coalition has prepared charges against him, focusing on violation of the constitution and misconduct.

Mr Musharraf rejected the accusations saying: "Not a single charge in the impeachment can stand against me. No charge can be proved against me because I never did anything for myself, it was all for Pakistan."

sky news
nobodypanic
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Re: musharraf resigns

Unread postby seahorse » Mon 18 Aug 2008, 13:14:31

I should give Bush more credit, it looks like his plan to "democratize" the Middle East is starting to work after all.
seahorse
Expert
Expert

Re: musharraf resigns

Unread postby gw » Mon 18 Aug 2008, 16:02:15

seahorse wrote:I should give Bush more credit, it looks like his plan to "democratize" the Middle East is starting to work after all.

The ouster of Musharraf is another milestone in the failed Project for the New American Century.

Now all we need is a plan to democratize the US.
"I eat the pretzel, it get stuck in the throat and I pass out..." - George W Bush
March 7, 2007 Remarks by the President to Political Appointees
gw
Peat
Peat

Return to Geopolitics & Global Economics