Donate Paypal

PeakOil is You

PeakOil is You

Making Tesla profitable?

Discussions about the economic and financial ramifications of PEAK OIL

Moderator: Pops

Re: Making Tesla profitable?

Unread postby EdwinSm » Sat 08 Jul 2017, 00:21:13

Will that battery be given away free, or can it be installed in time?

The billionaire entrepreneur, who first expressed interest in the project over Twitter in March, promised to stick by his pledge to have the system installed and operating within 100 days from signing a contract "or it is free".
{From the link in the previous posting}
EdwinSm
Heavy Crude
Heavy Crude

Unread postby Outcast_Searcher » Sat 08 Jul 2017, 11:58:24

EdwinSm wrote:Will that battery be given away free, or can it be installed in time?

The billionaire entrepreneur, who first expressed interest in the project over Twitter in March, promised to stick by his pledge to have the system installed and operating within 100 days from signing a contract "or it is free".
{From the link in the previous posting}

I'm suspicious about the 100 day claim. The target date for completion isn't until December. So I'm supposed to believe they can't sign a contract for MONTHS yet, even though the plan is in place and the conceptual drawings have been made? So what, no lawyers work in the summer? (Or Winter in Australia)? LOL

Or are they giving Tesla months of up front prep time so Musk can claim he made his 100 day (marketing) commitment?

Don't get me wrong. I think what Tesla is doing as a company is great. I just don't like the seemingly constant over-the-top three ring circus level marketing spree that Musk produces via twitter. (i.e. that a couple fairly common driving aids (active cruise control and lane keeping) are "Autopilot").

If it were Trump, he'd be accused of being an ignorant liar instead of a genius visionary.

But apparently if they wait to sign the contracts until Tesla says it's ready, then they can do the job in 100 days, or it's free. OK, so I guess that prevents Tesla from playing the usual contractor game of being very late and getting away with it.
Outcast_Searcher
COB
COB

Unread postby Shaved Monkey » Sat 08 Jul 2017, 22:01:50

I think it has to be up and running before the Summer peak when people come home from work and all turn on their aircons at once.

In the UK the peaks are ad breaks when everyone turns on the kettles at once for a cuppa tea
Ready to turn Zombies into WWOOFers
Shaved Monkey
Fission
Fission

Previous

Return to Economics & Finance